Thread: Too Many Buddy Points!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Too Many Buddy Points!

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    We loves you, jimbo.......you should be proud of what you do for the site and everyone in it. It's an inspiration to see people getting large numbers of points, so please keep them there. You earned them. It's a bit like a camera club I'm in. One member is a superb photographer and was winning many of the competitions, and rightly so. It was wonderful to see his work and learn from it. Then someone told him he should quit entering and give other members a chance. So he did. Well, it irritated me no end. Everyone had the same opportunity to put in a good photo. By his not entering, we all lost the chance to learn and refine our technique. Luckily for all, he's back at it this year. I say - you got it, flaunt it!! GONGS to jimbo and everyone else who brings buyers/sellers/lookers to eBid.
    Well said. I think it's sad that people have such low expectations that they consider excellence "unfair" rather than inspiring. Jimbo is a champion and that's something to aspire to, not snipe at. You go, Mister Jimbo!

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Well said. I think it's sad that people have such low expectations that they consider excellence "unfair" rather than inspiring. Jimbo is a champion and that's something to aspire to, not snipe at. You go, Mister Jimbo!
    Yup - wish I had the knowledge (and the patience) to do it!

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Yup - wish I had the knowledge (and the patience) to do it!
    Fully agree, and Jimbo has been pulling them in for a long while, must cost a fortune at Christmas all them cards.

Crikey just been catching up with all this !

Quote Originally Posted by bbplayer07 View Post
    the amp ; if you delete it your links will work again.
    I'm afraid it doesn't bbplayer. I've tried that and the site just changes it back again. Even when support sorted it out for me within a week it was all back again.

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    No sid I don't think this is what has happened. I have virtually the same story as cornishmaid. I was doing fine on 20 or 30 points per month then suddenly, nothing! This was just by linking from auctions and actively selling the idea of joining up.
    You were one of the other sellers I was thinking of Kedo. You always used to be up there somewhere on the list which is what made me wonder about the fall in buyers using links on our listings and that something must have gone wrong. It seemed to happen all of a sudden.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo750 View Post
    Thanks, head is killing me can't sleep.

I have asked eBid to remove this mouths points to get my name off the list.
    Awwww Jimbo I do hope you are feeling better now. Don't you dare get your points removed you earnt them fair and square. You have done so much for this site and helping others you are my hero !

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    I've asked in the suggestions forum for a user friendly Buddy Point url.

Maybe that will help.
    Thank you so much for that Gothicina. PMSL - Gazza might think it's a wonderful idea to shut me up if nothing else !

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    You were one of the other sellers I was thinking of Kedo. You always used to be up there somewhere on the list which is what made me wonder about the fall in buyers using links on our listings and that something must have gone wrong. It seemed to happen all of a sudden.
    Virtually given up earning them for myself now cornish!

Sorry to start this thread up again but I really would like some feedback. I had hoped to use the buddy points reward scheme in my own efforts at promotion. I've always thought of it as a fairly attractive plus to buying and selling on eBid. I had hoped to produce a page showing what I'd won, giving tips on earning more points and improving sales at the same time. This would be great if the scheme was wide open for anyone to win in the way it used to be a few months ago. Unfortunately it's of very limited use if it's totally dominated by a few people doing 'affiliate style' marketing (Jimbo, please don't be offended, I know you've been very reticent about bidding/sensitive about outbidding others. Also thanks for the boost in recent months). I had thought that the situation would resolve itself with the advent of the new affiliate scheme. As cmj was saying further back in the thread 'why would people bother with the odd electronic gadget that they may or may not want when they could earn many times over the value in cash' (or words to that effect). I would really like to know if this is correct? Are people swapping their efforts over?

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Anybody know what's happened to haldaas? I noticed he'd vanished from the buddy leader-board and a quick check shows him struck through!? Whaaa..?

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Anybody know what's happened to haldaas? I noticed he'd vanished from the buddy leader-board and a quick check shows him struck through!? Whaaa..?
    Well I never, that is a turn up for the books. Wonder what's happened?

I think I'll just carry on regardless!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe he is under investigation for "too many buddy points"

Maybe his card needs updating

Maybe he was shill recruiting

Maybe it was part of the "site glitch"

Whatever it was, I hope his technique was legitimate and learnable. Who knows, he may just come back in here to let us all know what happened. Enquiring minds want to know.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Maybe he is under investigation for "too many buddy points"

Maybe his card needs updating

Maybe he was shill recruiting

Maybe it was part of the "site glitch"

Whatever it was, I hope his technique was legitimate and learnable. Who knows, he may just come back in here to let us all know what happened. Enquiring minds want to know.
    Sorry if this is a dim question, but what on earth is "shill recruiting"?!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

An ironic fabricated term that resembles "shill bidding"

Thread Information