eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Too Many Buddy Points!

Default Re: Too Many Buddy Points!

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    theres very little point altering a about me page if there suspended there of no use to him unless he is reinstated it will be indeed very interesting to see if he does get reinstated if he keeps the points and if he tells anyone here why he was suspended
    We may never know, im sure Ebid wont say anything because of legal issues.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    We may never know, im sure Ebid wont say anything because of legal issues.
    i agree it would not be in ebids favour to divulge why they would suspend any user not just this guy,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, I agree that it would be interesting, as inquiring minds want to know.

Note: I'm only gesting or joking about this, as it is really his business, and his alone. eBid is the only one who can answer this question. That is why attempts to guess will not work. Wrong guesses could smear his character needlessly.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Yes, I agree that it would be interesting, as inquiring minds want to know.

Note: I'm only gesting or joking about this, as it is really his business, and his alone. eBid is the only one who can answer this question. That is why attempts to guess will not work. Wrong guesses could smear his character needlessly.

this is why as ive said along in this thread reward systems should be transparent ON ebid were it effects all members any one who has any questions about the system should have the system explained to them if there unsure how it works, if it appears its been abused, ect ect it should and be seen to be transparent which is good for ebid and its members, any malious abuse by any member in my opinion should be removed if this thread has brought any abuse to light and ebid cast a watchful eye over the system that can only be good for the vast marjority of honest members here.

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+89)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorry if i don't reply to individual posts , Just poping in to say big thanks to everyone that has supported me, you to Mark and G, I have had a bad week , health stuff. I will not bore you lol.

I'm going to give the affiliate program a good shot, Far less public. So I will not be bidding on any more buddy auctions.

Would also like to point out, I don't know haldaas but i can say this has happened before to him so don't jump just yet, if it was buddy point related they would have been removed from his about me page.

He earns his points by posting links on busy forums etc i earn my points by getting good keywords in Google. SEO Opps let it slip....

It not hard to find out.

Anyway, take care all
    Jimbo, over and out and all that.
    Last edited by jimbo750; 20th October 2011 at 01:58 AM.
    More wine please ...

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh dear, I just asked because I was surprised to seem him gone and wondered if anybody knew. I suppose I should have realised if I used this thread somebody would use it as an excuse for another go. Sorry Haldaas, hope you get your card information or email mess up or whatever has caused your strike-through sorted soon. Jimbo, nice to see you even if it's only a flying visit.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Oh dear, I just asked because I was surprised to seem him gone and wondered if anybody knew. I suppose I should have realised if I used this thread somebody would use it as an excuse for another go. Sorry Haldaas, hope you get your card information or email mess up or whatever has caused your strike-through sorted soon. Jimbo, nice to see you even if it's only a flying visit.

your gonna have to explain yourself about having a go, i cant see anyone having a go

I do think the Buddy point system is a good idea and has worked, could it be improved, i think it can.

My suggestion is drop one of the big monthly prizes and have 4 weekly ones with lower value items, i think this would get a lot more interested and give something for members with lower point totals.
    I feel this could be done with no extra cost to Ebid.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    well if he is suspended for [ shill recuirting ] nancy deserves an opolgy for bringing this to light he was a bit too agressive defending his position in my book, and who ever said the buddy points system was a little bit to open was completely wrong.

i hope hes not suspended for shill recuiting but you dont normally lose your buddy points for a temporary ban

As haldaas81 has not had their points removed it seems highly unlikely they have been suspended for 'shill recruiting'. After many years of campaigning users with a (temporary or permanent) strike are excluded from the home page so they have to have been removed from the buddy points leader-board.

I still say showing the number of points the top promoters have earned is too open. The leader-board used to spur on the competitive spirit of members and getting your username on the board was almost as great an incentive to promote eBid as the buddy points were. Unfortunately, it now seems to bring out petty jealousy and small-mindedness and is used as a stick to beat those more successful with.

Admin are not only aware of who are earning large amounts of points, they also know the ISPs of the sign-ups and can track the activity of new members. I'm sure that gives them a much better idea of if anything dodgy is going on than merely seeing who has amassed the most points. If a member is concerned about activity on another user's account they should send a message to admin, not broadcast it on a public forum.

Threads like this that publicly accuse members of wrongdoing without any proof harm eBid. One of the main tenets of justice in the majority of civilised countries is the premise of innocent until proved guilty. If haldaas81 has done nothing wrong and has asked for their account to be closed because of comments on this thread then that has harmed eBid further.
    Last edited by cmjewels925; 20th October 2011 at 10:47 AM.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

"Threads like this that publicly accuse members of wrongdoing without any proof harm eBid. One of the main tenets of justice in the majority of civilised countries is the premise of innocent until proved guilty. If haldaas81 has done nothing wrong and has asked for their account to be closed because of comments on this thread then that has harmed eBid further. "

i cant see any one on this thread accussing any one of anything perhaps you could point out were this has been said. the thread started by discussing buddy points you yourself was the first person to mention names

"Admin are not only aware of who are earning large amounts of points, they also know the ISPs of the sign-ups and can track the activity of new members. I'm sure that gives them a much better idea of if anything dodgy is going on than merely seeing who has amassed the most points. If a member is concerned about activity on another user's account they should send a message to admin, not broadcast it on a public forum.

takes time and effort to check hundreds of new isps i sure a scammer would know this and gamble they wont be investigaited unless theres a program in place to do this.bringing a topic to the forfront is by far the best way to get attraction to any concerns on ebid

again no one mentioned names on this thread till you did if some one has a concern that a system used on ebid is open to abuse by any or all they have every right to mention this on the forums implying buddy points should not be seen and whos earning them would just bring in another set of conspiracy theorys again ive seen no surgestions any one is jealous concern the buddy points can be dominated by one or two members yes concern it could be open to abuse yes, most folk have congratulated jimbo in particular for his efforts i see nothing at all wrong with this thread discussing a reward system that is open to all driving it under cover as you imply would be damaging and as i say just lead to another set of questions

Thread Information