Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Legal Working Hours

Default Legal Working Hours

What are the maximum legal working hours of a part timer who's contract say's 18hrs guaranteed. Have found out earlier that the company I'm working for has put me down to work 50hrs week commencing 13th June
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Default Re: Legal Working Hours

Great stuff Craig.Looks like they want you full time.You must be doing a good job.Don't forget to declare it as it will efect housing benifet etc.Might be amount earned not hours.Not sure.

Reincarnation is just another repeat

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    What are the maximum legal working hours of a part timer who's contract say's 18hrs guaranteed. Have found out earlier that the company I'm working for has put me down to work 50hrs week commencing 13th June
    No idea on maximum, but personally think that in the current climate that a job is a job, and if you can do it (8.5 hours a day over 6 days) then do it. Loads of people out there would simply love a job.

It would seem that 48 hours is the maximum an employer can make some one work. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employme...ff/DG_10029426

You can opt out of the 48 hour week though, explained in link

Ok thanks Sarah, just wondering what the hours were as Mon-Thurs I'm doing 32hrs and Fri & Sat 18hrs. Just wondered if 50hrs was the norm for hotel work when being asked to work those hours.

Spyder it's a 1 off as the other night receptionist is on holiday that week
    Don't walk in front of me..I may not follow-don't walk behind me..I may not lead-just walk beside me and be my friend.
    Albert Camus

PERSONAL RECORD SET
    27hours 30minutes without sleep

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

maggy thatcher gave much benefits to working weeks to small employers!

Forum Saint
    View papagran40's Feedback (+261)
    All-About papagran40
    View papagran40's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good Morning Craig , I had a feeling that a full week was 40 hours , but that might well depend on the particular job ?....but no matter what it is....if they want you to do it , grab it with both hands...there does seem to be a shortage of lobs out there , so do not turn it down ....and as Spyder says , tell the benefits lot and any other benefits you might be claiming.....do not get in to any bother.....well done and go for it.........papa.

Quote Originally Posted by craig7501 View Post
    Ok thanks Sarah, just wondering what the hours were as Mon-Thurs I'm doing 32hrs and Fri & Sat 18hrs. Just wondered if 50hrs was the norm for hotel work when being asked to work those hours.

Spyder it's a 1 off as the other night receptionist is on holiday that week
    Might be a 1 off but the benefits people will not look at it like that, benefit fraud can get you a few years inside, I know someone who has been sent down for 2 years for not declaring new hours which took her over the housing benefit threshold

Yep one of or nor you still have to tell them.They might be reading this or someone reading this might tell them.Not a good idea to put things like this on a public forum mate.Along with other info you have put on here some nasty person could have a field day.Hate for that to happen just when things are going well for you.Might be that the hotel are also trying you out to see how keen you are and good things will come out of it.Well done for making a good impression.But be carefull of what you say.

And i wish you well as well

Thread Information