Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: eBid should be more popular

Forum Newbie
    View road121's Feedback (+1)
    All-About road121
    View road121's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid should be more popular

After Paying £50 For a lifetime Seller+ account It would not be fair to add fees now!!! £50 per member "seller+" should be plenty for ads if ebid start fees i will no longer stay and would demand my money back.

I like this website but people saying there have 24 non payers dont give me hope!

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'd really like it if we could discuss eBid without mentioning the market leader. I know that it becomes the elephant in the room but every mention increases the feeling that here is second best. Here is DIFFERENT!

Road, if you want to be encouraged take a look at Kedo's feedback

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?u...ting&type=feed

and, remember, relatively few people actually leave feedback here.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Newbie
    View girlesque's Feedback (+11)
    All-About girlesque
    View girlesque's Listings
    Forum Posts

it should be more widely known but any suggestions always fall on deaf ears, sometimes i dont even bother logging in anymore i sell things for more money on ebay (have to charge more coz of their fees, but at least they sell there) i have constantly tried to get this site promoted or at least advertised but it seems that word of mouth from the odd seller on here is the way to go. i have now given up promoting it myself because i am a small voice with a small corner to shout it from. i didnt mind promoting it at first, but when it seems that our promotion is the only advertising and promoting that this site gets it just seems more and more like a stagnant pond, just plodding on selling to each other the odd thing here and there. i dont want any insults on my merchandize from the faithful followers either, my stuff is popular enough on ebay and at parties! plus bashing eachother and what we sell is counter productive and petty (its happened before sorry! if anyone dare speak out against the stepfordlike dietribe) do i sound dispondant? (and i know my spelling is hit and miss too) maybe i sound that way because i am!

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    and, remember, relatively few people actually leave feedback here.
    Too right! It's dropped to around 20% for me now. I don't know why. It used to be nearer 60%.

Quote Originally Posted by tidewater50 View Post
    One way to bring in more buyers is to do the following. I have sold on Ebay for 11 years, since paypal allows you to download your history, that download of history contains the email address of all of the buyers. I simply copied with Ctrl C the entire list of email addresses and then did a Ctrl V into the email box for the email address and sent email to all of my buyers at one time, telling them about Ebid. You must note it is Ebid.NET, If they go to Ebid. com they will never find us. I had several of my buyers thank me for showing them Ebid.
    I really hope that I havent purchased from you in the past - spamming me will get an appropriate response.

Now that I know what you do with your paypal list, best I add you to my bbl.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I think that ebid could be better off with moderate final value fees say 5% if all of those extra fees were put into marketing ebid.net.

I think that people don't really want free listings and no fvfs fees they just don't like the way that ebay has lifted its fees from 3% to 9% over the years!

I'd rather have ten times the number of sales that I do and pay moderate fees.
    I dont consider a 6% increase as bad over a period of years - for anything.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I dont consider a 6% increase as bad over a period of years - for anything.
    Final value fees going from 3% to 9% is not a 6% increase !
    Its a 300% increase !

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Final value fees going from 3% to 9% is not a 6% increase !
    Its a 300% increase !
    In my terms it is a rise of 6 %.
    I pay 6p in the pound more than i was several years ago.
    I consider it good value - and a lot less than most things have gone up in the same period of time.

When I had my last website - i had 4 sellers who listed on it.
    They were charged 20% when items sold.

If someone else had a website, I would be more than happy to pay 20% fvf to put my items on it.

I wouldnt mind if ebid had a 20% fvf either.

Some of the dog forums I advertise on - customers mention the forum concerned, and the owners of that forum get 15% commission.
    Although it is called commission - it is just another fvf - same thing.

However, working it out your way, you have already stated in another thread that you would be quite happy for ebid to raise fvf to 5%. In your terms, that is a sudden increase of 250% - in one jump.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 30th September 2011 at 06:52 PM.

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by road121 View Post
    After Paying £50 For a lifetime Seller+ account It would not be fair to add fees now!!! £50 per member "seller+" should be plenty for ads if ebid start fees i will no longer stay and would demand my money back.

I like this website but people saying there have 24 non payers dont give me hope!
    Bit slow in catchin up with this thread but here goes.

You paid £50 for LIFE membership with FREE listing... now spread that £50 over the amount of months you intend to be selling online... and how much does it equate to ??

The final value fee is 2% across the board not 10% on some items, less on others, more if you do free p+p so unless you dont intend to sell anything there are fees to pay anyway.

As for the 24 non payers.. given how many people are actualy on this site, listing and selling but NOT posting on the boards 24 non payers is pretty small by ratio. What makes it look worse is that for all the people on this site not that many of them use the forum. I bet per ratio there are far far far more non payers over on the 'bay'

Quote Originally Posted by girlesque View Post
    it should be more widely known but any suggestions always fall on deaf ears, sometimes i dont even bother logging in anymore i sell things for more money on ebay (have to charge more coz of their fees, but at least they sell there) i have constantly tried to get this site promoted or at least advertised but it seems that word of mouth from the odd seller on here is the way to go. i have now given up promoting it myself because i am a small voice with a small corner to shout it from. i didnt mind promoting it at first, but when it seems that our promotion is the only advertising and promoting that this site gets it just seems more and more like a stagnant pond, just plodding on selling to each other the odd thing here and there. i dont want any insults on my merchandize from the faithful followers either, my stuff is popular enough on ebay and at parties! plus bashing eachother and what we sell is counter productive and petty (its happened before sorry! if anyone dare speak out against the stepfordlike dietribe) do i sound dispondant? (and i know my spelling is hit and miss too) maybe i sound that way because i am!
    With very few exceptions (I was the target recently) people here don't criticize anyone's merchandise. In fact, most of us keep asking for more variety. I think that's why eBid is still concentrating on getting more sellers. It's up to the sellers to get the buyers.

As for sales, they do fluctuate wildly. We were in the doldrums during the summer, but things have picked up lately. I do find it interesting that some people are still able to make a profit on eBay. The last three months we were there we did not sell one single item, and the listing costs were what drove us away (and I've been glad of it ever since we landed here).

Thread Information