eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There are times when phone support is needed

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default There are times when phone support is needed

I'm not suggesting you publish a phone number or employ a load of staff to answer phones but there are times when a short phone call would sort a problem a lot quicker than email ping-pong.

I opened a ticket at 8am on Friday (3 days 6 hours ago). Loads of emails later it's still ongoing. Two 10 minute phone calls (3 at the outside) would have had it sorted.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: There are times when phone support is needed

I agree. Haven't had the need to call yet and likely wouldn't, as it's long distance from here, but it would be a good addition for those necessary moments and/or times when it's easier to speak your problem than write it.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think you either have to have a fully-manned line with stated hours, or nothing. Since it's unlikely the finances run to the former, I think we're stuck with the latter. If you just give some people a number sometimes there's going to be a lot of screaming from those who don't get it.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I think you either have to have a fully-manned line with stated hours, or nothing. Since it's unlikely the finances run to the former, I think we're stuck with the latter. If you just give some people a number sometimes there's going to be a lot of screaming from those who don't get it.
    I'm not suggesting *anybody* is given the number. I'm suggesting that support are given the option of making a phone call.

Today, we finally broke an impasse where support were waiting on a reply to a question they asked me at 10am on Sunday that I couldn't answer because I first needed their answer to the question I asked them 20 minutes before that. We're currently 2 hours into a 'conversation' via email with a long pause (almost an hour since my last email was sent) between each reply.

I know they're really busy trying to fix their 'lash-up' but surely that makes it in their interest to deal with my part of the problem as quickly and efficiently as possible which, in this case, is not by email.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Even just a live chat facility with support could help.

would only require one person at support to man it - folks just get put in a queue to await their turn.
    At least when your turn arrives, hopefully you could have any answers there and then.

To me that would be better than hanging in a queue on the telephone listening to lots of messages and music. I hate answering machines!
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 31st October 2011 at 02:34 PM.

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Imagine if it was one of those horrible automated calls where you have to press numbers... Then after pressing dozens of numbers your left with ' I'm sorry , we cannot answer your question at this time' ggrrrrrrrrr

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Even just a live chat facility with support could help.

would only require one person at support to man it - folks just get put in a queue to await their turn.
    At least when your turn arrives, hopefully you could have any answers there and then.

To me that would be better than hanging in a queue on the telephone listening to lots of messages and music. I hate answering machines!
    Live chat is a great idea. Had a few issues with Time Warner some months ago, got nowhere on the phone (due to incessant holds), so I tried the live chat and got the info. I needed within 10 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsandman View Post
    Imagine if it was one of those horrible automated calls where you have to press numbers... Then after pressing dozens of numbers your left with ' I'm sorry , we cannot answer your question at this time' ggrrrrrrrrr
    Hello... and Welcome to the Mental Health Hotline......
    • If you are Obsessive- Compulsive, press 1 repeatedly.
    • If you are co- dependent, please ask someone to press 2 for you.
    • If you have multiple personalities, press 3, 4, 5 and 6.
    • If you are paranoid, we know who you are and what you want. Stay on the line so we can trace your call.
    • If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will be transferred to the mother ship.
    • If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a small voice will tell you which number to press.
    • If you are a Manic- Depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press, no one will answer.
    • If you are dyslexic, press 96969696969696.
    • If you have a nervous disorder, please fidget with the hash key until a representative comes on the line.
    • If you have amnesia, press 8 and state your name address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, and your mother's maiden name.
    • If you have post- traumatic stress disorder, s-l-o-w-l-y and c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y press 000.
    • If you have Bi-Polar Disorder, please leave a message after the beep, or before the beep, or after the beep. Please wait for the beep.
    • If you have short- term memory loss, press 9. If you have short-term memory loss press 9. If you have short- term memory loss, press 9. If you have short- term memory loss, press 9.
    • If you have low self-esteem, please hang up. All operators are too busy to talk to you.
    • If you are blonde don't press any buttons, you'll just screw it up.

View mrsandman's Feedback (+518)
    All-About mrsandman
    View mrsandman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Ha hahahahahah

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    Hello... and Welcome to the Mental Health Hotline......
    • If you are Obsessive- Compulsive, press 1 repeatedly.
    • If you are co- dependent, please ask someone to press 2 for you.
    • If you have multiple personalities, press 3, 4, 5 and 6.
    • If you are paranoid, we know who you are and what you want. Stay on the line so we can trace your call.
    • If you are delusional, press 7 and your call will be transferred to the mother ship.
    • If you are schizophrenic, listen carefully and a small voice will tell you which number to press.
    • If you are a Manic- Depressive, it doesn't matter which number you press, no one will answer.
    • If you are dyslexic, press 96969696969696.
    • If you have a nervous disorder, please fidget with the hash key until a representative comes on the line.
    • If you have amnesia, press 8 and state your name address, telephone number, date of birth, social security number, and your mother's maiden name.
    • If you have post- traumatic stress disorder, s-l-o-w-l-y and c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y press 000.
    • If you have Bi-Polar Disorder, please leave a message after the beep, or before the beep, or after the beep. Please wait for the beep.
    • If you have short- term memory loss, press 9. If you have short-term memory loss press 9. If you have short- term memory loss, press 9. If you have short- term memory loss, press 9.
    • If you have low self-esteem, please hang up. All operators are too busy to talk to you.
    • If you are blonde don't press any buttons, you'll just screw it up.
    LMAO!

Thread Information