Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Increasing Days For YDC Auctions

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Increasing Days For YDC Auctions

My Thoughts:

I am not liking the monthly 4 day YDC Charity auctions. Since it's 4day inception, I've seen a decline in members participating especially from the USA. The last 4day event, of which 2 of those days, ran over a weekend and I know many USA members are not online because of family time. I'm sure the same goes for UK and other countries. I think the 4day event is putting off a lot of members including myself. I'd like to see the monthly events increased to 6 days starting from 24th - 30th each month. This would give many people a chance to discover these events and hopefully participate.

February would be an exception.

Your thoughts please

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Increasing Days For YDC Auctions

No problem with 4 days here, though I'm on the computer daily, weekend or no weekend.

Of course if the powers that be want to extend it to 6 days, that's OK by me, too.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Do not mind 4 day run. Also would not mind if it lasted longer.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've been quite happy with the four day deal - I always felt the week long runs dragged, that each month's run came round too quickly after the last, and there was little action in the middle of each run, but if others find the short run not working for them then fair enough. I do think that there's a lot of other reasons for "attendance" dropping off, not just length of run. It's a tough old world out there now and a lot of us are struggling by on less money and have fewer hours spare for stuff like YDC since scraping a living got harder.

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    I've been quite happy with the four day deal - I always felt the week long runs dragged, that each month's run came round too quickly after the last, and there was little action in the middle of each run, but if others find the short run not working for them then fair enough. I do think that there's a lot of other reasons for "attendance" dropping off, not just length of run. It's a tough old world out there now and a lot of us are struggling by on less money and have fewer hours spare for stuff like YDC since scraping a living got harder.
    Good point, being unemployed has really put a dent in my buying.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View WiccaBasketUK's Feedback (+451)
    All-About WiccaBasketUK
    View WiccaBasketUK's Listings
    Forum Posts

I like the 4 days and would actually like less rather than more

Penni
    Not a member yet? Sign up now for free:
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

I prefer the 4 days - would rather have shorter than longer if it was changing....
    --Linda--
    all feedback from eBid

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    My Thoughts:

I am not liking the monthly 4 day YDC Charity auctions. Since it's 4day inception, I've seen a decline in members participating especially from the USA. The last 4day event, of which 2 of those days, ran over a weekend and I know many USA members are not online because of family time. I'm sure the same goes for UK and other countries. I think the 4day event is putting off a lot of members including myself. I'd like to see the monthly events increased to 6 days starting from 24th - 30th each month. This would give many people a chance to discover these events and hopefully participate.

February would be an exception.

Your thoughts please
    My current problem with the YDC is not the length of the auctions and I can't say it bothers me one way or the other. On second thought perhaps a longer time would remedy my feelings. My problems are no one's fault and I don't think there is an easy fix. I just got tired of my hand made items sold for such low prices. I guess that's partially my fault, I could start them higher. I haven't given up on the YDC either, just taking a break.

So, perhaps a longer duration is worth discussing.
    <a href=http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures target=_blank><font color=#111111><span style=font-family: Tahoma>http://us.ebid.net/stores/Princess-Os-Treasures</span></font></a>

I YDC, Do you?

All-About suesjools
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post
    My current problem with the YDC is not the length of the auctions and I can't say it bothers me one way or the other. On second thought perhaps a longer time would remedy my feelings. My problems are no one's fault and I don't think there is an easy fix. I just got tired of my hand made items sold for such low prices. I guess that's partially my fault, I could start them higher. I haven't given up on the YDC either, just taking a break.

That is a shame, IMHO handmade stuff is sooooooo much nicer than what you can buy in most shops. I start my YDC listings at 99 cents so everyone can have a chance to bid who wants to, but as I don't make handmade items I'm not concerned if they don't fetch much - though I'm still hoping to win a YDC one of these centuries.

You might want to start a bit higher and see what happens.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wyocowgirl1 View Post

I think pimping has more effect on final price than duration. I'm not sure where you see the increase coming from in a longer auction?

Thread Information