eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: anyone receive their free t shirt?

Default Re: anyone receive their free t shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    email support@ebid.net with the size you want....Gosh, I've typed this a lot of times and I'm not the only one who has typed it (and I joined long before the free t-shirts!)
    In that case, it's time Admin. made it clear to newbies taking out subscriptions.

Not difficult.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

as others have said , the number of times this has come up , I really cannot believe it ....I think some people just do not read what is there...thousands have got their shirts no bother...I do not think it is an admin fault....as I said , i think some just will not read the label on the tin......sorry if this offends some ...but it has gone on far to long.........papa.

Papa... not disagreeing with you because I honestly can't remember.... But I don't think it said anything about contacting Support for T.Shirt.

Perhaps it would be far easier - and much more acceptable - just to send out an eBid mug - or car sticker - to everyone who joins.

I never did send in a request for a tee-shirt. First, I wasn't sure what size I would need. Then I thought about whether I would actually wear it, or whether it would be waste for money for the eBid owners. I asked about sizes on the forum, and someone suggested that I include the chest measurement that I wanted in the email to support. Thought about it some more and decided that I didn't want a shirt after all, as I'm just not a fan of white tee-shirts. They get grubby and turn yellow around the neck quickly from sun screen and the general wear. And then even a bleaching doesn't seem to spruce them up. But, that's just my opinion.

:-)

Also, in the past two years I've seen several posters come to the forums grumbling and belly aching that they were ripped off because they didn't get their shirt.

I don't remember when or where I learned that there was a free tee shirt as part of the sign up, so don't have an opinion on whether the promotion is clear enough for the newcomers.

But, I do think that it's the bellyaching that gets to me and annoys me. It's not the fact that someone asks a polite question about something that they have missed or forgotten.

I remember how overwhelmed I was when I came here. I posted things in the wrong forums. I had to learn how to add templates to defaults, create store banners, set up stores with different colour shades, add my avatar and links for forum posts. There was a lot to learn. None of which this old gal had ever done before.

Some information I read and then promptly forgot because of the learning curve.

But, I do remember those forum members who were helpful and kind to me and those who saw my innocent questions as something to jump down my throat about.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Marie,

I don't think anyone would mind if people asked "how do I get my t-shirt?" but they always ask start with "I've been ripped off. I don't have my t-shirt".

I hope I'm not on your black list
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Madelaine, we are saying the same thing, in that it's the "I got ripped off" posts that annoy me and put me off. If a newcomer has polite questions, I think that most people here are very helpful and kind.

Forum Master
    Penarth, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Salomina27's Feedback (+273)
    All-About Salomina27
    View Salomina27's Listings
    Forum Posts

Totally agree,
    also Buttons agree with HM about giving yours to charity, there certainly arent a shortage of larger people around these days thats a fact so Im sure it would be gratefully snapped up by someone and also advertisinfg for ebid again, always a plus!

say's he is going to wear it in bed in the winter........can't wait to see this................ rent a tent

Forum Newbie
    All-About Seeinghawk
    View Seeinghawk's Listings
    Forum Posts

Still waiting for mine.

Thread Information