Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some help from the community please

Question Some help from the community please

Hi everyone, I posted a thread on the 11th ( http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...t=#post1382096 ) regarding the affiliate scheme and eBid banner for the Irish site, I've had 44 views but no comments so far. Some help would be much appreciated, please read on.

My reason for wanting an Irish banner to promote eBid here is because Feebay is the most well known auction site in Ireland and Irish people tend to stick with the status quo unless given a well known viable alternative. When I was looking for another site to sell on I had to spend quite a lot of time browsing. eBid was mentioned in a variety of obscure places and it's fair to say that it was an unknown entity to me up until about 2 months ago. I know plenty of buyers who regularly buy on feebay who have probably never heard of eBid and might be up for a change.

It's worth noting that word of mouth plays a massive part in the Irish way of life and all businesses here rely on this as a way of finding new customers. I would like to play a part in growing the site here if I can at all. I have my own website with unlimited space for advertising and I am choosing to promote eBid. Thanks!

Go n-éir?* an bóthar leat!

Visit my woodcraft shop today, click here.

There's no better gift than something handmade!

Join eBid.net today here

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Some help from the community please

I might have got the wrong end of the stick but this is how I see it.

If you use a "WW" type link

Name:  button.JPG
Views: 84
Size:  17.8 KB

This will take the viewer to the www.ebid.net page which allows the viewer to select a country from the Drop Down List of all the current eBid country Sites.

Name:  choose location.JPG
Views: 85
Size:  22.5 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Thank you so much for the advice MPS16. I wanted to put in one of the horizontal banners for the top of my webpages but none link direct to the Irish site.
    I tested your advice on the WW ones and they do indeed lead to a dropdown destination page. Maybe one of the site administrators will do a horizontal banner for the Irish site in the future but for now the WW ones will do. Thanks again!

Join eBid.net today here

When you say you want an Irish banner, do you mean:

1. you want an image which shows the Irish flag or some text which includes the word Ireland on it
    or
    2. a banner which leads to the Irish home page when clicked?

If 1, then I'm not sure such a thing exists as a banner. eBid banners seem to be designed so that they can be used in any country and are all the same.

If 2, just take a banner which is appropriate for your site and change the URL to point to the Irish site.

Or is there something I've missed?

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post

If 1, then I'm not sure such a thing exists as a banner. eBid banners seem to be designed so that they can be used in any country and are all the same.

If 2, just take a banner which is appropriate for your site and change the URL to point to the Irish site.

The banners in question are those found in the Commision Junction Affiliate scheme and are either country specific, or world specfic.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  35.0 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

When you say you want an Irish banner, do you mean:

1. you want an image which shows the Irish flag or some text which includes the word Ireland on it
    or
    2. a banner which leads to the Irish home page when clicked?

Hi Damian,

Sorry, I finished shiftwork today so I'm not explaining myself properly. I was looking for an eBid Javascript banner linking direct to the Irish site. The UK horizontal banner 720x90 would be a good fit but it points to the UK site. I'm using the Commission Junction linked banners and I don't know enough about script editing to change the UK banner link to the Irish site. I can link an ordinary banner image to the Irish site no problem but I wanted a Javascript one so as to add a dynamic look to my pages. I might just try editing one of the UK banners to test it out. Thanks for the reply.
    David
    Last edited by lodegrundrunner; 17th October 2011 at 09:10 PM.

Join eBid.net today here

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    The banners in question are those found in the Commision Junction Affiliate scheme and are either country specific, or world specific.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  35.0 KB
    From what I can see in your image, it is NOT the banners that change, it is the link text that goes with it.

Surely it is just a case of changing part of the URL to point to the Irish site and not the UK site; the rest of the details giving credit to the affiliate member would remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by lodegrundrunner View Post
    Hi Damian,

Sorry, I finished shiftwork today so I'm not explaining myself properly. I was looking for an eBid Javascript banner linking direct to the Irish site. The UK horizontal banner 720x90 would be a good fit but it points to the UK site. I'm using the Communication Junction linked banners and I don't know enough about script editing to change the UK banner link to the Irish site.
    If you can give me the URL of the page containing the banners I'll have a look and see if I can tell which bits would need changing. If I can't, then I'll be in a better position to post here about it.

If you can give me the URL of the page containing the banners I'll have a look and see if I can tell which bits would need changing. If I can't, then I'll be in a better position to post here about it.
    this is the code: <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript" src="http://www.dpbolvw.net/placeholder-5558626?target=_blank&mouseover=N"></script>

It doesn't show a URL link to eBid like html source code. I put http://www.dpbolvw.net/placeholder-5558626 into a browser and it came up with a load of code but I'm not savvy enough to recognise what should be changed.

Join eBid.net today here

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Glad you got some good answers, not being tech savvy I haven't a clue, sorry.

Welcome to eBid though, we're glad you're here.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information