Thread: Too Many Buddy Points!

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Too Many Buddy Points!

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    I do think the Buddy point system is a good idea and has worked, could it be improved, i think it can.

My suggestion is drop one of the big monthly prizes and have 4 weekly ones with lower value items, i think this would get a lot more interested and give something for members with lower point totals.
    I feel this could be done with no extra cost to Ebid.
    Since the auctions are *auctions* and the price is set by bids, how do you predetermine the value? If people have lots of buddy points to spare, and really want something they can simply bid up the price until nobody else is competing - as auctions are designed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Since the auctions are *auctions* and the price is set by bids, how do you predetermine the value? If people have lots of buddy points to spare, and really want something they can simply bid up the price until nobody else is competing - as auctions are designed to work.
    Well no one is going to bid the same ammount for a bag of sugar that they would for a kindle, all im saying is that the 4 high value items each month go for an ammount that is beyond most on Ebid, lets give everyone a chance of something other than an Ebid hat.
    I think also people wont waste their Buddy points on items they dont want.
    Im sure most members would rather see a few more items each month that they have some chance of winning.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well no one is going to bid the same ammount for a bag of sugar that they would for a kindle, all im saying is that the 4 high value items each month go for an ammount that is beyond most on Ebid, lets give everyone a chance of something other than an Ebid hat.
    Im sure most members would rather see a few more items each month that they have some chance of winning.
    I'm just not sure how you pitch something so that people with lots of points don't just out bid others. It's not real money and if there's fewer bit ticket items they might as well fritter them on smaller stuff. I'd rather see more people trying to get the big points. There's always labels and caps and wotnot for the rest of us.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

....on the other hand, we all have the same opportunity to gain Buddy points..............we just don't or don't know how to do it!!!!..........why shouldn't eBid dangle a nice carrot like that?? Great incentive to actually make the place grow by getting people here. That's the idea of the buddy point system.......I think.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    ....on the other hand, we all have the same opportunity to gain Buddy points..............we just don't or don't know how to do it!!!!..........why shouldn't eBid dangle a nice carrot like that?? Great incentive to actually make the place grow by getting people here. That's the idea of the buddy point system.......I think.
    Dont think i was saying to drop the system, i fully agree with Buddy points but would like to see some minor changes to suit everyone.
    All i suggest is to drop one of the weekly prizes for something differant even for a trial run , anyway there is a strond resistance to change so will say no more on the subject.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dont think i was saying to drop the system, i fully agree with Buddy points but would like to see some minor changes to suit everyone.
    All i suggest is to drop one of the weekly prizes for something differant even for a trial run , anyway there is a strond resistance to change so will say no more on the subject.
    LOL - well if you can get something to suit everyone, then you get my crown!!!! I see your point, and would dearly love to get my hands on a couple of the goodies.............who knows...maybe da boyz will run a Christmas holiday special .
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I'm just not sure how you pitch something so that people with lots of points don't just out bid others. It's not real money and if there's fewer bit ticket items they might as well fritter them on smaller stuff. I'd rather see more people trying to get the big points. There's always labels and caps and wotnot for the rest of us.
    I would like to see more people trying to get the big points also. It is not out of reach, as Jimbo and Haldaas have demonstrated using different strategies. There are also probably other strategies that could be applied. Stepping out of "the box" can be scarey for folk; somehow easier to go after those who excell.

Agree An opportunity to learn and grow as individual eBidders and help eBid to grow as well.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

i think your right, along with Baghag the buddy points system can evolve to incompass all members it has to track what members can afford from there buddy coffers as well as a incentive to buy and sell from the main site.
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Saint
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Is "a strong resistance to change" the same as "a couple of people don't seem to agree with me"? If it's not, and it really means what it says I must tell me friends I'm strongly resistant to change... I think some of them may actually develop bladder control problems at that thought!!

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunsock View Post
    I have received Buddy Points for feedback as a buyer for a Buy Now item on a multi item listing. I have previously bought from the same auction. Instead of being credited with Buddy Points based on my latest purchase I have been given Buddy Points equating to my current purchase plus all my previous purchases. Very nice but I guess it’s a bug that needs fixing.
    Wow, I started this thread to report a glitch in the crediting of Buddy points -see quote above. Instead it seems to have become a general discussion on Buddy Points! I suggest this discussion should be continued in the Buddy Point forum.

Thread Information