eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: $100 and up coins bring the in buyer for all price points no matter what the site

Default Re: $100 and up coins bring the in buyer for all price points no matter what the site

Quote Originally Posted by DanMart View Post
    Sir,
    Why do you take images and list over 100 coins/paper money that you sell for $1.00 and $1.00 shipping?

Is your time worth very little? You are exactly the kinda coin seller that is making it difficult for others to sell more expensive coins.

Basically, you are driving away potential coin buyers who get turned off by zillions of $1.00 coins.

You are not the only one doing this.

It costs $4.00 for many coin dealers to have images taken of the front and back of a coin.

If you work that cheap, I would send you lots of coin to sell if I knew you,
    I think you just went over the line. You're entitled to your opinion, but when you attack another seller, you are WRONG.

This site is big enough to sell items to buyers in ALL PRICE RANGES. If you don't believe that, why don't you stop wasting your valuable time on the eBid forums? None of us are going to leave because of you.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: $100 and up coins bring the in buyer for all price points no matter what the site

Hi Dan,

You actually have gone over the line. Matters not whether what you have been saying is right or wrong true or false. I have given your plight on eBid some thought. You definately have beautiful and in demand coins. So one might ask, "Why aren't those coins selling on eBid"?

Well, you have systematically insulted every single coin seller on eBid, either by telling them their coins are junk or that they are selling on a losing junk venue. Do you really think that 1 person would buy your coins after you insulted them repeatedly? I would be very surprised if they did, no matter what type of coin was being sold.

A person who moves a huge amount of a dollar product in one day, will potentially make alot more money than one who sells zero to 1 product a day at $200. Dollar stores are making more money that their traditional counterparts in many cases.

Now the most serious issue in my opinion of your continual attacks on eBid sellers, is that other sellers and buyers are looking at you instead of your coins. eBid is in need of reputable, honest sellers who offer genuine high end coins, so that buyers can buy with confidence. If you attack and alienate potential buyers then they will buy from other sellers, including sellers who are not reputable or honest, and who run fraudulent auctions.

The link below demonstrates that buyers on eBid are willing to spend large sums of money to acquire the coins that they want. The thread also demonstrates why eBid is in need of reputable sellers with authentic products and legitimate auctions.

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.php?153470-Finaklly!-Sweet!-Finally-Broke-Through-The-Selling-Barrier
    !

There is room on eBid for sellers in all price ranges, because there are buyers in all price ranges. If coins that sell for $1.00 are being purchased that speaks for itself and is the end of the story. At this point I do not know what to say to you. You seem more bent on attacking eBid sellers than selling your coins. The only possible explanation would be that you are on commission/staff with the Bay. As outrageous as that sounds, I can not think of any other explanation as to why you would sabbotage your own sales potential on eBid. You would be better off simply leaving eBid, then continuing in this manner.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sir,
    Why do you take images and list over 100 coins/paper money that you sell for $1.00 and $1.00 shipping?

Is your time worth very little? You are exactly the kinda coin seller that is making it difficult for others to sell more expensive coins.

Basically, you are driving away potential coin buyers who get turned off by zillions of $1.00 coins.

You are not the only one doing this.

It costs $4.00 for many coin dealers to have images taken of the front and back of a coin.

If you work that cheap, I would send you lots of coin to sell if I knew you,
    Well…’’Sir’’…’’why I take the images and list over 100 coins/paper money…’’?....I do that because I hopping I will sell that stuff for price I put on it….this is ‘’public’’ auction site and anybody can list own items for price whatever he like….and I am not ‘’professional’’ coin dealer and for most of my stuff what I am selling I not pay nothing so for that reason I list in here much cheaper most of my stuff just to help potential buyers to buy from me cheaper…and for ‘’zillions’’ of $1.00 coins in here or anywhere on any auction site I think true collector or the buyer who are interested only in high price stuff will not look cheap coins and will type in search box high priced coins and any auction site will show him only high priced coins and that mean my coins and all other ‘’zillions’’ of coins for cheap price selling will go away and collector’s will see on the top of own computer screen only high priced coins like yours…So how I or any seller who selling cheap coins can drive away the buyers in that way…?....In the end yes I work for cheap because like I say for most of my items I not pay nothing so I sell for cheap too I am not so greedy I just try to help my buyers to buy from me cheaper…AMEN……

P. I am very understanding person and I wish you good luck for selling in here your items, just list your items and let’s roll….and by the way if in any case you can send me your coins I WILL sell this your stuff for cheap price too….I don’t care….just keep rolling….in selling business I think don’t exist not much ‘’philosophy’’, just put your own price….sell it…and go for another items…and another items…and another items….....

