eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: $100 and up coins bring the in buyer for all price points no matter what the site

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: $100 and up coins bring the in buyer for all price points no matter what the site

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Coins…coins…coins…Auction site is not about only for one particular item likes coins….and by the way for how much you selling yours coins I don’t see any problem why you not try on other all auction sites or where buyers have much more traffic…...
    Absolutely. Not only are coins in general not the only item that drives an auction site; but neither does a particular type of coin drive an auction site. There are just too many different types of people looking for all sorts of things. I will say this though, although I have 4 different stores, I rarely buy anything on eBid except coin because that is really my true sole interest. When I go to other sites, I am rarely seeking anything other than coins or collectibles. That is fine, because the same thing is true for every body else who is seeking whatever they want or need. For a certain group of folk, it is indeed coins, coins, coins. And this thread is coincentric.

Coins are critical as a buyer draw because they can bring in big dollars. True coin collectors are willing to pay mad money for coins, so it is very important to be able to attract this group of buyers.

The only time I deviate from my buying pattern is for charity auctions (YDC).

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: $100 and up coins bring the in buyer for all price points no matter what the site

Yep...True coin collector's are willing to pay ''mad money''...I hope some of like this people will throw in ''mad money' in charity auctions YDC too......personally for me I like to have or collect some stuff but never ever in my life I will throw in ''mad money'' for any collections...cheap small amount of the money that's ok but big money for stuff and like this stuff is going just to sit down in my place no way...many people throw in very big money for various stuff and most of time like this peoples not even rich, so for time in the future many use credit just to survive and pay regular bills I never understand that...I learn many things from my ex-country before where is civil war and after time comes where many stuff and many things in the house not play any role for surviving and after all people need to eat and any stuff collectibles or shinny things people just throw out almost for nothing and give for food and to survive...and in that time who have the money is the king even gold not play much role or gold go for very small amount of the money because people know exactly you are hungry and no way out so you not can eat gold or shinny stuff just like this peoples take avantage from that...and even for hard smoking peoples who have car and no money just give the whole car in good conditions for couple stack of cigarettes...and many, many other stuff I see where expensive shinny stuff and expensive collectibles not important in the personal life because you never no what is going to happened in the future....but in the end I understand anybody who like to throw in mad money for stuff but not me no way.......couple hundreds or thousand $$$ for coins is not work for me because with that money I can survive much much much longer from instead to have that particular coins in my place and without money...again you never know what waiting for you in the future...AMEN...

Forum Newbie
    View DanMart's Feedback (+1202)
    All-About DanMart
    View DanMart's Listings
    Forum Posts

Coins…coins…coins…Auction site is not about only for one particular item likes coins….and by the way for how much you selling yours coins I don’t see any problem why you not try on other all auction sites or where buyers have much more traffic…...
    This forum thread is ABOUT COINS, bub.

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

1. Yes, but I see you already write before ‘’ Free listings and a 2% fvf isn’t free if my time is worth more than nothing.’’
    2. So I see you already write too many threads about coins no sales, no this, no that…and top of that you spend probably your own time very much just to write thread after thread , so I don’t understand your own time like you say more worth from listing own items without sales but I can see threads is not you spend probably more time writing threads instead of listing…in my opinion listing and promotion your own item in the forum will help you but writing threads about sales of coins in this site is not going to help you…is just my opinion and I know from my experience if person try a less to promote own items I mean ‘’promote’’ not writing about sales and if list day to day more and more in this site I think that person has much more chances to sell something from instead writing threads after threads…again is just my opinion no offense…I wish you good sales in the future…...

P.S Just wait and let see will you have more sales from listing new items and promotions...and just wait and let see if you going to have more sales from writing threads after threads for about sales of coins,or anything around coins......

