Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid should be more popular

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    @Dzambo
    Every alt auction site's forums are full of posts from newbies that have not been able to sell a thing in a a few days or a few months or ever.
    That is just natural to me.
    They are really asking for help.
    People look around, and then they see people like you who sell quite regularly, and then they think it must be an OK site.

What always amazes me is that people have been on ebid for say 10 years and never bought from ebid, or they have never heard of ebid and found it after a search for "alternate auction sites" and then join ebid and expect sales to be the same!
    ''babe'' I understand you, you understand me.......but what I can't understand what in god name 20,000 or more posting threads from member doing on auction site....I mean...20,000 listed items or sold I can get it..but 20,000 posting threads no way......

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    Why does it worry you so much what other people do with their time. If they want to post social threads on here, Twitter, Facebook or even if they want to spent all day in bed the decision is theirs and theirs alone. You don't have to read them

It seems that a large percentage of posts on these forums are yours complaining about people posting too much.
    I just had a look thru bits n pieces of this thread - think I now got the gist of it (before I couldnt see many of them) - my thoughts are that if any that think there is no place for social posts here practiced what they preached, it might make more sense.
    Maybe they could go thru all their own ''non-business related'' threads and delete the ones they started, and delete any ''non-business related'' comments they have made in any other threads.
    Then they could hit the complaint button on ALL other social threads, and ask Ebid to remove them.
    (good luck with THAT one!)

I agree Ebid site is easier to use I started in 2001 also, everything here is much simpler only thing I miss is items watched but can not have everything. Would not change back I believe more items for sale will automaticly bring more buyers so I will keep listing more. Sellers should not hold back listings are free so add as many as possible. Happy New Year.

Hi how do you think listing fees would be a stumbling block for sellers with large listings? I myself have over 4600 items. Listing fees would prevent sellers listing Lots of items and items of Ebid for sale would drop dramaticly. Not a good idea. Happy New Year. More items for sale means more buyers.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fordfananatic View Post
    More items for sale means more buyers.
    Yes providing people list them at a fair price.

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Yes providing people list them at a fair price.
    Do you believe my items are over price for current economic climate?

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Why is anyone bothered ?
    I list what I like when I like.

Some ebidders don't list at all, It's not obligatory.

I list at a level that suits me (hobby level) and I chat on threads when I find them to my humour!

(love a good bit of banter me like!)

This listings equals growth idea is flawed.

Listing 20 million items is no good without traffic.

However if we had 10 million new sellers per year that would be a 'Rocket Boost'

Just keep sending out invitations and make sure you get onto Google . and then.....

Come and have a chat!

Thread Information