Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Book seller blues

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Book seller blues

again hmmmm.........you don't meet their criteria...?.....why not Amazon e-mail you what is it ''exactly'' criteria....what Amazon think probably less private sellers more profit for Amazon because Amazon can sell for higher price...and by the way I buy some stuff from Amazon usually DVDs for me and usually from Amazon U.K. and Amazon U.K. have much stuff which I can't find in here in USA but ''catch'' is I try to buy from private sellers from Amazon in U.K. because DVDs is much cheaper but Amazon don't allow me to buy from any private seller and explanation is ''I am located in USA'' so I can buy only from retail site legal distributors and pay 3 to 4 times higher price.......

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I don't believe all of Amazon's hype about their kindle book sales.

The other bookstore are coming out with book readers

And people will want portability between formats.

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    The only books I sell now are not mainstream books. I look out for unusual books to sell but most of my stock has gone to local charity shops now.
    Ditto. I used to have really good sales on the river and the bay. This year,books which would have sold overnight at £20 are now failing to sell for £1.99!!!

As my ID implies, I 'sell' mostly cookbooks. Now, if people want a recipe, they Google. Why buy a cookbook. So, like you, I sell books which are not mainstream and which the megalisters probably don't have on their inventories.

Charity shops have done very well from us over the last twelve months. But at least the books have been gift aided.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I don't believe all of Amazon's hype about their kindle book sales.

The other bookstore are coming out with book readers

And people will want portability between formats.
    You can have Kindle apps/software free on PCs, iPads, iPhones and Google smartphones which you cannot do with most other book readers. The other book readers are rushing to catch up with Kindle but IMO have left it too late. Without using Google can you name any of the other book readers.

Amazon are also selling a lot their Kindle editions of new books at a fraction of other editions. Last week I bought a Kindle edition of a book being sold in paperback at over £8 (plus postage) for £1.54
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Newbie
    All-About Mindings
    View Mindings's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think this may be a bit misleading as there are many ebooks either free or for very low prices. My children's fantasy, The Elfin Child, is available for Kindle but also as a paperback on Amazon. At the moment sales are running neck and neck. I am getting some stock in soon and will be offering signed copies on Ebid once I can supply.

Forum Newbie
    View pj1956's Feedback (+2781)
    All-About pj1956
    View pj1956's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've been on here for appx. 2 months and still no sale of books yet. Going to keep thinking positive that one of these days I will sell As for e-books.. I prefer a REAL book!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    You can have Kindle apps/software free on PCs, iPads, iPhones and Google smartphones which you cannot do with most other book readers. The other book readers are rushing to catch up with Kindle but IMO have left it too late. Without using Google can you name any of the other book readers.

Amazon are also selling a lot their Kindle editions of new books at a fraction of other editions. Last week I bought a Kindle edition of a book being sold in paperback at over £8 (plus postage) for £1.54
    I have noticed some e/books are being sold at a bit more than 1.54 one was only 1.00 cheaper than the paper book price,
    The day they stop printing new publications and they only come out as e.books i think the prices will rise and end up what were paqying now for printed books, hope that day never comes .

All-About TonyBridger
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BAGHAG999 View Post
    I have noticed some e/books are being sold at a bit more than 1.54 one was only 1.00 cheaper than the paper book price,
    The day they stop printing new publications and they only come out as e.books i think the prices will rise and end up what were paqying now for printed books, hope that day never comes .
    I have no doubts that ebook prices will rise and match normal book prices in time. Just as there is no price difference in downloading music or buying cds however it does seem more people prefer downloading music than buy actual cds

Just as vinyl gave way to cds and cds are giving way to downloading music, printed books will give way to ebooks

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    I have no doubts that ebook prices will rise and match normal book prices in time. Just as there is no price difference in downloading music or buying cds however it does seem more people prefer downloading music than buy actual cds

Just as vinyl gave way to cds and cds are giving way to downloading music, printed books will give way to ebooks
    NEVER! we will fight them in the libraries and in the book shops!

We will never surrender!

All-About TonyBridger
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    NEVER! we will fight them in the libraries and in the book shops!

We will never surrender!
    Pink Panther = King Canute

Thread Information