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yep...True coin collector's are willing to pay ''mad money''...I hope some of like this people will throw in ''mad money' in charity auctions YDC too......personally for me I like to have or collect some stuff but never ever in my life I will throw in ''mad money'' for any collections...cheap small amount of the money that's ok but big money for stuff and like this stuff is going just to sit down in my place no way...many people throw in very big money for various stuff and most of time like this peoples not even rich, so for time in the future many use credit just to survive and pay regular bills I never understand that...I learn many things from my ex-country before where is civil war and after time comes where many stuff and many things in the house not play any role for surviving and after all people need to eat and any stuff collectibles or shinny things people just throw out almost for nothing and give for food and to survive...and in that time who have the money is the king even gold not play much role or gold go for very small amount of the money because people know exactly you are hungry and no way out so you not can eat gold or shinny stuff just like this peoples take avantage from that...and even for hard smoking peoples who have car and no money just give the whole car in good conditions for couple stack of cigarettes...and many, many other stuff I see where expensive shinny stuff and expensive collectibles not important in the personal life because you never no what is going to happened in the future....but in the end I understand anybody who like to throw in mad money for stuff but not me no way.......couple hundreds or thousand $$$ for coins is not work for me because with that money I can survive much much much longer from instead to have that particular coins in my place and without money...again you never know what waiting for you in the future...AMEN...
    Amen. This is one coin buyer and seller who has a track record of throwing a bit of "mad money" at YDC auctions for charity

Survival (physiological needs) is the first, most basic and greatest need. Maslow defines 5 levels of human need:

* Phyiological (food, water, survival)
    * Safety (employment, resources)
    * Love/belonging (friends, family, intimacy)
    *Esteem (self esteem, confidence, achievement, respect for self and others)
    *Self-Actualization (creativity, spontaneity, problem solving, philanthropy (the art of giving generously)

A person can not move to higher levels along the needs spectrum until their needs are met at the more basic level

People involved in coin collecting are usually operating at the need levels of esteem and/or self actualization. Coin collecting is often referred to as "the hobby of kings". They have disposible cash to dispense with; or they value the intrinsic things of life more than the basic things of life. It is a matter of personal choice. Do whatever rocks your boat!

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

You are absolutely right a 100%...AMEN to that…....I just express my personal opinion for about buying anything in here in USA and I see this day’s very high personal debt for U.S. consumers and I know for many personal wages is too low to buying all around things which is not important for living things…but many buy it and charge on C.C. and don’t pay full amount from how much spend in particularly month…but in that way is very easy to buy all things all around but still you owe this spending money for about anything doesn’t matter what….In the end many collectible buyers has money no questions about that but from all officials numbers from personal debt this percentage is very small in here in my opinion…and by the way thanks for reply…...

Forum Newbie
    All-About DanMart
    View DanMart's Listings
    Forum Posts

Coins are a luxury good and coin collecting was once considered the hobby of kings so it is not for everybody.

Yes, coins are not a necessity but in these uncertain economic times, some folks would rather how hard assets such as gold or silver coins that
    paper money

Gold never trades for less than it's intrinsic value

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi DanMart

I have just noticed a thread on here about two buyers who bought some silver bullion or coins from an ebid seller and they have not go their items yet.

One said they paid $1,000, the other $3,000 !

This is a shame, but it does show that people do buy high priced items on ebid.
    (I would not have believed it though)

Forum Newbie
    All-About DanMart
    View DanMart's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Hi DanMart

I have just noticed a thread on here about two buyers who bought some silver bullion or coins from an ebid seller and they have not go their items yet.

One said they paid $1,000, the other $3,000 !

This is a shame, but it does show that people do buy high priced items on ebid.
    (I would not have believed it though)
    Julie, excellent point. I tell people to buy from a full time professional coin dealer who has a long history, a reputation to protect and

references you can check if you wish. There are plenty of reputable sellers of everything on all sites.

If a deal is too good to be true, then maybe it is too good to be true. You commented upon my prices. Well, my prices

are not super cheap, but fair market prices.

My coins have a lifetime guaranty for authenticity.

I can provide professional trade references in all 50 USA states, 30+ countries.

When you need a plumber, electrician, doctor, dentist, you do go to a PROFESSIONAL, don't you?

Buyers can ask questions before they buy.

And get a phone number and call.

Forum Newbie
    All-About DanMart
    View DanMart's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sir,
    Why do you take images and list over 100 coins/paper money that you sell for $1.00 and $1.00 shipping?

Is your time worth very little? You are exactly the kinda coin seller that is making it difficult for others to sell more expensive coins.

Basically, you are driving away potential coin buyers who get turned off by zillions of $1.00 coins.

You are not the only one doing this.

It costs $4.00 for many coin dealers to have images taken of the front and back of a coin.

If you work that cheap, I would send you lots of coin to sell if I knew you,

Thread Information