Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google Exemption - serious worry for Ebid

Default Google Exemption - serious worry for Ebid

Further to my other thread about none of my auctions appearing on Google Shopping, I remain in the same position despite applying for exemption several times. My sales are at a standstill and views have stopped. There is no sign that Google are doing anything to exempt my store, and it strikes me that for many Ebidders, their goods will go unnoticed, since doing an ordinary Google search will find your auctions many pages down the list.

In my opinion, Ebid faces a serious dilema, since Google Shopping is most likely the biggest inroad to sales.

I am more than a little surprised that there is so little information/concern expressed from the top.

Default Re: Google Exemption - serious worry for Ebid

Quote Originally Posted by FortesMentum View Post
    Further to my other thread about none of my auctions appearing on Google Shopping, I remain in the same position despite applying for exemption several times. My sales are at a standstill and views have stopped. There is no sign that Google are doing anything to exempt my store, and it strikes me that for many Ebidders, their goods will go unnoticed, since doing an ordinary Google search will find your auctions many pages down the list.

In my opinion, Ebid faces a serious dilema, since Google Shopping is most likely the biggest inroad to sales.

I am more than a little surprised that there is so little information/concern expressed from the top.
    It looks to me that Google doesaant want to know unless items are new branded and dont think Ebid can do much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    It looks to me that Google doesaant want to know unless items are new branded and dont think Ebid can do much about it.
    Yes indeed. It would seem that Google is headed the same way as E*ay in that respect.

Sadly, one of Ebid's selling points was Google Shopping, and so (once again) for all the sellers of anitquities and home branded goods, we are back in same boat we were in when E*ay pulled the rug from under our feet.

A little bit more of a voice from Ebid would be appreciated.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sadly, one of Ebid's selling points was Google Shopping, and so (once again) for all the sellers of anitquities and home branded goods, we are back in same boat we were in when E*ay pulled the rug from under our feet.
    Are you sure your stuff isn't showing? Mine is despite the fact some of my stores aren't showing as exempt yet.

I don't think the lack of sales has anything to do with Google. My sales were going quite well but suddenly dropped to nothing last week (that's on ebid and feebay). Traffic to blogs also seemed to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    Are you sure your stuff isn't showing? Mine is despite the fact some of my stores aren't showing as exempt yet.

I don't think the lack of sales has anything to do with Google. My sales were going quite well but suddenly dropped to nothing last week (that's on ebid and feebay). Traffic to blogs also seemed to drop.
    Yes. I have searched for all 55 of my auctions under my 1960s records store, and not one of my items is showing on Google Shopping. A search on ordinary google is next to useless as my items usually turn up on page 50 onwards, and it is not clear from the search that it is an item for sale as is the case with Shopping.

Furthermore, my items have ceased to be viewed in the past 3 weeks.

I depend on Google Shopping, but seem unable (despite several applications) to get any sense from Google. Ebid don't seem to be offering much in the way of advice or concern for their members.

I am extremely worried, and fear that one more avenue is closing for my products.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps you should apply for exemption again?

Perhaps you should apply for exemption again?
    :-) (Fourth time lucky perhaps. I don't hold out any hope)

Thuink last weeks blip was due to half-term and an additional day for teacher training, least i hope its that.

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

We've flagged your items for re-uploading. Once they are uploaded you should apply for exemption.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Thanks Gazza. I will give it another go and report back.

Thread Information