Thread: Too Many Buddy Points!

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Too Many Buddy Points!

Quote Originally Posted by haldaas81 View Post
    KAYS6912 - If one of the many buyers I recruited buys something from your store would you really be trying to bad talk me? "There are loads of members on here busting a gut to earn buddy points?" Well, I am busting a gut recruiting people to this website, many of my buyers have bought something from someone on here. Jimbo works very hard recruiting people here too. There is no need to get mad/jealous, you should be happy we are offering you more potential buyers. The owners obviously offer the buddy point system for a reason .

jimbo750 - Has the new affiliate program been successful for you?
    Have you definitely recruited buyers or has it been sellers? I would find it quite suprising if you had brought many buyers to the site. Have you been able to track them. Just wondered because my method of earning points (i.e. with each sale) has decreased virtually to nothing. Fewer sales equals less buddy points. It's as slow as I've known it in five years (nothing to do with eBid, it seems hard going on feebay too).

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

KAYS6912 - If one of the many buyers I recruited buys something from your store would you really be trying to bad talk me? "There are loads of members on here busting a gut to earn buddy points?" Well, I am busting a gut recruiting people to this website, many of my buyers have bought something from someone on here. Jimbo works very hard recruiting people here too. There is no need to get mad/jealous, you should be happy we are offering you more potential buyers. The owners obviously offer the buddy point system for a reason .

cmjewels925 - Thank you.
    Hold you horses, sunshine! I'm neither mad NOR jealous (life is much too short) NOR did I "back talk" you. I don't remember stating any NAMES in my post. I think if you check, you will find that I didn't. I stated an opinion and last time I checked, that's still allowed. I just think the system is open to abuse. End of.
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

cmjewels925 - Thank you.
    i think your being a little hard on kay6912 she raises some good points you and a few others do seem to proffit from the buddies point system but what would i think dispell what appears as proffiting for hardley any sales or buys would be to see what these buyers and sellers you enrol actualy do when they enrole are they buying? are they selling /listing if it can be seen the other side of the coin is also working i cant see any one having a problem with anyone enroling as many folk as they can its just a bit unseen which will and does cause these questions to be asked !
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    My buddy point links don't seem to work any more on eBid although they used to at one time. I get points for positive feedback and buying etc but not for people joining via my links on eBid. The eBid system seems to change the HTML in my links so they don't work any more when people join. The only time I get points for people joining is from my buddy links that are advertised outside of eBid. An extra amp ; seems to be added to my HTML on the eBid system which seems to make my links on my listings invalid.

i remember you talking about this some time ago, this summer i got a friend to join via the link in one of my buy nows i got the buddy point, ive also noticed new buyers to me have signed up and bought 3 mins later, and ive not got the buddy point, what i think a lot of folk do is just go back to the main page to sign up instead of your/ my link we must remember these are new folk to a new to them site and people dont normally click on links that are unfamiliar to them of course now and again folk join via my link but on the whole they use the main page to join, thats my reading of it.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KAYS6912 View Post
    Someone else made mention of names, NOT me. I don't mind taking the blame for something I've actually done/said/written but I'm NOT having anything pinned on me!
    I disagreed with your post, thanked ALL members who have put in the effort to promote the site elsewhere and singled out the 2 most successful to thank by name.

If you want to take anything from that post and pin it on yourself, feel free but please, do so in the full knowledge that it is you, yourself, doing the pinning.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

the amp ; if you delete it your links will work again.

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    My buddy point links don't seem to work any more on eBid although they used to at one time. I get points for positive feedback and buying etc but not for people joining via my links on eBid. The eBid system seems to change the HTML in my links so they don't work any more when people join. The only time I get points for people joining is from my buddy links that are advertised outside of eBid. An extra amp ; seems to be added to my HTML on the eBid system which seems to make my links on my listings invalid.

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i remember you talking about this some time ago, this summer i got a friend to join via the link in one of my buy nows i got the buddy point, ive also noticed new buyers to me have signed up and bought 3 mins later, and ive not got the buddy point, what i think a lot of folk do is just go back to the main page to sign up instead of your/ my link we must remember these are new folk to a new to them site and people dont normally click on links that are unfamiliar to them of course now and again folk join via my link but on the whole they use the main page to join, thats my reading of it.
    No sid I don't think this is what has happened. I have virtually the same story as cornishmaid. I was doing fine on 20 or 30 points per month then suddenly, nothing! This was just by linking from auctions and actively selling the idea of joining up.

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sidthelamp View Post
    i think your being a little hard on kay6912 she raises some good points you and a few others do seem to proffit from the buddies point system but what would i think dispell what appears as proffiting for hardley any sales or buys would be to see what these buyers and sellers you enrol actualy do when they enrole are they buying? are they selling /listing if it can be seen the other side of the coin is also working i cant see any one having a problem with anyone enroling as many folk as they can its just a bit unseen which will and does cause these questions to be asked !
    I would argue the opposite - the problem is that it's a bit visible.

Probably the most effective way of promoting and growing a website is to get the affiliate marketers on board and let them do their stuff. Usually this is invisible to the normal members of a site because payments are made through a third party and don't show up on the site at all. Unfortunately, for many years, eBid's affiliate program was so dire that the buddy points offered a better reward and even then, they're really of no interest to affiliate marketers that don't have a more general interest in the site. Anyone who can amass enough buddy points each month to win 2 or 3 electrical gadgets can just as easily put the effort into promoting a site with a decent affiliate program and earn enough cash to buy the same goods several times over.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kedo View Post
    No sid I don't think this is what has happened. I have virtually the same story as cornishmaid. I was doing fine on 20 or 30 points per month then suddenly, nothing! This was just by linking from auctions and actively selling the idea of joining up.
    well ive never hit 20 0r 30 signing up via my links at any time wether they bought or not i did once get 5 points when one person upgraded to seller + there must be a % of new users who have signed up to buy off you who wont use your link, have you compaired code with cornishmaid ? did both of you see a drop in points at the same time? are you seeing "amp" too ? i have thought along these same lines as yourself last year for instance, then a new buyer comes along and i do get the buddy point !

All-About sidthelamp
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    I would argue the opposite - the problem is that it's a bit visible.

Probably the most effective way of promoting and growing a website is to get the affiliate marketers on board and let them do their stuff. Usually this is invisible to the normal members of a site because payments are made through a third party and don't show up on the site at all. Unfortunately, for many years, eBid's affiliate program was so dire that the buddy points offered a better reward and even then, they're really of no interest to affiliate marketers that don't have a more general interest in the site. Anyone who can amass enough buddy points each month to win 2 or 3 electrical gadgets can just as easily put the effort into promoting a site with a decent affiliate program and earn enough cash to buy the same goods several times over.

no i think your missing the point whats visible is some members getting a lot of buddy points and benefiting from this , whats not visible is this beneffiting the site are the new buyers buying ? are the new sellers listing/buying ? surley thats the whole point to beneffit the site and its members, ive not said it is or it isent im saying you can understand people looking at the buddy points some folk earn and seeing little return to the site

Thread Information