Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Can Anyone Help or Advise Please....?

Forum Newbie
    View squirrel397's Feedback (+194)
    All-About squirrel397
    View squirrel397's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Can Anyone Help or Advise Please....?

Hi Everyone
    Could anyone please help me to understand the following. I have been listing items now for some 5 weeks since joining ebid, I jumped ship from feebay within the last few days and opened two stores. I only have 13 items between the 2 stores admittedly, but the items are in accurate selling categories, and in the right categories in store. I pay per click through googleAds to direct traffic to my listings, and have received between 40 - 380 views per item. The problem is that I have not received a single bid on any item, I know for sure that all of these would have sold on feebay by now, they are authentic items and they are priced below their market value. I have over 200 positive feedback comments from feebay which have been imported to my ebid. I wonder if anyone can make any helpful suggestions or am I really being impatient?Perhaps I am missing something glaringly obvious.....
    Any suggestions would be very welcome indeed

Thanks so much
    squirrel397

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...tury-pots-plus
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?mo=...llery&sort=0-0

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Can Anyone Help or Advise Please....?

Hi and welcome to eBid.

Just had a look at your About Me page and listings and they look very good to me. Not being a plate collector, I'll refrain from commenting on specifics (as pricing) as I assume you know more about this than I do, though IMHO with the global economy in a rut higher ticket items aren't likely to move as quickly as lower priced ones.

It sounds like you're doing all the right things, listing and promoting your items. I would advise patience and maybe plugging your items on Plug Your Auctions, if you haven't already done so.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    View squirrel397's Feedback (+194)
    All-About squirrel397
    View squirrel397's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dear Suesjools
    Thanks very much for your comments....Yeah I reckon you are right...I will just keep patient and plugging away....I am glad to be here on ebid and I know instinctively that I did the right thing when I moved from the 'other place'
    Cheers
    squirrel397

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

I know for sure that all of these would have sold on feebay by now, they are authentic items and they are priced below their market value.
    Trust me...even Feebay is in the toilet right now for sales. Oh sure, they are getting sales simply because of their huge database, but their sales are down almost 13% so far this month....like Sue said earlier, internet sales all over the world right now are waaaay down...all we can do is hang tight and hope things get better soon.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

When I started selling via the internet, things went very quickly. Now it is very much slower. I think a lot has to do with the cost of postage. So patience is good, but you may want to use other sites to sell as well - but not the same items. That can create problems

Thread Information