eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Things eBid needs ASAP!!!

Default Re: Things eBid needs ASAP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    That is the title of the video I posted on YouTube a few minutes ago. Feel free to take a look. I think I’m going to get into doing YouTube videos more. It’s a good way to vent. I also think the message will get a cross better if people can hear you voice. Feel free to tell your family, friends, or prefect stranger if you wish.

The actual title is: Things eBid needs to do ASAP!!!
    you really need to remove the video, you look like you've been drinking on it. or on something it is just horrid. it is going to reflect badly on ebid.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

First; It is a bit late now. Any damage has already been done.

Second: Him no care.

Third: The video may have accomplished it's purpose (to reflect badly on eBid)

Fourth: Bottom Line Is, thread response is alot of ado about nothing (the reponse has turned it into "something to be reckoned with")

Fifth: The video(s) most certainly reflect poorly on the OP.

Forum Newbie
    View EndlessFinds's Feedback (+858)
    All-About EndlessFinds
    View EndlessFinds's Listings
    Forum Posts

All the uproar might actually be worse than his vid(s)...
    Embarrassing (to him, not to eBid), YES... "Shocking", NO.... It's not like he filmed himself strangling puppies or biting the heads off of bats...
    Don't think it's going to reflect badly on eBid at all --- most people will watch and then just shake their heads and laugh at his rambling...
    I know it's not the popular opinion around here, but I thought OP raised some good points even if his delivery was questionable...

Endless Finds

http://endless-finds-collectibles.ebid.net/

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessFinds View Post
    Don't think it's going to reflect badly on eBid at all --- most people will watch and then just shake their heads and laugh at his rambling...
    I know it's not the popular opinion around here, but I thought OP raised some good points even if his delivery was questionable...
    My response exactly..............laughed & laughed & laughed........!

Agree, The Weaver did raise some legitimate points, but his delivery mode greatly reduced their receptivity. I have agreed in the past on some of the points he has raised on other threads. Doubt if management is going to be intimidated into responding because of a video. Actually it might draw in new members who press their way over here to check out the circus. Now that is what I call free marketing.

If membership rises sharply because of The Weaver's videos, then so be it. eBid can just put him on staff or under contract. I had advised him some time ago to submit his resume to eBid. Not sure if this recent rant will be viewed as insubordination. But if it results in a member spike, why they might be willing to over look his small indiscretion. :-)

Forum Newbie
    Pembroke Dock, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View CazzasStuckonU's Feedback (+4785)
    All-About CazzasStuckonU
    View CazzasStuckonU's Listings
    Forum Posts

I haven't viewed the vid by weaverboy but by what has already been said on this forum, wouldn't it be fair if Gazza revoked his usage on both the forum and that of eBid itself. I don't have time to watch a crummy vid, I have better things to do like encouraging sales at my stores and encouraging more traders and users to join eBid....

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CazzasStuckonU View Post
    I haven't viewed the vid by weaverboy but by what has already been said on this forum, wouldn't it be fair if Gazza revoked his usage on both the forum and that of eBid itself. I don't have time to watch a crummy vid, I have better things to do like encouraging sales at my stores and encouraging more traders and users to join eBid....
    If you dont have time to watch the crummy vid yet DO have time to read a 6 page forum on it you have more time on your hands then you think you do

You havent viewed the vid only read whats been said on the forum how can the expression 'To be fair' apply and ' revoke his usage' is not actually fair anyway .

I thought it was very funny and self humiliating which in itself is bad enough for him but hes not committed a crime and anyone who did watch it and were shocked needs to get out from behind the pc and into the real world.

So he had a mini rant when drunk ( or maybe not) so what, it was about ebid ..big deal .. ebid is supposed to be up and coming and hot on the heels of the bay if thats the case I am sure it can withstand a lil ole rant vid on youtube which a miniscule amount of folks watched.

I think some folks have forgotten what it was like to be young, impetuous, getting drunk , speaking ones mind and most of all many have forgotten how to laugh... If you arent making your living on here lighten up its only an auction site not a place to have weaverboy tried, convicted and cast out into the wilderness never to darken the screen of ebid again.

Sits back and relaxes cos I do have time to spare even though online sales are my livelihood

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CazzasStuckonU View Post
    I find your judgement here a bit harsh...especially as you didn't watch the video.

Weaverboy went on camera when he was obviously not in the best of health and I personally think that was his only mistake.

I have seen worse videos on youtube and just see the first of weaverboys as an experimental one that maybe should not have been put up at that time.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

With 131 views as of 20 seconds ago I don't beleive this will have any impact whatsoever. I will agree however this should be redone perhaps when Weaverboy isn't sick or had too much Mountain Dew.
    I would suggest a thread with all suggestions we have so we get it all out there for everyone to see.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGrandma View Post
    If you dont have time to watch the crummy vid yet DO have time to read a 6 page forum on it you have more time on your hands then you think you do

You havent viewed the vid only read whats been said on the forum how can the expression 'To be fair' apply and ' revoke his usage' is not actually fair anyway .

I thought it was very funny and self humiliating which in itself is bad enough for him but hes not committed a crime and anyone who did watch it and were shocked needs to get out from behind the pc and into the real world.

So he had a mini rant when drunk ( or maybe not) so what, it was about ebid ..big deal .. ebid is supposed to be up and coming and hot on the heels of the bay if thats the case I am sure it can withstand a lil ole rant vid on youtube which a miniscule amount of folks watched.

I think some folks have forgotten what it was like to be young, impetuous, getting drunk , speaking ones mind and most of all many have forgotten how to laugh... If you arent making your living on here lighten up its only an auction site not a place to have weaverboy tried, convicted and cast out into the wilderness never to darken the screen of ebid again.

Sits back and relaxes cos I do have time to spare even though online sales are my livelihood
    Well said! Life is too short not to have a little chuckle (often) and actively run your business! :-)

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Perhaps Weaverboy is just a bit disappointed at the lack of action and lack new features of ebid.
    I tend to agree with him
    Since I have been on ebid 18 months or so, there has been many small changes and bug fixes, and some cosmetic changes.
    But No major new features (aside from the Ninja)
    And no major marketing initiatives.

Thread Information