154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I would like an optional choice of MAKE AN OFFER

117 75.97%
  • No I would not like an optional choice of MAKE AN OFFER

20 12.99%
  • I don't care either way.

17 11.04%
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

Quote Originally Posted by awgydawg1313 View Post
    If Greedbay have got it then it is obviously a money spinner, that's all we need to know.

Although I wholeheartedly agree the Best Offer Option is a must for any auction site but I will disagree with your statement "If Greedbay have got it then it is obviously a money spinner". A money spinner for who?
    You honestly believe every seller can benefit from what eBay has done? Youi believe arts and crafts sellers can survive with the fees, and feedback system...Think again my friend, lot's of different pages to the world we live in.

Forum Lurker
    Swansea, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Sciworks's Feedback (+124)
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

What you and the others don't seem to comprehend is that it will benefit everyone. I was trading with eBay when it first started, it only took a short time for people to be able to start expensive items off at 99p with confidence. As you say, eBid has been around a long time, but I could not start a 99p auction for a gold pocket watch on here, confident that I would get a decent price, which is why sellers start their 'auction' listings off at the selling price or put the selling price reserve on it.

They have to do this because there is no Best Offer option.

eBid has stalled, yes it is slowly increasing it sales, but only in the 'poundland' type of goods.

Offering options that eBay already has will increase the number of sellers in areas that are lacking at the moment, more oprions = more sellers = more quality items = more quality buyers, not just people looking for poundland items. This will give the poundland sellers an oportunity to diversify into better quality and more expensive goods, as the buyers will be there.

eBid has been around a long time, nothing much has changed in the bidding arena, and after all, it is supposed to be an auction site! It is really a just a Google shopping database at the moment, so anything that will improve it should be implemented.

They won't ask you when they put up the fees, don't be naive.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by awgydawg1313 View Post
    What you and the others don't seem to comprehend is that it will benefit everyone. I was trading with eBay when it first started, it only took a short time for people to be able to start expensive items off at 99p with confidence. As you say, eBid has been around a long time, but I could not start a 99p auction for a gold pocket watch on here, confident that I would get a decent price, which is why sellers start their 'auction' listings off at the selling price or put the selling price reserve on it.

They have to do this because there is no Best Offer option.

eBid has stalled, yes it is slowly increasing it sales, but only in the 'poundland' type of goods.

Offering options that eBay already has will increase the number of sellers in areas that are lacking at the moment, more oprions = more sellers = more quality items = more quality buyers, not just people looking for poundland items. This will give the poundland sellers an oportunity to diversify into better quality and more expensive goods, as the buyers will be there.

eBid has been around a long time, nothing much has changed in the bidding arena, and after all, it is supposed to be an auction site! It is really a just a Google shopping database at the moment, so anything that will improve it should be implemented.

They won't ask you when they put up the fees, don't be naive.

You really need to comprehend what your reading.

yes, please !
    <a href=http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net target=_blank>http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net</a>

http://theninestarshop.ebid.net

http://Nine-Star-Electronics.ebid.net

http://Nine-Star-Clothing-Store.ebid.net

http://The-Nine-Star-Book-Shop.ebid.net

http://ninestarjewellery.ebid.net

.................................................. .......................................
    Want to join ebid??? Just follow this link >>>>
    http://uk.ebid.net/perl/normal.cgi?r...=register-main

(and i'll earn some "Buddy Points" ;-) Thank You!

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Best Offer or Worst Offer... it Does NOT matter until this site Has-Shows Bid Colums on every page when scrolling Categories.
    No Bid Column.. No Auction Site.

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have at least 20,000 Offerings in limbo... will Not offer till a Bid Column surfaces... only a short time left.
    Also eBid needs to hire some folk with online auction smarts as to categories and all around heads up.

Im in
    Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    After following the eBid needs Best Offer thread, and at Gazza's request, I thought it a good idea to start a poll.
    You only reap what you sow ! ...
    Lots of Books all Subjects,Education, UFO,Space, Spiritual books, Cross Stitch, Needlework, Art & Craft Books & MANY MORE to mention ! Non Fiction, & Fiction.Dvds,Electronic games,Diecast Cars,Clocks,Pelham Puppet,Old 1970,s Lego Bricks, Lego Rare Funny Faces Bricks, Lego Flowers, Model Railway bits,Toys & Brick a brack & more...Forsale.http://uk.ebid.net/items/Newforest1959....

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Best Offer or Worst Offer... it Does NOT matter until this site Has-Shows Bid Colums on every page when scrolling Categories.
    No Bid Column.. No Auction Site.
    Okay how about just an ecommerce site that gives the little guy a chance? Variety is the spice of life. Greebay is messing with sellers yet again. Basically they are trying to force them to do free shipping in July. If they wanted all there antique/vintage/collectible sellers gone this is the way to do it. These are what made them great and now all they want cheap widget sellers.

Most don't want to run the risk of doing an auction if there is an alternative like a BuyNow with a Make An Offer OPTION. Oh and most people find reserves to be a TEASE. Most don't like to see it when they are looking at an item, so they won't use it selling a item.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think it is good that ebid are asking for our opinions via this poll.

Compare that to Bonanza who are bringing in DSR's which most ebay sellers hate! without asking.

The thing will be when the poll finishes what will ebid do and when ?
    What percentage would they act on. 55% 60% 75% ?
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 25th May 2011 at 05:56 PM.

The Make an Offer/best offer polls are never that close.

Thread Information