Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: eBid should be more popular

Forum Newbie
    View netihealth's Feedback (+5)
    All-About netihealth
    View netihealth's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid should be more popular

I just wanted to give my observations about eBid as a seasoned eBay Powerseller of some 10 years who has recently discovered eBid.

What you guys have done here is fantastic. Everything is spot-on, from the eBid auction site itself, to the brand, down to the way the service is offered and the fees. The website is far far easier to use than eBay's. You have clearly thought of many ways to make selling as painless and easy as possible.

When you consider the outrageous fees charged on eBay and their Paypal payments monopoly, plus their unfair biased buyer policies, it makes eBid a very attractive alternative marketplace for sellers such as myself that sell low value items in volume.

The only problem is it seems that eBid is just not yet popular enough and doesn't have the established marketplace eBay enjoys. Hopefully given time that will change. As far as I can see, that is the only thing which makes eBay successful, the fact they had a head start and have so many members. When it comes to comparing eBid and eBay, eBid wins hands down.

Perhaps we as a community (and particularly higher profile sellers on eBay such as myself) can do more to encourage buyers here? It would be good to see the community grow and the marketplace flourish so that it becomes a real alternative to eBay.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: eBid should be more popular

No-one here is going to disagree with you! We have been steadily working away at this for some years and it is paying dividends with sales increasing and SO many of them to new members.

Visit the promotion board for loads of ideas to help.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by netihealth View Post
    It would be good to see the community grow and the marketplace flourish so that it becomes a real alternative to eBay.
    I certainly agree. Time to do more listing. lol

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    No-one here is going to disagree with you! We have been steadily working away at this for some years and it is paying dividends with sales increasing and SO many of them to new members.

Visit the promotion board for loads of ideas to help.
    Agree with Madelaine; in the brief time I've been here, eBid has grown by leaps and bounds. I'm not all that tech savvy, but I try to do my bit by talking up eBid wherever I go, in stores, on the streets, and to family and friends. If you're more high tech, there is social networking and a Facebook group for eBid sellers.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Lurker
    All-About tidewater50
    View tidewater50's Listings
    Forum Posts

One way to bring in more buyers is to do the following. I have sold on Ebay for 11 years, since paypal allows you to download your history, that download of history contains the email address of all of the buyers. I simply copied with Ctrl C the entire list of email addresses and then did a Ctrl V into the email box for the email address and sent email to all of my buyers at one time, telling them about Ebid. You must note it is Ebid.NET, If they go to Ebid. com they will never find us. I had several of my buyers thank me for showing them Ebid.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

The mass email route is a dangerous one - some people regard it as spamming them - but I'm delighted to hear that you have had some good results with it, tidewater.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Newbie
    View road121's Feedback (+1)
    All-About road121
    View road121's Listings
    Forum Posts

I feel That the best way to get Good return members would be for top rate ebay seller Ie Powersellers to send out the website in a note/flyer with there item saying Get it cheaper on ebid as there no end fees we can put those saving into our customs pockets.
    We all know where fed up with ebay fees and the best way to get member here BUYING members that is. To let them know 1 about this website 2 savings 3 they can trust it.

I am going to drop my prices here i only list a few items but they are populer so far with 100% Feedback on Ebay which i was told for a NEW seller with no xp i was doing well.
    I am a very new seller and i payed for lifetime seller+ account thinking i will save a lot in the long run. I just hope Ebid don't go down the same path as ebay and intro end value fees.
    not having a sale yet i can not comment on the feedback of this website i have only been a member a day and half.
    Last edited by road121; 18th September 2011 at 01:23 PM. Reason: typo

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think that ebid could be better off with moderate final value fees say 5% if all of those extra fees were put into marketing ebid.net.

I think that people don't really want free listings and no fvfs fees they just don't like the way that ebay has lifted its fees from 3% to 9% over the years!

I'd rather have ten times the number of sales that I do and pay moderate fees.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I think that ebid could be better off with moderate final value fees say 5% if all of those extra fees were put into marketing ebid.net.

I think that people don't really want free listings and no fvfs fees they just don't like the way that ebay has lifted its fees from 3% to 9% over the years!

I'd rather have ten times the number of sales that I do and pay moderate fees.

‘’babe’’…don’t forget eBay charges fees for everything not ONLY for the item is sells, so fees for stores , fee for each listing , fee for EACH day listing item in the store…and all this BEFORE in any is sells…so I believe to advertise on USA market is going to be the same price for eBid and eBay…so we need a millions and millions $ to let know people in here to know, all below that is just and drop in the bucket…so I think we need to go way over 5% only fees if items sells…let’s just say about 20% because we don’t have enough members and this a sample 5% still not enough but for advertising we need to pay up to front all existing seller’s right away…I mean only differences from 2% to 5% for only if is item sold is really nothing and that money really can’t move USA Market for advertising.. Well…heh…’’I’d rather have ten timers number of sales that I do and pay moderate fees’’…this is only ‘’if’’ and that’s is the problem because no promise for anything and advertising need money up to front…I pay ‘’if’’ I know but I don’t know for sure so too much risky game…I mean all other 16 auction sites probably consider advertising in bigger way but after all prices is way over expensive for that and none of this sites has bigger fees for EVERYTHING I mean everything and that exactly charges auction site need to try to go trough USA market ,eBay can’t do that with only fees if items is it only sold….why should we can or any other auction site…how USA consumer markets works little ads or anything big people in here is not going to notice and all the money for that is gone…if I am wrong anybody can see for yourself all companies who not go very serious in the advertising with bigger money USA consumers don’t know and this is the way how this things works in here…peoples before on eBay not complain much because eBay charges fees for EVERYTHING not much and top of that stores listing fee too not much,but look now…fees for ‘’everything’’ this is the only way to collect more money in faster way…we can try for bigger fees if is item sold only that options but really I don’t think will help us much…...

P.S. I need to go cut my grass...huh.......

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree with many of the comments for promoting eBid. I would not feel comfortable with mass email marketing. I would be willing to pay 5% FVF if eBid would use the excess fees on aggressive marketing. If taken cummulatively it could add up to a substantial amount of money to target marketing. At least it iis some type of step in the right direction.

Just continuing on with the status quo will keep most sellers on stagnant with their sales. This is not a final solution, but just a possible first step. Also sellers (new and seasoned) on eBid must be willing to give eBid ample time to grow. That will require commitment. No better time than the present.

Thread Information