eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: luvbichon in America....am I in the wrong Country?

Forum Newbie
    View luvbichon's Feedback (+1150)
    All-About luvbichon
    View luvbichon's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile luvbichon in America....am I in the wrong Country?

Is this a special site for the UK? Am I trying to sell in the wrong market? I paid my $50....have been on here for 3 weeks or more trying to sell European beads...cause that's what _bay says I have to call them....have nearly 80 listings and not one sale...even at .50 cents! What am I doing wrong? Have more than 1100 100% positive feedbacks, no neutral or negative on _bay but can't sell my soul.....advice? I'll listen to everyone with any advice...please??? Actually, I'm begging for advice.
    luvbichon (bereavement name for my last bichon frise)....not bitchin....
    Last edited by luvbichon; 25th July 2011 at 04:22 AM. Reason: misspelling

Forum Diehard
    View emporiumdays's Feedback (+94)
    All-About emporiumdays
    View emporiumdays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: luvbichon in America....am I in the wrong Country?

Hi luvbichon...

Your 77 auctions you're currently running have nice clear photos.
    You could increase your sales chances by offering to countries other than just the US and Canada.

Fortunately your items are likely to be a lot cheaper to post overseas than larger items, espeacially if you were able to do so in an 'envelope' rather than a 'parcel' (you'd need to check on the 'size' requirements, ie: thickness limits of envelopes though).

If I were you, I would upload a nice photo for your "All About' page and add some wording to tell everyone about yourself, like why you're here, what you sell and information on your general shipping costs.
    That way you are not just someone that's 'unknown'.
    Join in the forums with any positive thoughts you can muster up - your views are just as valid as anyone else's.

Nothing is a 'sure thing' in this world. You really need to want to do this online selling enough to be able to stick at it.

You have to sustain a positive attitude towards it and not have too high an expectation too quickly.
    Hope this helps you luvbichon.

These are my thoughts...
    Last edited by emporiumdays; 25th July 2011 at 12:20 PM.

Headquarters in the UK, opened to the US three years ago.
    I think you're in the right place.
    Forget anything FeeBay told you, that has nothing to do with eBid. I don't know what a European Bead is, just describe them in more detail.
    Fill out your All About the Seller page, add a picture or logo, tell us enough about yourself to make buyers comfortable and be sure to include your selling and shipping terms and policies.

Three weeks is not very long. It takes a while. I think most buyers are not totally comfortable with sellers that have zero feedback. Not fair but we all had that problem when we started. That's why I think giving more information about yourself will help.

BTW I would take out the statement "No international shipping". As long as you don't offer shipping to another country, buyers there can't see the listing and to me it looks harsh.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luvbichon View Post
    Is this a special site for the UK? Am I trying to sell in the wrong market? I paid my $50....have been on here for 3 weeks or more trying to sell European beads...cause that's what _bay says I have to call them....have nearly 80 listings and not one sale...even at .50 cents! What am I doing wrong? Have more than 1100 100% positive feedbacks, no neutral or negative on _bay but can't sell my soul.....advice? I'll listen to everyone with any advice...please??? Actually, I'm begging for advice.
    Hi luvbichon, nice to meet you. You have already had some good advice but I have a couple of thoughts too. Choose a nice avatar and signature for yourself (with a link to your items for sale) - for folks to remember you by. Use the Plug your Auction Thread to advertise your goodies too - once per 24 hours (see rules). Remember there are buyers as well as sellers in the forum so come on in and join us as Steve says ! The more the merrier. Things are quiet for a lot of us just now, summer holidays, economic situation etc. Best Wishes,

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid.

I agree with the above 110%, selling worldwide increases your market presence and your sales, a good number of my sales have been to overseas customers. Also agree with using Plug Your Auctions and participating in the forums; some eBid members have formed a Facebook group, perhaps you might want to join. You can also post your listings to your Facebook page, (there is a direct link for Facebook posting on each listing).

Above all, as already stated, patience is key. I didn't start out so quickly myself, but am now making fairly regular sales, and between that and the warm and supportive members, I'm very pleased I joined eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Hello luvbichon and welcome

What does your user id mean? Just curious.

Nice items and good clear photos.

I see you have a presence elsewhere (more than just feepay), but I didn't spot a website... maybe missed it.

Why won't you ship overseas? It would help your sales if you did.

More information and possibly more photos on some items to show different views, so that a buyer can get a 3D feel for the items?
    I remember everything, even what happened tomorrow.

games4mac ~ DragonsRest ~ DragonsRest Lounge ~ Windfall

Meet my avatar: Qu the engineer and enchanter. Who else could invent the armour piercing rabbit (can dig holes through anything) and the duck gun (fires rubber ducks)?
    Join me on eBid here.

God bless eBid and all who sale in her!

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by luvbichon View Post
    Hiya - welcome to eBid. The bays rules don't apply here. Read eBid's and keep yourself right. Have a look at some of the other sellers of similar products, see what they're doing. You'll have to have a wee bit of patience selling on here but the sales WILL come. Use Plug Your Auctions (read rules first!) to let us all know what you're selling. And why don't you put a pic of your late Bichon Frise as your avatar? Quite a few of us use pics of pets - that's my boy Mischka in the pic. Also, why don't you import your feedback? Looks better than the zero and dark glasses! Oh yeah! And put a signature link on here so that forum members can have a quick nosey at your auctions if they so desire!

Just had a quick look at your auctions. If someone else has written this by the time I post - apologies. Try running your auctions for 7 days with 10 reposts. They'll get picked up better in search results on Google. Also, by not offering International sales, you're missing out on what could be a huge market! Whatever you do, best of luck to you!
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Keizer, Oregon??????
    Holey-moley! You're just a hop-skip-jump from me...I'm in La Pine, Central Oregon! Nice to see a fellow Oregonian here...well, I'm off to have a look-see at your listings, etc. If I spot anything that hasn't been touched upon here in this thread I'll give you a holler!

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Visited your listings, and they look great! About the only thing I can see is that you're not offering to sell overseas...might reconsider that one. Get a signature link for use here in the forums going, and fix up your All About Me page. As for no sales, don't feel alone. This economy is double-sucking right now and personally I feel it's going to last a lot longer than most people do....so just hang tough...never give up!! as the old saying goes! Best of luck in your new venture!

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

@Luvbichon

I like bichon's too.

You also have to consider the fact it took you 3 years to start listing on ebid.
    So it takes longer for buyers to come over.
    Its a chicken and egg situation, ebid needs more sellers with good prices at good prices, and we need more buyers. The sellers have to come first and then hang in there while the buyers find us.

Thread Information