eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Gazza, more clarification re Brands & Google Shopping please.

Default Re: Gazza, more clarification re Brands & Google Shopping please.

Gazza, what about sports cards? There's no barcodes or anything?

I know this isn't your fault Gazza but to say, for example, that we are not allowed to list new books that have ISBN numbers with antiquarian books in our book stores is just ridiculous ! There must be a better way of doing this? The same problem is going to be with lots of sellers 'general' stores where there is a right mixture of items.

Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View maroy41's Feedback (+1089)
    All-About maroy41
    View maroy41's Listings
    Forum Posts

Does this mean that if I accidently miss out one or two ISBN numbers my store won't be uploaded to google?
    Great books reasonable prices please click on the logo below and browse around I have quite a selection for you to choose from.

Some great Dvd's --->
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post
    I know this isn't your fault Gazza but to say, for example, that we are not allowed to list new books that have ISBN numbers with antiquarian books in our book stores is just ridiculous ! There must be a better way of doing this? The same problem is going to be with lots of sellers 'general' stores where there is a right mixture of items.

I've got a number of issues of magazines, (some have different titles where it has changed over the years), all the old ones don't have barcodes, (a couple have ISSN's but they are rejected on the listing form) the one newer one does, it seems crazy that the older ones will now need to be put in a different store.

Gazza, any chance of letting us add ghost categories to our stores, so that my older magazines can still be found, in my magazine store when it is browsed, even if they are really going to have to be listed in one of my other stores because of the google rules?

I understand what google are trying to achieve, but for most older or secondhand items it really doesn't make sense to be so rigid about it all.
    Gothicina.

MAHATMA GANDHI - "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way in which its animals are treated."

My Stores
    Gothicina Labels | Gothicina's Web - for eBid Auction Templates & Store Banners.

My Alter egos
    Kewtonia Books | Kewtonia's Klutter | Kewtonia Magz

Family
    Leadhillsonline | Honehe
    Tozcentral | NiffNaff
    SynysterChambers | Goldenboys13

Free eBid Banners | Free YDC Teddies | Charity Listings YDC Teddy Templates

View bunsock's Feedback (+14461)
    All-About bunsock
    View bunsock's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

Its not just antiquarian books but any books published before about 1970 that may not have ISBN's. Also I sell new DVDs which don't have barcodes, as the publisher is a small business and doesn't believe in them! I fear this is going to be very difficult.

Would it be possible to have exempted items and non-exempted items in the same store? I think I could live with this even if it meant marking individual items as "exempted” (providing such a facility could be provided in Bulk Edit).

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK - I give in. What is a GS account and GSID? I'll have a mad guess at the "ID" part and say something to do with Identification/Identifier. Stumped with the rest!
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KAYS6912 View Post
    OK - I give in. What is a GS account and GSID? I'll have a mad guess at the "ID" part and say something to do with Identification/Identifier. Stumped with the rest!
    I assume (may be wrong) GSID is the Google Shopping Identification Number allocated to an eBid shop.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 235
Size:  46.9 KB
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

Quote Originally Posted by bunsock View Post
    Its not just antiquarian books but any books published before about 1970 that may not have ISBN's. Also I sell new DVDs which don't have barcodes, as the publisher is a small business and doesn't believe in them! I fear this is going to be very difficult.

Would it be possible to have exempted items and non-exempted items in the same store? I think I could live with this even if it meant marking individual items as "exempted” (providing such a facility could be provided in Bulk Edit).

I agree bunsock.

I don't know if we could have an exempt button next to the brand and code section? Would this be possible Gazza ? That would be much better in my opinion then everybody having to mess up their shops. As long as sellers either put a code number or ticked the exempt box ebid could send them in the feed and let Google do the work of policing it if they must keep changing everything !

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Rather than everyone panicking, why not let Gazza and the team work out how they are going to make eBid fit with Google's rules, and then lay it out to us? Then you can panic if you wish.

I don't see how firing suggestions on how to make it work when we don't understand it fully is going to help anything.

For now, let's ensure all our items that have Barcodes and Brands have them on the listing, and let's tackle the other stuff as we know where we need to go.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Rather than everyone panicking, why not let Gazza and the team work out how they are going to make eBid fit with Google's rules, and then lay it out to us? Then you can panic if you wish.

I don't see how firing suggestions on how to make it work when we don't understand it fully is going to help anything.

For now, let's ensure all our items that have Barcodes and Brands have them on the listing, and let's tackle the other stuff as we know where we need to go.
    Who said anything about panicking ? Gazza made a statement :-
    It would be an idea to split into separate eBid Stores items that you wish exemption for. If you applied and were accepted and then started listing items in an exempt eBid Store obviously not exemptable then that will cause problems.
    Bunsock and I were merely asking if something alternative could be done. Since when has that become a crime ?

Thread Information