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

What's not to trust about Dzambo? Any man who works his tail off like this gentleman does, with a positive attitude, and the even harder job of doing it not in his native language, is obviously not out to scam anyone. Scams usually involve large sums of money. Dzambo has shown he is here for the long haul. I'd trust him to sell my coins if that were my area of business.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Forum Newbie
    View DanMart's Feedback (+1202)
    All-About DanMart
    View DanMart's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    What's not to trust about Dzambo? Any man who works his tail off like this gentleman does, with a positive attitude, and the even harder job of doing it not in his native language, is obviously not out to scam anyone. Scams usually involve large sums of money. Dzambo has shown he is here for the long haul. I'd trust him to sell my coins if that were my area of business.
    DUH

You send him $1000 or ???

With his attitude that his time is worth as little as spending 15 minutes to list $1.00 coin plus $1.00 for shippping,
    something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

That means his time is worth less than minimum wage!

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

C’mon ‘’Dan’’ pull yourself together…if I count like you count I must have old phone line Internet acces and regular non digital camera, but in ''my count'' I need 1 min. to list 1 item I work for $1.00 for time of 1 min. ......So I don’t think minimum wages is $480.00 for 8 hours regular work…...if somebody pay me for listing time......

P.S. By the way I am interested in some of your ''coins'' but I can pay you only $0.10 because I going to resell this for $1.00......good day to you....

DUH

You send him $1000 or ???

With his attitude that his time is worth as little as spending 15 minutes to list $1.00 coin plus $1.00 for shippping,
    something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

That means his time is worth less than minimum wage!
    I noticed both you and DZAMBO have both been here the same amount of time..... you have 1202 feedbacks and DZAMBO has 135 feedback..... The difference is ALL of your feddbacks (apart from the one negative) have been imported (in otherwords, it would appear you have only sold 1 item (the negative) since you joined, where as DZAMBO's feedbacks are all sales on here.... I think that proves who sells more on here... Alright they might not be mega bucks but they ARE sales none the less

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Two men decided to rent a truck and drive down to Tennesse and buy watermelons to sell. They load up the truck with 10,000.00 watermelons and pay the farmer $10,000.00. They drive back to Chicago and sell the watermelons for $1.00 each on the street corners of the city. Within a week they have sold every watermelon. They count up their money and discover they have the same amount that they started with. The one guy looks at the other and says "see I told you we should have gotten a bigger truck"!

Appears to be some of the logic I have seen in the forums.

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Two men decided to rent a truck and drive down to Tennesse and buy watermelons to sell. They load up the truck with 10,000.00 watermelons and pay the farmer $10,000.00. They drive back to Chicago and sell the watermelons for $1.00 each on the street corners of the city. Within a week they have sold every watermelon. They count up their money and discover they have the same amount that they started with. The one guy looks at the other and says "see I told you we should have gotten a bigger truck"!

Appears to be some of the logic I have seen in the forums.
    One man decided to rent a truck and drive down to Tennessee and pick up owed money for the things which not invest any personal money. Peoples don’t have money but have other stuff which he can sell, so he load up the truck with 10,000.00 worth of things and pay absolutely nothing and $10,000.00. Is the way over how much peoples owed him for other thing He drives back to Chicago and sell all things for $1.00 each on the street corners of the city. Within a week he has sold every thing. He just says after: I pay low rent fees and some of money from gas I pull out 90% from this $10,000.00 but how much peoples owed him money this is 3 times higher what he do and charges peoples for that and again says for yourself what I am told you ‘’Capitalism’’ always has ‘’pay back’’ one or another way….AMEN…...

P.S. My Friend ‘’All’’…$49.49 this is you’re ‘’Target’’….just try to catch this amount in here first….and ‘’AFTER’’ that me and you going to talk about ‘’logic’’…I still like you…and by the way I hope you can sell some of you’re ‘’hats’’ in here too…...

Based on your posts, Dan, you apparently work very slowly.

With a digital camera or a scanner, and the software that's now available, photos of coins are fast and easy. A $4.00 charge for pictures of both sides boggles my mind.

Coin descriptions are cut and dried. No research needed.

Coin values are readily available, so the prices are easy to set.

You're projecting your speed to other people. I think Dzambo's estimate of his time is much more accurate than yours, and much closer to my experience.

Someone made the comparison to a dollar store; very apt. I spend a lot more of my disposable income on low-value items than high-value ones.

I asked a question before that you haven't answered. You frequently mention how valuable your time is. Why are you willing to spend so much of it here on the eBid forums, antagonizing and insulting other sellers?

Thread Information