Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Listings cut in half

Default Listings cut in half

Gazza, another seller I've just looked at seems to have the same problem with their listings as cmjewels925 was having. See item 32182963 This is really bad, how many other sellers have got listings with the descriptions missing that don't even realise they have a problem ? I can't even contact the seller to tell them as they have no question and answer section !

Default Re: Listings cut in half

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Gazza, another seller I've just looked at seems to have the same problem with their listings as cmjewels925 was having. See item 32182963 This is really bad, how many other sellers have got listings with the descriptions missing that don't even realise they have a problem ? I can't even contact the seller to tell them as they have no question and answer section !
    I know Bloxbooks was with some of his, I haven't seen him around lately, so don't know if he's trying to fiix the problem himself, or is waiting for support to fix it.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Worrying.

After reading this, I had a quick random check.

2nd category I looked at, Ifound these......all cut off half way through the description - 127 of them.
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?wor...arch&type=user

These were originally listed using turbo lister. I download all my listings every couple of months and save them. I found the original file containing these, put it into ninja lister to have a look at them - they are perfect.

With around 7 1/2 items at the moment, and another 1,000 sitting in unsold, I certainly havent got time to go through them, and wont have until January at the very earliest.

Not happy.

Not only does it look bad on my listings, but it looks bad on ebid as a whole, especially with extra would-be buyers appearing for the Christmas period.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 14th November 2011 at 11:29 PM.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    This is really bad, how many other sellers have got listings with the descriptions missing that don't even realise they have a problem ?
    Almost countless I would think. eBid seems to have washed their hands of the damage they did.

While they may have been able to recover listings immediately after the infamous 'fix', as time passes that becomes less and less likely.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Almost countless I would think. eBid seems to have washed their hands of the damage they did.

While they may have been able to recover listings immediately after the infamous 'fix', as time passes that becomes less and less likely.
    Well it's cost them another sale today as I went shopping on the River after not being able to find out the information I wanted here. I dread to think how many potential customers have been driven away by this.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think this has been, and continues to be, the biggest lash-up in all the time I've been here, and I've been very surprised by the lack of engagement from management on it. I don't know if they really don't see it as a big problem, or they're just keeping their heads down.

They might take notice if someone comes in with 50,000+ listings, and it happens to them.

View BLOXBOOKS's Feedback (+5010)
    All-About BLOXBOOKS
    View BLOXBOOKS's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    I know Bloxbooks was with some of his, I haven't seen him around lately, so don't know if he's trying to fiix the problem himself, or is waiting for support to fix it.
    I contacted support and they were able to restore all but a few of the listings, and that I thought was great. I still need to fix the odd few when I stumble upon them. Support did offer to look further, I can not fault the help I was given.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BLOXBOOKS

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BLOXBOOKS View Post
    I contacted support and they were able to restore all but a few of the listings, and that I thought was great. I still need to fix the odd few when I stumble upon them. Support did offer to look further, I can not fault the help I was given.
    Well...seeing as it was they that screwed your listing, a little help should be expected.

Seems a little like thanking someone for handing you a plaster after they have stabbed you.

I know I'm not selling at present, but would just like to add that on my listings that I'm letting to run down, I too have noticed that the auction description is missing and so are the Q&A box at the bottom.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Thread Information