Thread: eBid should be more popular

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid should be more popular

Quote Originally Posted by asktricia View Post
    If eBid spent thousands on advertising how do you think they would recoup their outlay, the same as the site you mention, by putting up their fees. I like the way it is, I have followed all the hints and tips that I have read in these forums and they make sense and work.

Yes, you have to work hard at it yourself and market yourself as you would if you had your own website, visitors don’t come to you, until they have heard about you, via advertising. eBid is your platform.
    Yep…and by the way ‘’asktricia’’ can you tell me how many buyers’ you have from USA…one of bigger consumers market…?
    You have about 405 feedback how many from USA buyers’…?...

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well…that’s ok with me but anyway I consider every seller’s who is business who can earn enough money to make living from selling on line…and not how many items he have if not have proof in end of year for tax return to beat numbers how much in here tax people consider you’re business seller not hobby seller because is way difference in return for tax, deducible stuff and you personally pay if somebody fill out for you tax return…but anyway I don’t selling on eBay like business seller and I not put on sale in eBay enough items or sell enough to make living from eBay anymore…but for UK Laws I don’t how much tax you need to have sales to be consider for business seller from hobby seller…..
    In the UK the business sellers become so not by the amount they sell but through their intention to sell at a profit.

So a seller in the UK might intend to sell thousands of items at a profit...then register as a business...sell nowt and still be classed as a business.

I registered as a business in 2006 the first time I bought anything to sell on at a profit...that is the law in the UK

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    In the UK the business sellers become so not by the amount they sell but through their intention to sell at a profit.

So a seller in the UK might intend to sell thousands of items at a profit...then register as a business...sell nowt and still be classed as a business.

I registered as a business in 2006 the first time I bought anything to sell on at a profit...that is the law in the UK
    Again like I say for UK Laws I don’t know much about for tax return and business sellers…but in here in USA if you come with low amount and try to squeeze like business seller, or business company Tax man will laugh on you and will transfer all your ‘’business’’ on ‘’hobby’’ return for Tax…because in here if you show sales and earn bigger money you will have huge deductibles or write offs for you business and in that way you will not owe much tax or even you can have very big return…but anyway for all other low amounts even for profit you will have ‘’hobby’’ tax return and that mean you will pay in full all tax for that profit…In the end in here person ‘’MUST’’ show the money not items how many sell to be consider for ‘’business’’…anyway thanks for your reply…...

Dzambo, I haven't yet ventured into selling outside of the UK market. My ongoing marketing plans are onwards and upwards. My feedback score does include some imported feedback which I really didn't want to do, I have sold so much more on here, but, unfortunately the sellers came straight from Google, and do not leave feedback. My Christmas sales are not reflected either. A sale is a sale, feedback not important, but when we are trying to promote eBid it does help to show how many satisfied people there are out there.

This thread is meant for praise for eBid and I think we should respect that. I am more than pleased with this venue for selling, every problem has been resolved on the same day that I have raised it, I don't think you will get that anywhere else. We should all do our bit to help promote this site, there is life after e**y.

What size are you requiring?

8-14, 16-18, XL, XXL or XXXL
    We have your legs covered, from your desktop to your door – we do all the legwork!

Ladies Legwear & Accessories for all occasions

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Getting something to be a household name is very hard.

Eg Bing is the third largest search engine, owned by one of the richest companies in the world - Microsoft.

But who says Bing it ?
    I bet many people have never heard of it, let alone tried it.

I don't think that Google, Facebook or Twitter spent any money on advertising.
    They just came along at the right time with what people anted.

Ebid's problem is that buyers are quite happy with ebay, and also that there are about 100 other sites people could move to.

But yes if ebay put their fees up to 10% it may encourage a few more people to list on ebid.

