eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Gazza, more clarification re Brands & Google Shopping please.

View banrigh's Feedback (+2949)
    All-About banrigh
    View banrigh's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Gazza, more clarification re Brands & Google Shopping please.

I gave up on Google Shopping when they first announced the new requirements. For my own website, I had asked for an exemption and was granted one, but they still wanted part numbers for some things that didn't have them and had the majority of my listings under warnings for missing identifiers.
    After stopping the data uploads, I realized that the amount I was selling didn't change much and that most buyers are still using search engines when they are looking for a specific item. So...Google can change their requirements all they want...as long as I appear in the search engines, I am satisfied with that.

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    If a book has an ISBN it will always be posted to GS no matter what.
    The question is regarding a store that contains both vintage books that do not have an ISBN and new ones that DO have the identifier.

It sounds as though we can only get an exemption for a store if ALL the items qualify as exempt. That would require us to remove the new books even if they are properly labeled.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    The question is regarding a store that contains both vintage books that do not have an ISBN and new ones that DO have the identifier.

It sounds as though we can only get an exemption for a store if ALL the items qualify as exempt. That would require us to remove the new books even if they are properly labeled.
    The way im gonna work it with comic books is pre 1970's put in as brand EG=publisher and after with the bar code number in one store although it will be a lot of work.
    I don't think you will have to seperate them in to two dif store when i use to do manual feeds to google it was item related one feed per item not one feed per store.
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by banrigh View Post
    I gave up on Google Shopping when they first announced the new requirements. For my own website, I had asked for an exemption and was granted one, but they still wanted part numbers for some things that didn't have them and had the majority of my listings under warnings for missing identifiers.
    After stopping the data uploads, I realized that the amount I was selling didn't change much and that most buyers are still using search engines when they are looking for a specific item. So...Google can change their requirements all they want...as long as I appear in the search engines, I am satisfied with that.

Yep…I thinking same….and like you say already ‘’as long as I appear in the search engines I am satisfied with that’’…and buyer’s who always looking for stuff and that exactly stuff never will be sold in ‘’Net shopping malls’’ is not going to search in that place is going to search for particular item with word, keyword, or anything else associated for that particular item and any search engine will pop up your item even up to front before all items from net shopping malls because that stuff not exist in the shopping malls...my buyer's find me because buyer's looking for that particular item and anyway I always keep up date my buyers too...AMEN……...

Right having thought about this some more I have applied to Google for exemption for three shops which are straightforward. Don't quite know how you are meant to find out that you have been given the O.K. as eBid's email is used ?

As for the other two I really don't have the time at the moment to sort it all out and editing the yearly postage rate rises will be a nightmare with so many listings all over the place. I really don't want to mess up my shops by pulling them apart so they will just have to stay as they are and do without Google if we are not allowed to exempt individual items.

I'm so confused. Up until a couple of minutes ago i didn't even know there was a 'Brand' field.
    Which means i have a lot of work to do, putting the brand in that field for a couple of hundred items, oh joy.

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can’t find anything in the Forum or at the Google Merchant Centre Help as to whether it is permissible to put items that have ISBN’s etc in an exempted store provided, of course, the ISBN etc is declared for non-exempt items. Earlier Gazza suggested these would have to be in a separate store which gives real problems to booksellers. I cannot see any such restriction in the Google Merchant Centre Help pages. Gazza, could you please give a definitive answer on this. Many thanks.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Here are the exemption instructions we will be posting later today if anyone wants to apply now. This is for eBid Stores. Don't forget if your item is listed in an eBid Store then exemption will be required for the Store. If your item is not listed in a Store then exemption will be required for your username (available later today)

1. Locate the GSIN number located on your "My eBid" > "My eBid Stores" page. It is in small grey text just below the "Summary" section.
    2. Visit http://www.google.com/support/mercha...e_id_exemption
    3. Enter your name.
    4. Enter google.exemption@ebid.net as the login email address
    5. You your GSIN number into the Account ID box. URL box can be ignored.
    6. Enter some information as to why the items in your eBid Store do not or cannot have barcodes. Are they vintage, collectables, home made? Give an example link to some products in your Store.

What is requires for #3 above? My name (that will not mean anything to Google) or my eBid username?

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    What is requires for #3 above? My name (that will not mean anything to Google) or my eBid username?
    Eek, I used my real name as that is what I use on my Google account. I hope I haven't done it wrong ?!

I would still like to know how we know if our stores have been exempted as we don't use our own email address ?

View ropegg's Feedback (+424)
    All-About ropegg
    View ropegg's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post

Not sure I was right but I used 'Ropegg" the name of the store I was asking the exemption for.

Like Cornish I don't know how we will know if the exemption is authorized. When I made the request for my website I was emailed the authorization but as she says we are using eBid's email address.
    My stores:
    Ropegg
    Cups-Cups-Cups
    And Other Stuff
    Peggy A's Jewels

God Bless and have a great day!!!!

Thread Information