eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: $100 and up coins bring the in buyer for all price points no matter what the site

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: $100 and up coins bring the in buyer for all price points no matter what the site

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    OK ... I'll take the plunge and jump into this thread.

The OP's original message was about his perceived lack of quality coins on eBid.

I wouldn't know. But, I do think that if someone thinks that there is a lack of something in an eBid category and they have some of those particular widgets to list, why the devil wouldn't they just quietly go about listing and then promote their items?

I don't understand the idea of coming to the forum to grumble about eBid and then insulting the other sellers (and potential buyers). That strategy makes absolutely no sense.

What I do believe, is that eBid needs a wide variety of items (coins and items in other categories as well). eBid needs listings from good sellers, plain and simple. It doesn't matter if they are lower priced or higher priced items.

People have their own preferences about what to buy on the internet. What I want to buy (or choose to sell) isn't necessarily what someone else would choose to buy or sell on-line.

As for how someone runs their own listings or stores, that is their business. If they break one or more of eBid's rules, then it becomes eBid's business. If they don't honour the terms that they've spelled out in their listings, then it's another matter. But, the amount of profit that they make per item is nobody's business but their own.

Yes, eBid needs more buyers, but it also needs one heck of a lot more listings. That's the only way that the site will grow. Hopefully we'll all benefit if we work together to add whatever it is that we have to list and continue to try to increase traffic.

So, I guess that I will have to take some pictures of the coins that I have to list. They might not be high-end enough for some people's taste, but I'll list them anyway. :-)
    Thank you for your sensible post Marie. If you list some silver or gold coins at competitive prices I will be over to take a peek.

Default Re: $100 and up coins bring the in buyer for all price points no matter what the site

The OP's original message was about his perceived lack of quality coins on eBid.

I wouldn't know. But, I do think that if someone thinks that there is a lack of something in an eBid category and they have some of those particular widgets to list, why the devil wouldn't they just quietly go about listing and then promote their items?

I don't understand the idea of coming to the forum to grumble about eBid and then insulting the other sellers (and potential buyers). That strategy makes absolutely no sense.

What I do believe, is that eBid needs a wide variety of items (coins and items in other categories as well). eBid needs listings from good sellers, plain and simple. It doesn't matter if they are lower priced or higher priced items.

People have their own preferences about what to buy on the internet. What I want to buy (or choose to sell) isn't necessarily what someone else would choose to buy or sell on-line.

As for how someone runs their own listings or stores, that is their business. If they break one or more of eBid's rules, then it becomes eBid's business. If they don't honour the terms that they've spelled out in their listings, then it's another matter. But, the amount of profit that they make per item is nobody's business but their own.

Yes, eBid needs more buyers, but it also needs one heck of a lot more listings. That's the only way that the site will grow. Hopefully we'll all benefit if we work together to add whatever it is that we have to list and continue to try to increase traffic.

So, I guess that I will have to take some pictures of the coins that I have to list. They might not be high-end enough for some people's taste, but I'll list them anyway. :-)
    Oooohhhh . . . a breath of fresh air. Thank you.

By the way, the bulk of the coins I listed here were/are under $20, and most of them have sold, so do get yours out there. Five or ten minutes work, and then let them run as long as it takes.

Hi Burgyeb and Tia,

I have managed to sell some coins on eBid in the past year, but don't have much of anything listed in that category right now. My items are ones that I put away over the years and some that belonged to my parents. (Not a serious collection of anything in particular.) I will have to do some research and get busy. lol

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Amen, you are 110% correct!

The seismic shift from coins happened today starting with watermellons. Then from there it moved to business ventures/careers> chocolate> self defense> troll sightings> out of the box mental musing> blades of grass> cost-free inventory (I could use some of that) > Nasville snow in July > miracles for eBid> FULL CIRCUIT all the way back to watermellon and coins.
    Yes...we have everything ''today'' in this post...is just like ''soap drama''........

I hope now we will back to the coins and as usual our ''thinking'' about coins.......

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Golly, and to think the Thread was about COINS. Could it have been about the categiry, listings pricing or was it strickley COINS?

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I actually have coins in a wide price range, and am currently selling some for under $1.00 up through a few hundred dollars. I like a wide range of coins but do tend to favor gold & silver coins of certain denominations. I like to see coins listed that I can not afford; someone can afford it and it is good for eBid. People buy all kinds of coins, whatever kind they like. I had a recent sale of over 100 pennies to one buyer (not rolled/unsearched). So by all means list whatever you have; this is true for all types of inventory.

P.S. I will say this though. IMHO, if we expect eBid to grow into a serious venue for coins, then we probably should be aiming to increase the listing of higher end coins. No offense intended. It's just that I know how serious people are who are high volume buyers of coins. They are looking for certain types of coins. We need more of them and we need more of the lower cost coins, so that a broader range of buyers can be attracted.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Burgyeb and Tia,

I have managed to sell some coins on eBid in the past year, but don't have much of anything listed in that category right now. My items are ones that I put away over the years and some that belonged to my parents. (Not a serious collection of anything in particular.) I will have to do some research and get busy. lol
    If you have coins that belonged to your parents, there could be some very special finds there. You might want to take them to a local shop for an opinion & search for imformation on-line.

View terry5732's Feedback (+1374)
    All-About terry5732
    View terry5732's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just listed more low end junk

Just cheap silver - no gold
    My clutter

I don't play the reserve game

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Silver is greatly under valued now at 43:1 (silver: gold ratio). Historically silver value has reached 16:1 or 17:1 (1980)

Silver tanks during recessions. Many feel silver will get bullish, and actually outperform gold percentage wise. ?? Just When

Silver is spotting @ 43.52/oz last time I looked (up from yesterday)

Forum Newbie
    View DanMart's Feedback (+1202)
    All-About DanMart
    View DanMart's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lightbulb Re: $100 and up coins bring the in buyer for all price points no matter what the site

The bimetallic ratio stopped making sense when we went off a bimetallic monetary system. Then we went to a gold standard, gold exchange
    standard, and now dollar standard. The dollar is tanking so what next? No country will ever go back on a gold standard.
    Gold is high but there are not a lot of buyers, mostly sellers. The price rise is in the financial, commodity trading pits.
    I talk to major bullion dealers and their phone lines are empty.

I am not trying to make trouble. I am trying to make money and eBid.net ain't working for me. Other venues work.

I bought 18 coin lots of fleabay today, zero on ebid. Spent over 3 hours combing fleabay in US, UK, France, Australia.
    Happy with how I spent my time and what I paid.

You posters who will post anything about anything you know nothing about is unusual.

This is a coin forum for a boring coin category on ebid. I am not about to waste my time looking at ebid to buy or to list.
    I know ebid has a long long long long long long way to go.

Maybe when fleabay sellers get 1099 reports also sent to the IRS in January 2012, things might change.

I am in business to make money with coins. I go where I make money.

The sad truth is I only had one inquiry about the coins I listed. Look at my coins, look at them on fleabay, and see the prices and sales
    on the bay.

In the last year I have feedback of over 1000 as a buyer on fleabay. Bought many lots and hoards and other stuff.

MY TIME IS NOT FREE EVEN IF YOU THINK YOURS IS.

Thread Information