eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: $100 and up coins bring the in buyer for all price points no matter what the site

Forum Newbie
    View DanMart's Feedback (+1202)
    All-About DanMart
    View DanMart's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default $100 and up coins bring the in buyer for all price points no matter what the site

I buy quite a bit on fleabay because they have the big selection I need to find the coins I want.

eBid has almost nothing I want so I don't shop here. The selection of coins on eBid is lacking in quality.

Take a look at the fleabid coin listings and you will see the difference. You may pick half cents, Morgan dollars, proof sets, British pennies,
    whatever. No comparison.

I posted about 40 nice items on eBid and not even one question so far. These are coins that are hot, in demand anywhere and everywhere,
    both on different sites and sell in many different countries.

eBid simply does not get enough traffic, enough hits.

Free listings and a 2% fvf ain't free if my time is worth more than nothing.

Default Re: $100 and up coins bring the in buyer for all price points no matter what the site

I got curious and checked out a couple of the Chinese panda coins you have listed.

I found both of them for sale on other sites, in the same original capsule as yours, for a lower price. Could this be part of the problem?

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: $100 and up coins bring the in buyer for all price points no matter what the site

This is just a common sense statement that DanMart has been making-saying.... and he really is correct.
    There are NO excuses for this site to be Dead !!(except below).
    Again... eBid uppers do Not understand the public online auction community !!
    There MUST BE a Bid Column here... or nothing anyone does will Bring in Traffic, nothing.

Bid Column where are you
    Sellers are Loosing money here by not having a chance to really auction items.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Again.. again.. eBid.net needs a Bid Column !
    When scrolling Categories and their sub-cats, lookers need to be able to see a Bid Column.....
    Bids attract eyes which can bring more bids and higher selling prices.
    *****************This is a simple fix to bring action to eBid.net************************

Word spreads about the bid column.. sellers will come and take a look, then buyers will come.
    We need Class sellers to offer more here than they currently offer because of the lack of action.
    The Bid Column would need to be announced two weeks before it is implemented, to give a heads up to members and lookers.

Forum Newbie
    All-About DanMart
    View DanMart's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is always somebody who sells something too cheap on feebay and you don't know the quality or even if it is genuine.

I have a lifetime guarantee for authenticity and worked for an official distributor for 10+ years.

Also, buyers of this stuff want to bargain, haggle, so it makes no sense to come out of the box with your best, lowest price.

I think I know what I am doing by now.

Since 1989 I have sold more than one or two silver Pandas.

My point is we need lookers, people to make offers

Bids don't mean anything unless we get peole to make bids or offers

A bid column won't help as we have little coins worthy of anybody making bids on,,, no bidders on the coins we have

So sorry

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes I wonder if ebid brought back the bid column would it

a. bring in more sellers and buyers ?
    b. drive sellers away if there are no bids seen ?

That is the million dollar question.

Personally I think its worth another try.
    It could only adversely affect auction sellers, and of course nowadays these are only a small percentage of auction site listings.
    And of course as said above it could attract a lot more auction sellers and buyers ?

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I got curious and checked out a couple of the Chinese panda coins you have listed.

I found both of them for sale on other sites, in the same original capsule as yours, for a lower price. Could this be part of the problem?
    I saw a seller on eBid selling Pandas real cheap, and getting bids. I suspected seriously that they may be the medals or copy coins. I would not be comfortable bidding on them. There is a huge problem with fake coins in hot markets. I am usually more comfortable getting high end coins directly from the mint or from sellers who are authorized dealers with world mints, and have proven track records for selling authentic items. I have dealt directly with various mints. Also have identified a few sellers that I feel comfortable with the quality & authenticity of the product line they offer.

Before I buy or sell coins, I search closed listings on the Bay and eBid. I would venture to say there is not one coin being sold on eBid that a search would not produce a large number of running or closed auctions on the Bay. I have seen coins and entire estates started for a penny on the Bay & get bid up for thousands and even tens of thousands of dollars. Also have seen coins being sold for the cost of a house.

All buyers are not interested in the same type of coins. There are no right or wrong coin types because there are people out there who are interestedin those coins. I would be willing to wager a coin or coins worth up to $100 to anyone who thinks I could not identify at least 10,000 higher end coins with a start bid of 1 penny to 99 cents on the Bay.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

There was one coin I tried to find on the Bay recently, and was not able to find in active or closed listing. I had purchased a Battle Creek Collection Morgan Silver Dollar (graded by NGC) with star designation, from an eBid seller some time ago. I saw a few for sale on the Bay at the time. There are only 1601 of those coins in the world.

Forum Newbie
    All-About DanMart
    View DanMart's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would like to see 10 competitors listing the same silver Pandas and same Australian silver lunar coins that I have listed on eBid.
    That would show buyers are interested. Alas, I am the only seller so nobody cares to come and look, a waste of time on my part.
    Same as when I joined years ago.
    Show me the money.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Coins…coins…coins…Auction site is not about only for one particular item likes coins….and by the way for how much you selling yours coins I don’t see any problem why you not try on other all auction sites or where buyers have much more traffic…...

Thread Information