Thread: Newsletter

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Newsletter

The May 2011 Newsletter has just arrived in my inbox.

It gets better each time it comes. Great!

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Newsletter

Not at mine, again!

Forum Saint
    North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
    View Tiskets's Feedback (+1051)
    All-About Tiskets
    View Tiskets's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SherMari View Post
    Not at mine, again!
    Here you are SherMari - Have this on me, if no-one objects, of course.

Welcome to our May Newsletter
    1. News from Gazza
    2. Ne'er cast a clout!
    3. Stargazer Buddy
    4. Where in the World?
    5. Competition Time
    6. Hints & Tips
    Where else can you find Zero Listing Fees for Life for £49.49 (incl. free t-shirt)?
    Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime today. One-off payment £49.49</SPAN>eBidder derene8187 in Stanmore, Middlesex, UK is excited about appearing on our hot sellers list, and would like to thank all her buyers, so we're happy to help her do that: "Yay! I finally made it to the front page "Hot Sellers List!" Right on the end and keeping great company with my good friend "Huddylion", Big thanks to my wonderful buyers for transporting me there. Wishing everyone a fabulous day too with loads of sales! "

News from Gazza

• 4,044,338 Live Auctions
    • 19,259 eBid Stores Live New Record
    Firstly, a quick "hi" to the thousands and thousands of you who have joined us in the past month from other marketplaces. It's great to have you all on board with us. We've been incredibly busy at HQ preparing the next set of updates and keeping the site running smoothly. We pride ourselves on keeping in touch with all our customers via the forums, Facebook and Twitter, as well as this newsletter. We know you're going to be pleased with the updates and developments that are coming, many of which are thanks to the great ideas and discussions from the eBid forum community. We really do appreciate all your suggestions, so keep them coming via our Website Suggestions Forum, and we promise we'll continue to do our best to incorporate the best ideas just as soon as we can.

Just some of our updates:
    • NEW - Added Amazon Payments to the list of integrated payment processors
    • NEW - Add "u:" before a username in big search box to search users auctions
    • NEW - Added Calculated Shipping to eBid Canada for Canada Post
    • NEW - Failure to respond to 5 Q&A nudges will result in 24hr countdown to auction being removed.
    • UPDATE - Added facility to add ISBN/UPC codes on intital Sell pageNEW - Integrated Checkout now handles payments via Amazon Payments
    • UPDATE - Australia added to Google Shopping uploads
    • UPDATE - Changed email sent out when a Fixed Price item is closed/ends
    • UPDATE - Added "Copy to User" and "Copy to All" links on Add Feedback page to allow for copy of rating and comments to others in list

Ne'er cast a clout!
    Here we are almost through May, and June is rapidly approaching. Do you believe the the old saying "ne'er cast a clout till May be out"? Opinions vary on if it's the month of May, or the may blossom on the hawthorn tree that needs to be out, but since hawthorn blooms in May the timing doesn't alter very much. As for ne'er cast a clout that just means don't shed any clothing (clout is an old English word for apparel). It's not reliably warm in Britain until May is done and dusted, (one way or another), and plenty of people would probably say it never is! But we've got a solution, you can cast as many clouts as you like, then buy some new ones to take their place and refresh your wardrobe in the process. eBid worldwide has over one hundred and fifty thousand listings in Clothing, Shoes & Accessories. Sections include dancewear, designer, vintage and more. More clouts than you could possibly wear in a month... even May.
    Hawthorn trivia: Hawthorn is the state flower of Missouri, USA; Mount Hawthorn is a suburb of Perth, Western Australia, Mike Hawthorn was a British racing driver; you can search for "hawthorn" on eBid; you might be surprised what you find.

Stargazer Buddy

Following the massive popularity of this item last time out, we've launched another fantastic buddy auction for a Celestron Astromaster 130EQ telescope.
    If you haven't yet investigated your My Buddy Points page then take a look now and see how you can start earning buddy points to spend on great items like the Curve. Recent giveaways to members with Buddy Point winning bids include:
    user: Jimbo750 > BlackBerry Curve 8520 Smartphone - Black - Sim Free (39289699)
    user: kaazoom > De'Longhi EC710 Espresso/Cappuccino Maker (39096198)
    user: Kedo > Canon PIXMA MX870 Wireless Office All-in-One Printer (38742353)

See the items up for grabs that can be won with nothing more than your Buddy Points at the eBid Official Store
    Buddy Points are earned by referring your buddies and friends. Once they join you will earn 1 point for each. If they then upgrade to SELLER you will earn another, if they upgrade to SELLER+ you will earn 2 points. Points can be earned for buying and selling also.
    For more help and information, visit our Buddy Points help page.

Where in the World
    Wherever you are in the world, we'd like to see you showing off your eBid branded goodies. Got a great picture of yourself in your eBid t-shirt or cap, or hiding under your brand new eBid umbrella? We'd love to see it. What's more, we're offering three bonus buddy points for every picture we get. Just send your picture to support@ebid.net, along with your eBid user name, and details of where the picture was taken. Every qualifying picture will be added to our Facebook photograph album, and we'll add three points to your buddy account.

Competition
    Welcome once again to the eBid Newsletter Competition. Congratulations go to kaylacrafts in Bideford, Devon, UK who knew Jacob Roggeveen encountered Easter Island 1722. One eBid Goody Bag AND an Apple 2GB iPod Shuffle will be winging your way soon!
    So now for this month's question: What is the state flower of Missouri? Is it a) Blackthorn b) Rose or c) Hawthorn?

Your entries must include the following details:
    1. Answer to the competition question
    2. Your eBid username
    3. Name and address for sending out any prizes
    Incomplete entries will be automatically deleted. Closing date 15th June 2011. Email answers to competitions@ebid.net

eBid Hints & Tips
    We want to help you get the most from eBid, of course, so we offer an occasional series of hints and tips for using eBid as a buyer and a seller.

Buyers check out the "closing" tab on the front page to see items that are ending soon.

Sellers click on "filter by" on your Sold summary page to choose what status you want to view.

Until next month,
    Gazza & Mark
    eBid Newsletter is produced by Kimbo!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Got mine's as well! Great job Bykimbo as usual. eBid is growing in leaps and bounds.

Thanks for reposting the newsletter here. When it arrived in my inbox, the font size was too small to read. (I'd estimate 3 or possibly 4 point type, compared to the typical 10 point minimum I use.) If the authors insist on making it so small, I would ask them to please provide a link to an on-line version.
    steeplecab

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am sure we were told there would be NO MAY news letter.....????....I am certain someone asked about it and was tol there would be none ???.......papa.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by papagran40 View Post
    I am sure we were told there would be NO MAY news letter.....????....I am certain someone asked about it and was tol there would be none ???.......papa.
    There was no APRIL newsletter sent out.

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

oooooooppppppsssss..........papa....well I was close....??

Congratulations to Australian sellers - you will be able to take advantage of Google shopping/products uploads without the problems I've had in France!

Thread Information