Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My bill!

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: My bill!

Well…just say in ‘’other place’’ you will ‘’not’’ sell even that much exactly that particular items because from long time on other place like that items is buried deep in the listing…and anyway many don’t sell much anymore similar stuff which sell before…but if you list this without free days you ‘’will be’’ charged much more for the listing…...

Quote Originally Posted by wgbps9 View Post
    had my latest bill,sold 54 stamps for a total of £10.62,got billed 54p (thats not 2%) more like e-bays 10%, looks like 2% or 1d per auction minimum,so when i sell a stamp for 2d, i pay 1d in fee's (50%) why dont they mention the true rate when you click 'gallery'
    By my calculations you should've been charged 0.21p on your sales are you sure you didn't use extra's like extra photo's etc which are chargable, it should show on your invoice from eBid.

However if you haven't used the extra's then it's possible you may have been charged around 5.1%

However the way I can see it reaching 54p is if you've done the following
    5p = Extra Category
    3p x 5 = 15p Extra Photo's
    4p = Bold
    8p = Subtitle

Plus the FVF of 0.2124 comes to 0.5324p
    So it's best to check your invoice to check incase you accidently added these extra items on
    Last edited by craig7501; 5th November 2011 at 04:30 AM.
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Newbie
    View wgbps9's Feedback (+9382)
    All-About wgbps9
    View wgbps9's Listings
    Forum Posts

hi craig 7501
    In answer to your query , i sold 54 stamps all but 1 were under 30p the majority being 2-3 pence ,i am a lifetime seller, and upload stamps on gallery (2% of fv if sold) which is the only extra cost involved.Somersethedge hit the nail on the head in his explanation.
    many thanx
    p.s forgot to mention that i had 54 invoices for 54 sale's of stamps, all being charged 1p f.v fee
    dave
    Last edited by wgbps9; 5th November 2011 at 04:28 PM.

Not having a pop at the site in any way shape or form but

Craig to break even on the commission you have to sell an item at 50p to pay the 1p minimum FVF, anything below 50p increases the percentage taken.... so if I sell a 3p stamp I am actually paying 33% commisson (as the minimum commision is 1p).... but as I have said before if I dont sell them they are "dead stock" so I am happy to make 2p after commisson than throw them in the bin. and one stamp album can contain many hundreds of stamps so when I get fed up of listing my postcards I list stamps for a change.

Thread Information