Thread: eBid should be more popular

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid should be more popular

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Why does it worry you so much what other people do with their time. If they want to post social threads on here, Twitter, Facebook or even if they want to spent all day in bed the decision is theirs and theirs alone. You don't have to read them

It seems that a large percentage of posts on these forums are yours complaining about people posting too much.
    Because all this stuff EXACTLY will send away many potential sellers’ and buyers’…we don’t have big advertising and after some of potential members ‘’FIND’’ this site ‘’finally’’…what will see…?....social stuff and from feedbacks will see what is exactly going on in here…and this is going for years and years now…and we ‘’expecting’’ to see in here many buyers’ and sellers’ from eBay who doing business in exactly way how auction site supposed to do…in 99.9% members from eBay have problem for very high fees from eBay and that is the main reason why many try to look around but in same way expecting to see much more activity from already members in here for about buying and selling but we give to this people most of social stuff…and all around ‘’advices’’ which exactly members from eBay don’t do never on eBay because don’t work and anybody can see that after many years…and by the way like my friend ‘’babe’’ write many times we need big sellers’ in here with minimum couple thousand items and various items too but if this person come he or she expecting much more from ‘’usual’’ stuff what we drink in the morning or similar private stuff which has nothing to do for auction site…and don’t get mistake many potential members read threads in here and what is going to see…example: I post thread about my items like advertising but in hour or two that my thread is flooded with household chit-chat and is gone buried all away back…for that reason and I think many seller’s who is in here for serious buying and selling (not YDC and buying from each other) thinks exactly how I think…and I already write for about that I like to see completely moved out from auction threads and advertising all social stuff in other front page or whatever just do not see that stuff potential members and after that any member can write 24 hours household chit-chat as he or she like and after that will not ‘’hurt’’ serious sellers’ in here…In the end again we don’t have big advertising and after that we have only ‘’a tiny’’ window of opportunity to bring new buyers’ in here and we destroy that year after year with social stuff…and you asking me why I am worry..?...huh….AMEN…

P.S. If we do same ''usual'' stuff in 2012 we will have same results....doesn't matter what social stuff and auction site can't work together and will never work....

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

x2 Dzambo
    We need more hard hitting posts on how to sell and bring in more buyers.
    (But sometimes these get deleted)

And people should be worried that our Alexa rating (traffic) is still in free fall and has been since June last year.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hazeleyes767 View Post
    The promotion board and tips on beng successful on ebid means you and all other sellers buy stuff and promote ebid. Nothing is done to advertise by management, this is a hobby for them. They do not even utilize social networking which is free. Sellers cannot do it by themselves, they need help from ebid management.
    They do:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/eBid/150107279532

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've often said I'd be happy to see the KT closed, and only on topic threads allowed. However, since the management prefers to allow them, and uses the "friendly community" as a selling point for the site, I can't see that change happening. And while the management encourages such posting, then there is absolutely no good reason to condemn people for choosing to use the site that way. I find a lot of the chit chat fairly banal, and most of the humour isn't my taste... but I'd prefer ten pages of that to one page of thinly disguised bullying, and I know which I think is most likely to drive folks away.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Also https://twitter.com/#!/ebid but whilst it's not true to say they don't use it, I do think their use of social networking is poor. Lots of room for improvement.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bykimbo View Post
    Also https://twitter.com/#!/ebid but whilst it's not true to say they don't use it, I do think their use of social networking is poor. Lots of room for improvement.
    I agree, lots of room for improvement.

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…heh….I can se in my opinion that Facebook stuff look likes Sears advertise Kmart which is exactly same company owned…company to company…no costumers involved…buddy points…far away from real auction site…is just similar likes now eBay on from own front page where now everybody can see only items from retail sellers likes shopping mall…NO MORE stuff which exactly pull up eBay where in couple times even my items show up on the front page with items likes ‘’hot item’’ with many bids or from other seller’s interesting and unusual items where you can buy ONLY from auction site and whole USA can see or some of rest of the world….but anyway I think eBay promote now only big retailers and eBid promote from ‘’beginning’’ only seller’s to sign up and own items from buddy points items…(and by the way I don’t see nowhere sales figures I see only record and record items listed on facebook), which as anybody can see from both auction site don’t work and never will work…but eBay has already many on it more of a 100 millions members…I see on Facebook items only anybody can buy anywhere in any shopping mall…folks drive away stuff which is posted a most on threads day to day and folks drive away items which can buy anywhere in any shopping mall…personally for me I like to buy and sell items which I ‘’can’t’’ find in any shopping mall and I no need another Facebook or social site…and for items (no own items, or items from shipping mall) to promote responsibility for that is for auction site in any way as can…for posting millions threads on auction site responsibility for that is only for auction site members…which way will be…?...social threads on auction site or auction items threads in auction site…AMEN…....

P.S. Dzambo loves you all...go back to my work…..

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Why does it worry you so much what other people do with their time. If they want to post social threads on here, Twitter, Facebook or even if they want to spent all day in bed the decision is theirs and theirs alone. You don't have to read them

It seems that a large percentage of posts on these forums are yours complaining about people posting too much.
    Is that what they are about? Never read them (cant see them)

Forum Newbie
    Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View salesoutlet's Feedback (+58)
    All-About salesoutlet
    View salesoutlet's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Of course....I am just plain nosey and the pound was worth every penny.

I wasn't sure how to get the info for free and it was late...so I just jumped right in there.

As I said...interesting stuff...I won't be nagging 'da boyz' to pay for TV advertising any time soon.
    I don't think you've read it properly but might be you got a basic report. I got a five year report with information about the owners, etc for £5 or £6. I think the fact that they're dealing with 6 figure capital reserves and 5 figure cash gives room for allocation to a significant advertising campaign even if not a major tv campaign. Whilst many people won't see it I also think it does not look professional to be registered at your accountants office, giving grounds to the argument that this is only a hobby as someone has already said on this thread.

I'm wavering on giving up on this website but when I was just about to give I made 1 sale which pulled me back. Reading about the Alexa ratings dropping is pushing me further but I don't give up easily. I don't want to get personal but I have to say some of the things I read on this forum makes me laugh, people defending this site and their own opinions so much but then their feedback total speaks a totally different story. I didn't spot this originally but I've spoken to people (Powersellers on other websites) who have said seeing this on these forums when researching whether to join has put them off.

The use of social networks is not even close to what it should be, there should be a few updates a day instead of 1 every few days. Let's get some perspective here, we're talking about what can be costly advertising streams but the free ones aren't even being used being used properly. It will probably be a while before a Google+ page and a YouTube channel is registered. Also the lack of smartphone app continues to baffle me, an example of a relatively inexpensive advertising stream being missed.

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

‘’Finally’’ someone on my ‘’side’’ (just a little but better from nothing)…Well…a less I try to explain as much as I can in my opinion and in my ''Englsh writing'' what is wrong and what is not…and probably I am not that far away from ‘’truth’’ where I say many potential members from eBay watch this threads very often and many can see clearly what is going on in here…and many potential members selling own stuff for years and not have time for chit-chat social stuff on online auction site and have time to know what somebody drink or cook...or this or that…in my opinion all this stuff just don’t belong on any auction online site…and all this stuff goes for years and years and in my opinion very big part that stuff and how some members defending site has again very big part where we are all right now and even after rip-off eBay fees nothing changes not many come because of many stuff I already try to explain….AMEN…......

Thread Information