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asktricia View Post
    Dzambo, I haven't yet ventured into selling outside of the UK market. My ongoing marketing plans are onwards and upwards. My feedback score does include some imported feedback which I really didn't want to do, I have sold so much more on here, but, unfortunately the sellers came straight from Google, and do not leave feedback. My Christmas sales are not reflected either. A sale is a sale, feedback not important, but when we are trying to promote eBid it does help to show how many satisfied people there are out there.

This thread is meant for praise for eBid and I think we should respect that. I am more than pleased with this venue for selling, every problem has been resolved on the same day that I have raised it, I don't think you will get that anywhere else. We should all do our bit to help promote this site, there is life after e**y.
    I understand that no problem….and I promote eBid in the best way I can with new listing of items every day and in my opinion no other ‘’help’’ (If we don’t count big advertising) can do much better from listing new items because person usually ‘’spot’’ your item on Google from just a simple search for anything or other who know for eBid even on eBid thread ‘’plug your auction’’…I don’t like much to ‘’push’’ new members in here in any other way because if I push particular person and if I have nothing to offer from my items or just try to ‘’sell’’ him seller place in here that person will look on me and if anything goes wrong will blame me and it will spread word around…is just my personal opinion and with my listing of my items person can end up in here and after that he or she can search my items or anyone items and after that he or she can decide if going to buy something in here or try even to sell like new seller and that is the real business in my eyes all other advertising in my opinion is for particular auction site owners…I try many other ways alone and not work pretty well because many write me likes: ‘’why you always try to sell me something’’ or go in this place or that…I mean I talking about only for USA consumer market and usually consumers from that market don’t expect or just don’t like from each person to advertise something, consumers from that market expect from particular company with advertising to sell him something and in that way USA consumers market works in the last 50 years…and works just fine, in my opinion eBay would be ‘’dead’’ already if USA consumers don’t buy much from eBay…doesn’t matter where is the sellers’ from, consumers don’t care much but if any auction site can’t draw in consumers from biggest market in whole world that auction site is not moving much…We need in here buyers’ from USA much more and after that all things will move up and many sellers’ will come after that with various of items but to achieve that as anybody can see after many, many years how big advertising works and how ‘’word of mouth’’ or e-mail works…and by the way we always ‘’expect’’ many buyers’ will come in here from eBay but many buyer’s from eBay with buying in the last 10 or more years from one auction site will expect in here to find auction tools which exist on eBay and help very much for that buyers’, buyers’ don’t care how much fees seller’s paying…as many say already eBay probably will ‘’again’’ raise fees but ‘’again’’ will many buyer’s ‘’care’’ for that and follow some of seller’s on other auction site…?...Well…in my opinion 300 millions potential consumers person just can’t draw in with word of mouth or personal advertising only particular business can do that…again I will keep listing and if potential buyer’s find my items on Google and decide to come in here that’s ok, but my expectation 300 millions is pretty high number because many just go on eBay directly because advertising put that on head of the consumers long time ago…In the end I have about 90% my buyers’ from overseas and 10% from USA many UK members’ don’t have even 1% USA buyers’ and many offer own items for USA buyers’ but people just don’t know for existence of eBid…and private advertising as anybody can see how is work…without consumers: Help don’t mean much, I like eBid very much but in same time I know exactly what I can expect from eBid…Thanks for your reply….I wish you good luck and good sales…....

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gooboo View Post
    So it's my opinion that lots more work is required by eBid on the advertising side of things.
    I would be seriously looking at prime time TV and radio ads spots.
    Which countries should eBid consider for advertising?

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

USA will be ‘’enough’’…360 millions potential consumers (with kids)…and that number can’t give you any country alone if we count only Western market, anyway Asian market is selling (fake) to you not buying much….ahhh….even if you put half Europe together….....

Forum Lurker
    View plantsfish's Feedback (+199)
    All-About plantsfish
    View plantsfish's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    which countries should ebid consider for advertising?
    usa!!!!!!!!!

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

What about other countries other than USA?

Come on now peeps, be fair

Thread Information