eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gazza, any chance of choosing paypal account at invoice stage please?

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Gazza, any chance of choosing paypal account at invoice stage please?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    Thanks for this Gazza
    You're welcome.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

Forum Newbie
    View jbsales222's Feedback (+217)
    All-About jbsales222
    View jbsales222's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Gazza, any chance of choosing paypal account at invoice stage please?

After loosing $$ today because wrong PayPal account on listing for item I sold, I started searching and found this post.

The problem is that PayPal has two rates. 2.9%+$0.30 is standard for here in USA. I have that as a personal account. I also have a business account which has been configured for micropayments. PayPal fee with it is 5%+$0.05.

Since the vast majority of my items are low cost items, I set the PayPal micropayments account as my default then edited all listings with higher sales price to use the Personal account. But, not yet had time to modify others that have high shipping fees too.

For example: The problem I encountered selling an item today, is that the buyer selected Priority Mail for shipping on the item. This jacked the price to PayPal to way over the break even point. Subsequently, selling this item for $7.99 plus $10.77 shipping. As a result, I ended up with PayPal charging me $0.99 fee rather than $0.84. Considering costs of item and shipping materials, I ended up with a profit of $0.26 rather than $0.41.

The change I would like to see to eBid's shipping rate system would be to optionally add the current PayPal rate for each PayPal account account defined to eBid. Then, if these rates are present, the eBid shipping could then compute the PayPal fee for each defined PayPal account then use the one with the lowest rate. By doing this, you eliminate the need for sellers to manually specify which account to use for every item they sell. And, it would auto choose best based on which shipping option the buyer picks.

Thread Information