Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: PLUG:- AT THE RISK of Sounding like I am Resorting to Begging.....

Forum Newbie
    View squirrel397's Feedback (+194)
    All-About squirrel397
    View squirrel397's Listings
    Forum Posts

Cool PLUG:- AT THE RISK of Sounding like I am Resorting to Begging.....

Hello Everyone
    Yes it is me again, you know, the troublesome vintage plate man....the one who can't seem to generate any interest in any of his items short of offering them for free or paying someone to take them away. This plate is probably starting to become famous, or is that infamous? now....it is up to 1564 views at this time of writing.....and is coming to the end of yet another listing....so my complex about it not selling will not leave me alone, now I MUST sell it to put the money towards trauma related counselling fees....lol!! Seriously though it is a lovely item, well worth the asking price and really should hold its value, even during these bleak economic times, and increase in value subsequently....anyway, sorry for my complaining, I stand with many here who feel frustrated I know, and things will improve...we know that it will..but we just can't quantify it in terms of time and worth, we should not let this 'not knowing when' fuel our frustration, but we stand firm, gird ourselves regardless and list,list,list....and promote, promote promote....add a healthy dose of prayer into the mix, support one another as best we can, this is all we can do, the bigger picture is by far and away out of our hands.....God bless you all...Oh, and please remember to take a look at this unique (actually, it probably is) lovely plate...
    xxxx squirrel397
    http://uk.ebid.net/for-sale/early-en...c-47613697.htm

Forum Newbie
    All-About squirrel397
    Forum Posts

Default Re: PLUG:- AT THE RISK of Sounding like I am Resorting to Begging.....

Hello Everyone
    Yes its me again...the PLATE guy....lol.....my lovely early English delft plate is now up to 1826 views without bids,,,,it was made around 1760,,,I am wondering if it will reach its 300th birthday whilst still in my possession...
    Best wishes and many sales to all..
    squirrel397

Forum Newbie
    All-About squirrel397
    Forum Posts

Woooooooooo...... Getting close to the 2000 viewer mark.....by my calculations 0.000307% of the current population of the UK have now viewed my plate on e-bid, (I know this is hypothetical as viewers are worldwide, I was just using it for the purposes of calculation)....wonder if it will sell before Christmas...?......2011

Forum Newbie
    Birmingham, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View karaval's Feedback (+4)
    All-About karaval
    View karaval's Listings
    Forum Posts

Love your tenacity, squirrel. The Dunkirk spirit isn't yet dead in our island nation. Unfortunately I don't collect 18th century Delft, otherwise I'd buy it like a shot!

I think the biggest problem is that the EBID management don't do enough advertising. Shame really, because with the number of small sellers migrating here from the mega-corporation loving ebay, this is the place for collectors to buy the unusual "quirky" items from private sellers.

Like you, I patiently wait for numbers to pick up.

Good luck to you .... (and me).

Forum Newbie
    All-About squirrel397
    Forum Posts

Thanks for your encouragement both....despite the economic climate it is a pleasure to be here, I for one, am staying put....it was such a relief to move over from the Dark Side...
    Good luck and a following wind to all
    God bless
    squirrel397

Love your humor squirrel. I too will stay put and continue to have faith that patience will be rewarded! Good luck to all! Janice1964

Thread Information