Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: We recommend adding your Repatoo badge to your "All About Me" page to let others see

Default We recommend adding your Repatoo badge to your "All About Me" page to let others see

Well I requested the feedback importation and as directed I went to my "All about me" page to add the Repatoo Badge. Yes is there something about doing this I should already know? Not a word on that page to led me to that objective. I DO NOT think I should have to spend probably hours trying to figure out this dead end I was sent to. Help! Am I missing something Simple?

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: We recommend adding your Repatoo badge to your "All About Me" page to let others

Can't answer that as I left my 1300+ fb on ebay where it belongs.

Started afresh here and lots of my buyers haven't left FB.

I see no advantage to imported feedback.

Personally, I get annoyed when I check out someone's feedback to see it has been imported.

Default Re: We recommend adding your Repatoo badge to your "All About Me" page to let others

I decided not to import my feedback too. Tend to agree with the Pink Cat that I like to see feedback from eBid kept separate. But that, of course, is just my very humble opinion.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    I decided not to import my feedback too. Tend to agree with the Pink Cat that I like to see feedback from eBid kept separate. But that, of course, is just my very humble opinion.
    Me too - all from eBid. Hard to get started but well worth the effort.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bling4body View Post
    Well I requested the feedback importation and as directed I went to my "All about me" page to add the Repatoo Badge. Yes is there something about doing this I should already know? Not a word on that page to led me to that objective. I DO NOT think I should have to spend probably hours trying to figure out this dead end I was sent to. Help! Am I missing something Simple?
    Sorry bling, can't help with this one. Hopefully someone will be along soon to help you out with your query. I imported mine with no problem but that was a year ago and I beleive some things may have changed or I got extremely lucky and it worked the first try.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

See: http://www.mootango.webspace.virginm...idkb.htm#a0006 and its related topics.

Importing feedback is allowed and a matter of choice. Every time it is mentioned some will pour scorn on doing it, but it is up to the individual how they choose to view the matter, and proceed as they see fit.

Things have changed slightly as Repatoo now charge a one off fee for an account - whereas it used to be free.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

You have to go to your Repatoo page to get the coding to add your Repatoo badge to your 'About me' page.

eBid only import your feedback; they don't add the badge to your page - you do - so helps if you know a bit about html coding

Thank you for the information. I've been on here for a little and no feedback, only one sale and I'll waiting to get paid. As 4 importing and those above who seem to think they are better for not doing it well I worked hard to get this feedback and if it will give me some credibility then I see no reason to spend a couple years trying to build this score agian. You see I did not leave ebay and was just looking for more markets when I found EBid. This looked good so I bought a Seller+. Sure EBay takes most of my money for fees but I am making sales and I want to make sales here maybe even more but until then I won't be crying about how much ebay takes from me. You know most of my stuff sells for 1.89 or so. Subtract 15% plus 50 cents from that.

I'm here to give great deals and if the feedback comes I believe I saw where I could throw away the imported feedback but until I get some I want to show that I
    have credibility till I build a customer base here.

Don't get me wrong I appreciate all the comments Good and Bad! Maybe in time I won't need that ebay feedback and can delete it. However I don't plan on joining the leagues of EBiders thinking they are better sellers .

PEACE
    Last edited by bling4body; 20th September 2011 at 10:20 PM. Reason: typo

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anniemcc2 View Post
    eBid only import your feedback; they don't add the badge to your page - you do - so helps if you know a bit about html coding
    You shouldn't need to. I did tell Pete at Repatoo, ages back, how he could make it possible for people to either Drag and Drop or Copy and Paste their badge into a WYSIWYG editor. He did say he was going to implement it - but never did.

Thread Information