Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Increasing Days For YDC Auctions

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I've been quite happy with the four day deal - I always felt the week long runs dragged, that each month's run came round too quickly after the last, and there was little action in the middle of each run, but if others find the short run not working for them then fair enough. I do think that there's a lot of other reasons for "attendance" dropping off, not just length of run. It's a tough old world out there now and a lot of us are struggling by on less money and have fewer hours spare for stuff like YDC since scraping a living got harder.
    Agree! Trouble is, it's so much fun that I get caught up in it all and spend far more than I intended. My fault I know. I will write out 100 times: I must try and curb my enthusiasm and stick to a sum I can afford on my fixed income. LOL

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've been quite happy with the four day deal - I always felt the week long runs dragged, that each month's run came round too quickly after the last, and there was little action in the middle of each run, but if others find the short run not working for them then fair enough. I do think that there's a lot of other reasons for "attendance" dropping off, not just length of run. It's a tough old world out there now and a lot of us are struggling by on less money and have fewer hours spare for stuff like YDC since scraping a living got harder.
    I agree with Kim here. I am happy with the 4 days.
    Re low prices for hand made stuff (Wycowgirl1) - I have no expectations - I make what I can or find "bargains" and whatever they bring is money the Charities wouldn't have had without YDC. I don't think that whatever I make "should have brought more".

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    I agree with Kim here. I am happy with the 4 days.
    Re low prices for hand made stuff (Wycowgirl1) - I have no expectations - I make what I can or find "bargains" and whatever they bring is money the Charities wouldn't have had without YDC. I don't think that whatever I make "should have brought more".

Your too right there Cheaver!

I'm wondering if it's not so much that YDC runs for a shorter time,
    but that you only have one day to list instead of a whole weekend.

I invariably forget until the last minute & then find I've run out of time,
    & I'm not organised enough to list in advance.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    I'm wondering if it's not so much that YDC runs for a shorter time,
    but that you only have one day to list instead of a whole weekend.

I invariably forget until the last minute & then find I've run out of time,
    & I'm not organised enough to list in advance.
    But... you get a week's warning, and you can list in advance! Would it help if the announcement post/thread made more of that?

It's a tough old world out there now and a lot of us are struggling by on less money and have fewer hours spare for stuff like YDC since scraping a living got harder.
    When I was working at my "proper" job I always gave a monthly amount to charity from my salary and I saw the YDC as a way of doing the same here and to have some fun at the same time. I've not taken part for several months as a seller because I found I had been spending much more on buying items to sell, buying from others and P & P for the YDC (and paying listing fees on what I sold there) than was in my eBid pay packet every month. I am sure there are many others who do the same but I, reluctantly, had to conclude that this was not making any sense as I am actually a small business and trying to earn some money! I still place bids on other sellers' items but no longer get "carried away" and will bow out gracefully if unrealistic prices are attained because I simply cannot afford to do anything else - even if it is for charity...

I did enjoy taking part and think that the shorter time scale made the event more lively. I will bob up again and list in the YDC when I get a good month on eBid and will be keeping an eye on what the regulars list!

View sucadot's Feedback (+845)
    All-About sucadot
    View sucadot's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CarnoustieCats View Post
    I prefer the 4 days - would rather have shorter than longer if it was changing....
    I agree, and think a longer run would drag it out too much.
    [SIGPIC]
    view my listings here

Quote Originally Posted by sucadot View Post
    I agree, and think a longer run would drag it out too much.
    Yes, I agree with this. 4 days is quite ample I feel.
    Any longer and the interest and excitement could wane, and if anyone else is like me, there's a chance that you could miss the end of the auction due to other commitments that may have cropped up.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lejoueurdepipeau View Post
    When I was working at my "proper" job I always gave a monthly amount to charity from my salary and I saw the YDC as a way of doing the same here and to have some fun at the same time. I've not taken part for several months as a seller because I found I had been spending much more on buying items to sell, buying from others and P & P for the YDC (and paying listing fees on what I sold there) than was in my eBid pay packet every month. I am sure there are many others who do the same but I, reluctantly, had to conclude that this was not making any sense as I am actually a small business and trying to earn some money! I still place bids on other sellers' items but no longer get "carried away" and will bow out gracefully if unrealistic prices are attained because I simply cannot afford to do anything else - even if it is for charity...

I did enjoy taking part and think that the shorter time scale made the event more lively. I will bob up again and list in the YDC when I get a good month on eBid and will be keeping an eye on what the regulars list!
    I think you have captured the essence of why many eBidders, including regulars, choose not to participate in YDC. It is a legitimate position.

I must admit that I hava a tendency to gravitate towards non-profit, charitable ventures. Making successful sales and purchases is my chief objective on eBid or any other venue. However, personally I find involvement with YDC, forums, etc. enriches involvement here. Most content in my communiy when doing the same,ie, involvement with non-profit endeavors and social issues.

Is important to respect the choices made by others, either to participate or not. Again, the four day time frame is fine here.

But... you get a week's warning, and you can list in advance! Would it help if the announcement post/thread made more of that?
    I really don't know Kim, before when we had a weekend to list, I'd notice the plug thread, Friday or Saturday & get around to listing, usually pretty close to the midnight Sunday cutoff time. Now I notice it & think, damn I've missed it again.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

Thread Information