Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exemption granted but visibility greatly reduced

High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View redkiteshoard's Feedback (+3018)
    All-About redkiteshoard
    View redkiteshoard's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Exemption granted but visibility greatly reduced

I agree. I dont think I will be applying for any exemptions in the near future.I was about to launch into some heavy listing very soon, but I think I will take stock of all the comments about Google first. I firmly believe that the real answer is the promotion of eBid as a viable site.

Good to hear I'm not alone. Would be interesting to find just exactly how many sellers are finding things have changed since the exemptions were granted. We can't be the only ones who are finding it tough.

Quote Originally Posted by waynemanor1953 View Post
    Good to hear I'm not alone. Would be interesting to find just exactly how many sellers are finding things have changed since the exemptions were granted. We can't be the only ones who are finding it tough.
    Me ! October was my worst month here since November 2009. Not a happy bunny at all. eBid was beginning to turn the corner and now this Google business seems to have set everything back again.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by waynemanor1953 View Post
    I'm beginning to think I might have shot myself in the foot by applying for exemptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by redkiteshoard View Post
    I agree. I dont think I will be applying for any exemptions in the near future.I was about to launch into some heavy listing very soon, but I think I will take stock of all the comments about Google first. I firmly believe that the real answer is the promotion of eBid as a viable site.
    Thing is, though, if you sell items that don't have product identifiers you *have* to have an exemption or eBid (quite rightly) won't submit your items to GS at all.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    Thing is, though, if you sell items that don't have product identifiers you *have* to have an exemption or eBid (quite rightly) won't submit your items to GS at all.
    I have exemptions on all five shops but still sales have ground to a halt. I have gone through every item I'm selling and where there's a barcode or ISBN then it's been entered. Since then sales have plummeted. Looks to me like stores with exemptions are treated differently and to their detriment.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Me ! October was my worst month here since November 2009. Not a happy bunny at all. eBid was beginning to turn the corner and now this Google business seems to have set everything back again.
    Agree 110%, though before getting an exemption my items weren't showing at all, so at least they're visible now.

Not sure who/what to blame, but Google does come to mind...

Best wishes for many sales to all,

High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View redkiteshoard's Feedback (+3018)
    All-About redkiteshoard
    View redkiteshoard's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would be nice if we could get some clarification regarding this whole Google visibility issue, it seems to be a complete mess.

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    Do you mean that eBis aren't submitting items to the Google natural search any more??? My items can't be uploaded to Google Shopping (exempted or not) as I haven't been given the means to list in French as well as English (have been promised a solution for seven months and counting....) - but thought they were still being uploaded to Google search.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    Do you mean that eBis aren't submitting items to the Google natural search any more??? My items can't be uploaded to Google Shopping (exempted or not) as I haven't been given the means to list in French as well as English (have been promised a solution for seven months and counting....) - but thought they were still being uploaded to Google search.
    They've never "submitted items to Google natural search", that's not how it works. Google crawls the web and finds pages itself.

Thread Information