eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As a collector what wouldn't you sell even if the price was mega bucks

Forum Newbie
    View philtcm's Feedback (+1008)
    All-About philtcm
    View philtcm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default As a collector what wouldn't you sell even if the price was mega bucks

Is there one Item you collected that you would never sell even if offered silly money for it.

Regards Philtcm ------ got loads of cards for sale appart from one - can you guess???

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: As a collector what wouldn't you sell even if the price was mega bucks

Probably my first Teddy Bear, though if the money was silly enough I might relent

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: As a collector what wouldn't you sell even if the price was mega bucks

I wouldn't sell the shell covered trinket box that my son bought for me when we were on holiday in Lymington when the children were little.

It was the first thing he bought me on any holiday we had been on...up till that moment it was me spending all the money on the children when we were away.

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I wouldn't sell the shell covered trinket box that my son bought for me when we were on holiday in Lymington when the children were little.

It was the first thing he bought me on any holiday we had been on...up till that moment it was me spending all the money on the children when we were away.
    I don't think personal/family things count. They're not "collected", are they? I have lots of family stuff I wouldn't sell for any money, but I can't think of anything I've just *bought* that I wouldn't part with - it's all just stuff in the end. But I'm not a collector, just have a few eclectic things I've acquired over the years, so maybe I have a different outlook to real collectors. Interesting question. My ceramic cow is probably the thing I'd need silly money for. It's always what gets moved most carefully in house shifting!

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

considering the amount of teddy bears I now own, I think I am collecting. I wish I had the money to buy old ones, but then OH would probably leave home

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'll eventually find out, once I've listed everything else

I've eventually sold everything I've collected - Kensitas Silk Flowers and Button Hooks (still a few left). In both instances, I couldn't afford to go on collecting. The irony is, they fetched very little when I decided to sell.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Definitely my vintage cigarette carousel, it plays music and the doors open and close, found it at a flea market a few years back and wouldn't part with it for anything, even though I don't use it at all.

Oh and my grandmother's butterfly wing jewelry set.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    View philtcm's Feedback (+1008)
    All-About philtcm
    View philtcm's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well as I started the thread I have to confess everything was for sale----- It ain't - you sudenly realise that stuff you collected ove years and years that.
    I wanna keep this. My daughter and grandaughter think they have me in a spot where It's all for sale.
    Nah it isn't no way will I sell my Grandfather's cine camera and all the add ons. I had to put all the film he took into a museum as it was on it's way out. Got a lot of it saved by a film genious and put on dvd.

Oh and the PETER PAN CARD THAT IS MY LOGO IS NOT FOR SALE. (It's me and has been mine for well ove 50 years)
    NIETHER IS THE ARTFUL DODGER.
    Enjoy your self have a look around.

Regards philtcm

I wouldn't sell my green depression glass candy jars.

Thread Information