Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Ebid Convert!

Forum Newbie
    Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    All-About BeatTheHighStreet
    View BeatTheHighStreet's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default New Ebid Convert!

Hi everyone...decided to bit the bullet and join ebid, as feebay was killing me with fees etc

Are there any of you who could offer some advice? should i take the same approach as with ebay?
    I understand things may be slow at first but doing some research i have come acorss a lot of people who say ebid is a waste of time...i really hope not!

Any success stories out there? Any tips?

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: New Ebid Convert!

Hi and welcome

My advice is to read the forums as there is plenty of information on getting the best out of ebid.

If you do find yourself with a problem, ask here and someone will help you.

If you have paid the seller plus fee you will have 5 stores and no more fees. But take advantage of the gallery photo which incurs a 2% final valuation fee - but only when you make the sale.

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

Hi, i see!

So if i dont offer postage to other countries my listing doesnt get diplayed there? Am i right?

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, Welcome to the Forum, I am not understanding "new convert" as you joined Mar 09?
    I don't think the eBay approach would help here to be honest - this is a unique & totally different environment.
    Astral produced some How to tips if you would like to look there. Good Luck.

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

Thankyou! I havent entered into a paid subscription just yet as i am merely testing out the waters, but im hoping to be in the position to do so soon...fingers crossed!

Forum Newbie
    Forum Posts

Hi, yes i joined both ebay and ebid at that point but only recently started using ebid as although i was selling a lot on ebay, the fees were eating away at my profit.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheHighStreet View Post
    Hi, yes i joined both ebay and ebid at that point but only recently started using ebid as although i was selling a lot on ebay, the fees were eating away at my profit.
    Here are some ideas I posted to someone earlier today - I hope you might find something in there to help...
    Run Until Sold - don't get seen much - they are back of the list for viewing. List for 7 or 10 days with 10 automatic relists and that way they will be seen more frequently.
    Consider upgrading to Seller+ - most Buyers prefer a Gallery picture when browsing. Well worth the one-off investment - I soon got mine back.
    Choose an Avatar and a Signature for yourself: something for folks to remember you by. (Link to your auctions attached to your Sig.)
    Join in Forum discussions - get to know folks & they you - remember there are Buyers as well as Sellers there.
    Join in monthly Charity Auction - (see YDC 88 thread) - gets fun, experience, money to a good cause and feedback started.
    Plug your Auctions once a day (see rules) - only allowed one plug a day. Delete old thread before starting a new one.
    Right, you've had your coffee - time to get moving & sort it all out maybe ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Good luck, I wish you many sales and lots of new friends and customers.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BeatTheHighStreet View Post
    Hi, i see!

So if i dont offer postage to other countries my listing doesnt get diplayed there? Am i right?
    Yes, that's right and welcome

Forum Lurker
    View dawn0409's Feedback (+884)
    All-About dawn0409
    View dawn0409's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, and welcome to Ebid!
    I have been a member here since February this year, but only started to list in March, I also sell on Ebay, I think you will find Ebid is an easy site to navigate and the forums which are open to all members, buyers and sellers, are full of really useful information and lots of friendly people with good advice.

So far I have sold two items, and I am basically taking the same approach to listing as I do on my other sites, I think the main thing to remember is that Ebid is not advertised or as well known as Ebay so the volume of traffic is far less, however, saying that, you are listing as buy it now which will show your items on google search and therefore as long as your products are sort, its just a matter of time.

I took a look at your listings and the pictures look great, for the ladies dress, I think you could add a little more content on the description, i.e. I would like to know the measurements of the dress, length etc, it might also be good to let your customers know your returns policy.

For what its worth I would continue to list on other media until Ebid gives you a return, which Im sure it will! Personally I don't believe Ebid is a waste of time, but its a bit of a slow burn, list as many items as you can to gain maximum visability!

Wishing you lots of luck and hope to see you around on the forums.

Dawn

Thread Information