eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Gazza, more clarification re Brands & Google Shopping please.

Default Re: Gazza, more clarification re Brands & Google Shopping please.

Oh gawd! I put my real name too
    I was thinking that the GSID number thingey would be my store/listings identifier????

And how will I know the outcome is what I'd like to know as there is no way of contacting me directly???

Angie

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsandmemories View Post
    Oh gawd! I put my real name too
    I was thinking that the GSID number thingey would be my store/listings identifier????
    So have I.

I assumed that the GSID Number is the critical information.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Maybe I'll get them relisted someday, maybe I'll move them to another site.
    Hmmmmm....I wonder what sellers on *bay and *mzon are wrestling with. Seems to me 'moving' listings to another site would be redundant as eBid is not being isolated out as the only site having to deal with this dilemma.....

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    Eek, I used my real name as that is what I use on my Google account. I hope I haven't done it wrong ?!
    I have a general Google account also (Checkout, etc.) but the point is that the Google Shopping feed is not attached to my Google account - it is a sub-account of eBid's. That's why I can't see that my name has any relevance. Even my eBid username is redundant as the GSID either identifies my store or my eBid username.

I can't really proceed without an answer to this query.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    I have a general Google account also (Checkout, etc.) but the point is that the Google Shopping feed is not attached to my Google account - it is a sub-account of eBid's. That's why I can't see that my name has any relevance. Even my eBid username is redundant as the GSID either identifies my store or my eBid username.

I can't really proceed without an answer to this query.
    I used my real name because my username is connected to a different GSID than my stores.

The form is not a special one setup for those of us on eBid, just the general form for exemptions when dealing with individual merchants, so I'd imagine the name part is irrelevant in this instance.

Any notifications as to acceptance would need to be sent to eBid, as they upload the feeds, so any queries on individual accounts from google, would probably need to be dealt with via eBid, hence the use of their email address not your own, as the form doesn't have room for 2 email addresses.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

I am sooooo confused!!!! I think I will just ignore the whole issue. My stores are all a mixed bag of things, some new some used. Some with and some without the information on them.

I personally have stopped using Google because they are a real pain. If I type in 2 words I get things based on each word typed instead of those that have both words in title. Yahoo and Bing both seem to give me better results in searching. Hopefully they will be considered in the solutions to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dardonboi View Post
    I am sooooo confused!!!! I think I will just ignore the whole issue. My stores are all a mixed bag of things, some new some used. Some with and some without the information on them.

I personally have stopped using Google because they are a real pain. If I type in 2 words I get things based on each word typed instead of those that have both words in title. Yahoo and Bing both seem to give me better results in searching. Hopefully they will be considered in the solutions to the problem.
    Not only that, but Google Shopping now creates multiple pages, each containing some items I may be looking for, but a lot of added "maybe you want to see this too" junk. It looks more and more like the results from eBay's searches (which I stopped using a couple of years ago). Heavily skewed to the big sellers, and the advanced filters don't work. It's just bringing up too much in hard-to-read format.

Now starting to notice the same problem on regular Google. Too many results not remotely associated with my key words.

I have been using Yahoo, Bing, and Dogpile a lot lately, and I'm looking at the others.

As for applying for the exemption, I'm going to wait. My fear is that if I apply now and get rejected, I won't be able to get the exemption later. I really need to know if the items that DO HAVE ISBNs, UPCs, etc., have to be removed from a store before the exemption will be granted. No answer to this question yet, and I'm not going to do all that work unless it's absolutely necessary.

Forum Saint
    View Anniemcc2's Feedback (+3934)
    All-About Anniemcc2
    View Anniemcc2's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dittto !

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Go to My eBid > My eBid Stores

Select a store to edit.

The GSID is just underneath the Delete Store button at top right.

Name:  aa.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  25.3 KB

The GSID for your username is at the bottom right of My eBid > My Personal Details

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicina View Post
    I used my real name because my username is connected to a different GSID than my stores.

The form is not a special one setup for those of us on eBid, just the general form for exemptions when dealing with individual merchants, so I'd imagine the name part is irrelevant in this instance.

Any notifications as to acceptance would need to be sent to eBid, as they upload the feeds, so any queries on individual accounts from google, would probably need to be dealt with via eBid, hence the use of their email address not your own, as the form doesn't have room for 2 email addresses.
    Oh, fine! I should have read the entire thread instead of just following Gazza's instructions and winging it. I applied for the exemption for two of our stores, but I put my email address on it.

So now I have more questions.

Is there any way to find out if our application was denied?

Can an application be resubmitted if it was denied for a technical error (such as the wrong email address)? If not, I suppose I can rename our stores and apply again, but that seems pretty drastic.

And of course I still need to know if we should apply for an examption if we have mixed (new and old) items in a store.

Thread Information