eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how we all doing?

Default how we all doing?

HI all,

Just wondering how you all are doing here. I'm not a big seller, just sell a few items and wondering if its worth it for me to pay for the 1 month fee.

The problem i have is that if I dont upgrade, i cant use paypal. But thats all i have.

So i guess I just want to know how people are doing in the sales area? is it worth it?

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: how we all doing?

Hi there
    Some people do very well.
    Others don't.
    It depends on your listings, pricing and presentation etc.

Imho ebid is more suited to the long term serious seller as then the lifetime fee makes sense.

You can still accept Paypal as a payment option if you don't join up, it is just not integrated and you have to send the buyer an invoice with your Paypal details.

Ebid is second on the PSU list.

Hi, I can only speak of our experience here. we joined ebid over 3 years ago and did not upgrade for the first year, we sold nothing, but to be fair we only had about 40 listings. when all the big changes started on the "darkside", we decided to make ebid our home and upgraded. we listed a lot more items and opened our stores. we took notice of the good advice given in the forums, listing buy it now instead of auction style and soon the sales came in. we have nice steady sales, all our feedback is from ebid (not imported from the other side) and our upgrade fee has been a bargain.
    this is a very friendly site with a lot of hobby sellers, the forums are a great source of information and tips. thats our experience, we would say have a look around the site, ask questions (as you already have), do some research. we are in the uk, so maybe crafting is not as popular in USA., but for us it was the right move ......good luck and i hope you make the right choice

Feel free to browse my stores

http://hobbyhabitat.ebid.net All things crafty
    http://plain-and-purl.ebid.net Knitting Patterns
    http://floating-buy.ebid.net Fishing Tackle

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm doing ok; but would like to see brisker sales. eBid is growing in membership & listings, so I am trying to position myself for the growth. I started off by the month, until it dawned on me that I needed more time, and it was going to get expensive. So I upgraded when the $49.99 life time membership was offerred. eBid gave me credit for every monthly fee I had paid, I only had to pay the balance. I have retrieved my fee back many times. You could start at the monthly level, & if you think it would work, go for the life time membership when the promotional sale is offerred again.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysoxy1 View Post
    i take it you work for ebid nice try, this place is dead, no views, no bids, just a sellers graveyard.hope it improves but doubt it
    You can't get views, bids or sales with nothing listed...............being negative here doesn't help anyone. If you aren't happy with the sales you get with nothing listed, then list some more and sell them, as you have in the past!!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bobbysoxy1 View Post
    i take it you work for ebid nice try, this place is dead, no views, no bids, just a sellers graveyard.hope it improves but doubt it
    Yes, last time I checked. The check is still in the mail.

Another toxic tank that needs to descend 6 feet!

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyHabitat View Post
    Hi, I can only speak of our experience here. we joined ebid over 3 years ago and did not upgrade for the first year, we sold nothing, but to be fair we only had about 40 listings. when all the big changes started on the "darkside", we decided to make ebid our home and upgraded. we listed a lot more items and opened our stores. we took notice of the good advice given in the forums, listing buy it now instead of auction style and soon the sales came in. we have nice steady sales, all our feedback is from ebid (not imported from the other side) and our upgrade fee has been a bargain.
    this is a very friendly site with a lot of hobby sellers, the forums are a great source of information and tips. thats our experience, we would say have a look around the site, ask questions (as you already have), do some research. we are in the uk, so maybe crafting is not as popular in USA., but for us it was the right move ......good luck and i hope you make the right choice
    Thanks for this Hobby one of the most intelligent and logical posts I have yet to see in these forums it said a whole lot and is exactly correct!

Hi Bobbysocks, just thought i would enlighten you with a few facts seeing as you posts would indicate you are a bussinessman.
    we used to bulk list on ebay before they put the limits on listing. here are the facts on listing on both sites for us at the moment.
    EBID..we have 1300 plus listings, all at buy it now. listing costs = zero. average weekly sales this year = 10 (we closed for a month while we moved)
    EBAY.... we used to bulk list for free, all items were 99p start. ebay then put a limit of 100 items per month. before the limit we averaged 45 sales per month. (sell rate of approx 8%)
    to list all our items on ebay now would now cost us approx.£500 per month. if our sales rate was the same as before (unlikely, as there are almost twice as many sellers now) we would sell approx 420 lots per month @ 99p = £416. this is obviously before final value fees and paypal charges (most do pay by paypal)
    i think it would be very fair to say that we would be at least £120 per month out of pocket with ebay. it would be even worse if we listed buy it now on ebay (as we do on ebid), our losses would we be at least twice as much.
    i does not take a lot of savvy to realise where the best deal is....EBID.
    we are now retired, we enjoy designing and use ebid as a way of showing our new designs. in the past we have had 3 successful bussinesses, our number 1 rule was "check all the details...does it pay?" rule number 2 was "put your brain in gear before you open your mouth"
    if you want to play the numbers game and knock people with just a few listings i suggest you might play with the idea that they have a good reason for it and have thought out how they wish to proceed.
    this is just my view of things, i,m sure others have theirs.

Feel free to browse my stores

http://hobbyhabitat.ebid.net All things crafty
    http://plain-and-purl.ebid.net Knitting Patterns
    http://floating-buy.ebid.net Fishing Tackle

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HobbyHabitat View Post
    Hi Bobbysocks, just thought i would enlighten you with a few facts seeing as you posts would indicate you are a bussinessman.
    we used to bulk list on ebay before they put the limits on listing. here are the facts on listing on both sites for us at the moment.
    EBID..we have 1300 plus listings, all at buy it now. listing costs = zero. average weekly sales this year = 10 (we closed for a month while we moved)
    EBAY.... we used to bulk list for free, all items were 99p start. ebay then put a limit of 100 items per month. before the limit we averaged 45 sales per month. (sell rate of approx 8%)
    to list all our items on ebay now would now cost us approx.£500 per month. if our sales rate was the same as before (unlikely, as there are almost twice as many sellers now) we would sell approx 420 lots per month @ 99p = £416. this is obviously before final value fees and paypal charges (most do pay by paypal)
    i think it would be very fair to say that we would be at least £120 per month out of pocket with ebay. it would be even worse if we listed buy it now on ebay (as we do on ebid), our losses would we be at least twice as much.
    i does not take a lot of savvy to realise where the best deal is....EBID.
    we are now retired, we enjoy designing and use ebid as a way of showing our new designs. in the past we have had 3 successful bussinesses, our number 1 rule was "check all the details...does it pay?" rule number 2 was "put your brain in gear before you open your mouth"
    if you want to play the numbers game and knock people with just a few listings i suggest you might play with the idea that they have a good reason for it and have thought out how they wish to proceed.
    this is just my view of things, i,m sure others have theirs.
    I think this is a brilliant post and sums it up really well. A definite good read IMO.

Yes, I agree with that too. Personally, all my prints are hand produced so it's simply not practical to load the place up with 1,000+ prints; all I can do is slowly build up the amount of items I offer. After an initial burst of sales things are non existent at the moment, but I'm hoping maybe the build up to Christmas might see some movement.

EBay really isn't a good place for me to try and sell, even though I still do pick up sales over there, but I just don't like using the place.

Thread Information