Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Too Many Buddy Points!

View cmjewels925's Feedback (+7924)
    All-About cmjewels925
    View cmjewels925's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Too Many Buddy Points!

Quote Originally Posted by KAYS6912 View Post
    This might sound a bit "off" but I really don't think it's fair that people can join eBid, amass a huge amount of points purely to bid on the "high-end" stuff offered via the Buddy points auctions but then don't buy or sell on the site. If this offends, tough. There are loads of members here busting a gut trying to make this site a success through BUYING AND SELLING, not just "spreading the word".

Trish - there's something very wrong there.
    Sorry, l think that's really out of order.

I'm very grateful to jumbo750, haldaas81 and everyone else who sets up websites to promote eBid and bring in new members.

The previous affiliate program was a joke so the only real option was to promote through the buddy link. Hopefully, the new affiliate program will be better and those with the skills to attract new members can earn real money for their efforts instead of hoping eBid list something in the buddy auctions they want.

CMEJewellery For all your jewellery needs.

Beads 'n' Bobs For beads.

Charms 'n' Findings For charms and jewellery making supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    I believe you that there's a problem with your link and hope something can be sorted out with it. Maybe Jimbo could have a look at your source code to see if there's anything forcing the extra 'amp'. He's such a lovely, helpful fellow (flutters eyelashes hopefully).

I just wanted to point out to everyone else that just because someone joins up specifically to buy one of their items, it doesn't necessarily mean they clicked on the buddy link to do it.

It would be nice if new sign-ups were automatically tracked and awarded to the listing that brought the new buyer to the site.
    Now that is a brilliant idea, no wonder you are Captain and I'm a lowly Sergeant Major !
    That would also be compensation for missing out on buddy points when newbie buyers don't bother to leave a feedback.

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+89)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KAYS6912 View Post
    This might sound a bit "off" but I really don't think it's fair that people can join eBid, amass a huge amount of points purely to bid on the "high-end" stuff offered via the Buddy points auctions but then don't buy or sell on the site. If this offends, tough. There are loads of members here busting a gut trying to make this site a success through BUYING AND SELLING, not just "spreading the word".

Trish - there's something very wrong there.
    I do buy and sell on ebid, in fact, i just sold two items today and bought something just yesterday.

I'm not going to give up advertising ebid, that would not be fair to sellers, I also have lot's of points as i don't bid on all the ebid stuff.

eBid spend thousands on Google ad-words, now they don't buy or sell on the site let's have a go at them.
    Last edited by jimbo750; 17th October 2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: glasses steaming up
    More wine please ...

All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cmjewels925 View Post
    Sorry, l think that's really out of order.

I'm very grateful to jimbo750, haldaas81 and everyone else who sets up websites to promote eBid and bring in new members.

The previous affiliate program was a joke so the only real option was to promote through the buddy link. Hopefully, the new affiliate program will be better and those with the skills to attract new members can earn real money for their efforts instead of hoping eBid list something in the buddy auctions they want.
    Thanks,

I agree, i'm hoping the new affiliate program will be better, and i have now removed 90% of my buddy links,
    Last edited by jimbo750; 17th October 2011 at 02:48 PM. Reason: glasses steaming up
    More wine please ...

Forum Lurker
    View MosPostcards's Feedback (+16495)
    All-About MosPostcards
    View MosPostcards's Listings
    Forum Posts

Jimbo,
    I'm on your side. Please keep up the good work. I don't care if people only promote Ebid. In my eyes it is a positive step for all on Ebid. The fact that you also buy and sell is also great. For quite sometime I used to be either first or second on the buddy points leaderboard. Those were the days when I was also promoting on Fleecebay. Just seeing others success just makes me want to try harder. In my book this is a postive attitude to take.
    All the best
    Maureen

All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MosPostcards View Post
    Jimbo,
    I'm on your side. Please keep up the good work. I don't care if people only promote Ebid. In my eyes it is a positive step for all on Ebid. The fact that you also buy and sell is also great. For quite sometime I used to be either first or second on the buddy points leaderboard. Those were the days when I was also promoting on Fleecebay. Just seeing others success just makes me want to try harder. In my book this is a postive attitude to take.
    All the best
    Maureen
    Thank you Maureen,

I myself, wanted to be on the leader board for years, i would see members winning games consoles , laptops etc so i said to myself i must try harder . took 5 years but it payed off but way more than i expected.

we are all capable.
    More wine please ...

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think you have to understand that the most basic way of earning buddy points is by listing and selling quality items. I've done well over the time I've been here via this method (I've earned more than 500). I've always seen it as a bit of a thank you for having 'faith' in eBid. We've now seen this method, actually selling, and earning buddy points 'by the way' become insignificant. It's a pity because it was quite a good motivator. I can see both sides of the problem. Hopefully, as CMJ says, the imbalance will be corrected by the new affiliate scheme.

Incidentally, how I've earned my 520 (and increased sales at the same time) will be one of the first subjects of my blog (possibly that will be posted later today). Maybe that will help with the balance too.

Anyone want to give some advice on using affiliate schemes, I'm having to learn the hard way, trial and error, at the moment.

Im one of those busting a gut , but i dont resent it that others spend a lot of time promoting the site and amass a load of points, dont knock them join them.
    Have sent both my friends the link .

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo750 View Post
    I do buy and sell on ebid, in fact, i just sold two items today and bought something just yesterday.

I'm not going to give up advertising ebid, that would not be fair to sellers, I also have lot's of points as i don't bid on all the ebid stuff.

eBid spend thousands on Google ad-words, now they don't buy or sell on the site let's have a go at them.
    Jimbo - I never mentioned any names when I made my post. I KNOW that you buy and sell on eBid and that you also have a SELLER+ account. Someone else made mention of names, NOT me. I don't mind taking the blame for something I've actually done/said/written but I'm NOT having anything pinned on me!
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

Forum Newbie
    View haldaas81's Feedback (+5)
    All-About haldaas81
    View haldaas81's Listings
    Forum Posts

KAYS6912 - If one of the many buyers I recruited buys something from your store would you really be trying to bad talk me? "There are loads of members on here busting a gut to earn buddy points?" Well, I am busting a gut recruiting people to this website, many of my buyers have bought something from someone on here. Jimbo works very hard recruiting people here too. There is no need to get mad/jealous, you should be happy we are offering you more potential buyers. The owners obviously offer the buddy point system for a reason .

jimbo750 - Has the new affiliate program been successful for you?

cmjewels925 - Thank you.

Thread Information