154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I would like an optional choice of MAKE AN OFFER

117 75.97%
  • No I would not like an optional choice of MAKE AN OFFER

20 12.99%
  • I don't care either way.

17 11.04%
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

Default Re: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

Quote Originally Posted by terry5732 View Post
    Walmart does not have a 'make offer' option at the register

The tax man does does not say 'what would you like to pay?'

The Post Office does not compromise on prices

Used car dealers haggle

'Used car salesman' is synonymous with crook in my world
    On Walmart: Please visit http://walmartstores.com/pressroom/news/10573.aspx

A quote from this Official Walmart Announcement, "If customers find a lower advertised price, we’ll match it at the register."

So yes, you can bargain with Walmart's prices. Not to mention using coupons or buying from a lower priced store.

Taxes are not something that is sold and is incomparable to "Make an Offer"
    The Post Office is in competition with UPS and other delivery services, often times UPS will beat USPS rates on larger packages. And I never knew the Post Office set selling policies for everyone. This example is nonsensical.

Used Car Dealers Haggle, very true. A good friend of mine runs a Used Car dealership. A crook he is not.

All you have done is given examples of certain companies/industries. Using this method you would have to explain every single item on eBid, and how "Make an Offer" on that specific item causes a loss of integrity.

Please just try explaining how "Make an Offer" causes a loss of integrity on this item http://us.ebid.net/for-sale/vintage-...0-43902261.htm
    This item has a Book Value of $2000 and it is listed on eBid for $975, if the seller had the option of "Make an Offer" maybe he accepts $850. How does this cause a loss of integrity?

Well put....

Forum Lurker
    Swansea, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Sciworks's Feedback (+124)
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

As eBid is not a real auction site, meaning that 'auctions' are not started at 99p (unless the item is only worth 99p), the polled question is incorrect. You are giving the opportunity for those mean minded 'pound shop' members to scuttle an option that should be available as standard.

Who the hell cares about those that don't want Best Offer?

The question should have been set so that those 'pound shop' members could not have a say, we all know that their prices cannot come down. This question is set on a site where most items actually being sold, are under £5.00! Those that are selling antiques in auction have high reserves, which we all know, from years on eBay, put off bidders.

This should not even be debated, the case for Best Offer has already been proved on eBay and those in eBid know it.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

How in the world can any brick and mortar location be logically compared to an auction site. You mean to tell me someone truly believes a buy it now of $200 with a starting price of $50 carries more integrity then a buy it now of $200 with a best offer option?
    What am I missing here? I have yet to see a single comment opposing the best offer option that cant be shot full of holes. Need to think outside of whatever boxes we are in.

Sad to say this but some people will only see there way as the only way no matter what majority would like. People are creatures of habit and can be rather closed minded at times. Maybe eBid could send a poll on the best offer to it's lifetime selling membership. I'm sure they have a record of who and who isn't a lifetime sellers. Whether it wins or looses at least there paying customers will know this site cares about they would like and maybe more will find to there way to the forum.
    Last edited by theweaverboy; 23rd May 2011 at 09:29 PM.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

It shouldn't be up to the members - did eBay ask their sellers if they wanted Best Offer - No. eBay could see the value in it and just put it there as an option, it has paid off. Sellers like myself see the value in it, which is why I put nothing on this site anymore.

This is the reason there are very few Antique and Vintage sellers on here.

What is this thing about ask the membership? - pathetic! It should be an option regardless.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by awgydawg1313 View Post
    It shouldn't be up to the members - did eBay ask their sellers if they wanted Best Offer - No. eBay could see the value in it and just put it there as an option, it has paid off. Sellers like myself see the value in it, which is why I put nothing on this site anymore.

This is the reason there are very few Antique and Vintage sellers on here.

What is this thing about ask the membership? - pathetic! It should be an option regardless.

Different world here. It is nice to get the opinions of everyone before they just go ahead and make changes. In a previous thread about the same subject "Best Offer Option" someone stated eBid had the option long ago but proved to be quite harmful to the site. To this day I cannot imagine how a Best Offer Option would be harmful to an auction site.
    Some folks do not like reserves in their auctions...Don't use them then! Some folks don't like to use International shipping...don't use it then! Some folks don't like to pay extra for more then 5 pictures...don't use that option! Some folks don't want to pay to have front page exposure...don't use it then!
    Why anybody selling anything on any auction site can truly believe a Best Offer Option is a bad thing, I have yet to hear about.
    Some of my auctions I use it some I do not and that is the best thing about it. IT'S AN OPTION NOT A MUST!

I would still love to hear how this option could possibly be detrimental to this site, haven't seen or heard a single logical explanation yet.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Different world here. It is nice to get the opinions of everyone before they just go ahead and make changes.
    Get in the real world - do you believe, in the distant future, when eBid starts making serious money, that greed won't take over? Do you believe they will ask you when they put up the final value fees?

Forum Lurker
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    I would still love to hear how this option could possibly be detrimental to this site, haven't seen or heard a single logical explanation yet.

If Greedbay have got it then it is obviously a money spinner, that's all we need to know.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by awgydawg1313 View Post
    Get in the real world - do you believe, in the distant future, when eBid starts making serious money, that greed won't take over? Do you believe they will ask you when they put up the final value fees?
    You realize how long eBid has been around? Best Offer will help the site but will not put them into anywhere near a level playing field with eBay. I don't believe serious money will become a factor. I f they do decide to take advantage and do some heavy ad campaigns while ebay is vulnerable they probably will ask it's members if they could raise the fees, believe it or not.

I have been in the real world for quite some time and don't much appreciate that comment. That was uncalled for. You need to realize what eBid is all about and how they want to grow before stammering in and believeing your way of thinking is the only way.

Thread Information