Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Things eBid needs ASAP!!!

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Things eBid needs ASAP!!!

Huh...look at that...that many members on this thread...must be something ''negative''...So what is going on...?......

Forum Newbie
    View EndlessFinds's Feedback (+858)
    All-About EndlessFinds
    View EndlessFinds's Listings
    Forum Posts

Whether or not "theweaverboy" had 1 too many "Mountain Dews" before going on his rant, he still raises some good points...
    I'm sure he wishes he would have presented himself a bit better, but he's actually calling out the elephant in the room...
    MY OPINION remains the same --- In order for EBID to grow as a legitimate Auction Site for Buyers and viable alternative to GreedBay for Sellers, Mgmt. needs to implement a few easy and quick changes soon:

1. Although it seems like a minor complaint, please LOSE THE UGLY, OBNOXIOUS "X" at the end of the listing rows --- I think it confuses Buyers. Even if it doesn't confuse them, it still looks like a boot on a turkey. I'm sure a simpler and more elegant solution could be found.
    2. Please add a PROPER MAKE AN OFFER BUTTON. Shouldn't be that hard to implement and it's the Seller's choice if they wish to use it or not. I have a big ticket item for sale right now and a MAKE OFFER option would be a nice feature.
    3. I see that the BID COLUMN POLL thread was abruptly pulled the other day apparently because of some heated debates and name calling... I don't believe in name calling and insults but I respectfully disagree with some of you Old Timers who say it doesn't matter, or "we tried it once years ago so we can't do it again...blah, blah..." We've been selling on the "Dark Side" very successfully for many years and have several high-traffic auctions running over there as I type this... We make money and we're not retail "newbies" by any stretch, so we have just as much credibility as anyone else in these forums.
    Please institute a PROPER BID COLUMN so Customers can feel like they are in on the "action" and so Auction-type Sellers can tailor their business to their own needs. If you're a Fixed Price Seller, then why should it matter to you if there's a Bid Column?

Ebid is going to have problems attracting and retaining Sellers from GreedBay if they don't provide true Auction Site options. Less Sellers translates into less Buyers overall, and that's not good for any of us here is it?

Chris
    Endless Finds

http://endless-finds-collectibles.ebid.net/

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessFinds View Post
    needs to implement a few easy and quick changes soon:
    You've seen the code? You know how it is structured?

In the end eBid is owned by the owners. They are in charge. The rest of us can make suggestions but not demands.

Someone posting complaints about eBid, coherent or not, is bad for every seller here.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Lurker
    View HellsGrandma's Feedback (+443)
    All-About HellsGrandma
    View HellsGrandma's Listings
    Forum Posts

Not that I uphold the drunken rant as such, but in all fairness it was far to slurred for people to really know what the hell he was rambling on about.

It isnt going to have a huge impact on people other than within ebid forums, I mean who is really going to spread the word and tell their friends 'hey go watch weaverboys youtube vid hesdrunk and ranting about ebid' . Yes he was silly in what he did and I am sure he feels suitably foolish and chastised enough by what hes read on the forum so far as to not do it again.

As to EndlessFinds post ...The make an offer button is a double edged sword.. some may see it as the seller feeling he/she has over priced the item and would sell for less ..so why not just list it for less.
    Yes the bay has a best offer option but unless ebid incorporate the accept x amount and decline offers under xx amount you could end up with people making really really silly offers ( i get that over on the Bay ) , then you have to spend your time responding to them with messages to and fro.
    Surely if anyone is open to offers on an item they can just say so in the description on here ?
    You cant do that over on the bay or you get your legs slapped.

I am going to sound really thick here but what is meant by 'a proper bid column' ?
    Having only ever had 1 bid ( a non paying bidder at that ) on an item but it was visible and I thought I had seen other items where if they had a bid it did show that there was a bid.

View Brunwulf's Feedback (+89)
    All-About Brunwulf
    View Brunwulf's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessFinds View Post
    Whether or not "theweaverboy" had 1 too many "Mountain Dews" before going on his rant, he still raises some good points...
    Yes i agree and i would like to see some of the suggested changes implemented but you must remember we are talking about one or two coders here with most of there time spent just keeping the site running day to day.

From my experience eBid usually do eventuality get round to coding, testing, debugging, and then finally implementing the new features we users request. not as fast as we like but that's life, and unless you're verry good at programming and are willing to work for free i don't think we will see it happen any faster than it has in the past.
    More wine please ...

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGrandma View Post
    Not that I uphold the drunken rant as such, but in all fairness it was far to slurred for people to really know what the hell he was rambling on about.

It isnt going to have a huge impact on people other than within ebid forums, I mean who is really going to spread the word and tell their friends 'hey go watch weaverboys youtube vid hesdrunk and ranting about ebid' . Yes he was silly in what he did and I am sure he feels suitably foolish and chastised enough by what hes read on the forum so far as to not do it again.

As to EndlessFinds post ...The make an offer button is a double edged sword.. some may see it as the seller feeling he/she has over priced the item and would sell for less ..so why not just list it for less.
    Yes the bay has a best offer option but unless ebid incorporate the accept x amount and decline offers under xx amount you could end up with people making really really silly offers ( i get that over on the Bay ) , then you have to spend your time responding to them with messages to and fro.
    Surely if anyone is open to offers on an item they can just say so in the description on here ?

I am going to sound really thick here but what is meant by 'a proper bid column' ?
    Having only ever had 1 bid ( a non paying bidder at that ) on an item but it was visible and I thought I had seen other items where if they had a bid it did show that there was a bid.
    Agree, much ado over nothing.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HellsGrandma View Post

This is what eBid has suggested if they implement this option:

Originally Posted by gazza

I think we will keep it simple to start with, no automated offer acceptances etc, it'll all be manual
    a. acceptance of offer
    b. declination of offer
    c. ability to make a single counter offer to the offeror who can accept or decline it.

In the bid history table for multi-item sales we will have to hide the selling price for any previously sold items via offer
    Poll is here:
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...N-OFFER-option

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by damian_steele View Post
    What a shame.

Oh, and while we're all at it, are we going to do the full lynching on this guy, or just the half hour?

Yer can't lynch a blerdy high drunk man, now can you? Ha! Ha! Ha!

Think Jimbo has a point. Mountain Dew is going to get a bad wrap too! Shame on you Weaver Boo Boo!

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

That video is shocking!!!.....I would add some more to this post but I am speechless.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Know something weird, this thread has had at least 682 views but the video on The Tube only about 81. I bet most of the viewers/commenters on the Tube came from here. Best way to cool this off is go & build up your listings or post your own thread. Suesjools is right, alot of ado about nothing.

Thread Information