154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I would like an optional choice of MAKE AN OFFER

117 75.97%
  • No I would not like an optional choice of MAKE AN OFFER

20 12.99%
  • I don't care either way.

17 11.04%
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

Quote Originally Posted by awgydawg1313 View Post
    Best Offer works for me on eBay, but I sell expensive antique and vintage items where I can move the price. I find it strange that a few people buy at the top price even when they have the opportunity to make an offer, I suppose they feel it is beneath them to make an offer :-) I'm not complaining. I have just sold two antique banjos on eBay, one was up for £480 the other for £280, I was offered and accepted £450 and £250 respectively.

I find that people enjoy the 'game' of making an offer and if it was available here, I would take eBid seriously.

Very true. A Best Offer option supported by the site is much more professional then putting in your descriptions that you do accept offers.

Forum Lurker
    Swansea, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Sciworks's Feedback (+124)
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

I can't understand how eBid can ignore the monetary advantage of Best Offer. There are hardly any Vintage and Antique shops on here and they are the shops which will sell single items for high prices. Most of the 'Pound Shop' sellers on here would have to sell hundreds of their items to reach the turnover of two of mine, all that admin, all those emails, all those listings compared with my two - and when I have written asking for Best Offer, all I get is, "that option is not being considered in the near future".

The only way to encourage Anique and Vintage sellers on here is to give the Best Offer option.

P.S. to Gazza, please learn the difference between a knife and an antique silver fruit knife - Jeez :-)

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just to remind everyone. I opened this poll because of another thread about 'make an offer' option and Gazza replied asking for a poll to be held.

I myself, voted yes, because having a choice of selling options, including 'make an offer' can be beneficial.

I have some items with Buy Now prices (especially my banners and templates) including some regular items with Buy Now prices and other stuff with bid price/buy now prices combined.

I have a few expensive items I feel would benefit if I had a 'make an offer' option available.

There are a lot of items that are RARE or UNIQUE, such as antiques, coins, stamps, trading cards, etc.
    This is one area where nearly every item would use 'Make an Offer'.

'Make an Offer' would also allow buyers interested in multiple items from the same seller to make an offer and receive a discount.

People who are against 'Make an Offer' keep in mind that it is being proposed as an OPTION. If you don't like it, then simply do not use it on your listings. But, by voting 'No' you are voting that all sellers cannot use 'Make an Offer' even if they want to.

Examples:
    (1) I list an autographed trading card of David Beckham for $400 Buy It Now. On Ebid it is either buy it for $400 or look elsewhere.
    With Make an Offer, I list it as $400 Buy It Now or Make an Offer. I would no doubt receive multiple offers for this item. If I get an offer for $300, I'd sell it.
    Without Make an Offer I would have to be some type of deity to know exactly what someone would pay and list it at the perfect price.
    (2)
    I have several (50) Trading Cards listed for Manchester United. Some rare some not so rare. A buyer is interested in buying all the items. Without the 'Make an Offer' option the buyer would have to purchase all the items at the 'Buy It Now' Price.
    With a 'Make an Offer' option, it would allow the buyer an eBid approved, easy, convenient, no hassle way to contact me about a discount for a large purchase (happened all the time on ebay).
    With only 'Buy it Now' these (50) Manchester United Items would take many months to sell individually. With 'Make an Offer' I might sell them all at once.

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    I avoid paying full price for anything if I can possibly avoid it.

I even haggle in high street stores
    Wish I had the nerve to do that! I'm a cheeky wee git at the best of times but I've never been able to haggle!
    Nancy
    Ceud mìle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

I voted yes for the "make an offer" option. Not sure right now if I would or would not use it. Would be nice to have the choice though. Thanks Jan for starting this poll.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

72% not bad at all.........

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    After following the eBid needs Best Offer thread, and at Gazza's request, I thought it a good idea to start a poll.
    I'm here to sell and not really to barter.
    While I will barter I will not give stuff away or race to the bottom price with other sellers.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Re: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

‘’Pink’’ I understand you…and if you don’t like ‘’make an offer’’ just don’t use this options for your listing…AMEN…....

P.S. Many other sellers will use because not everybody has same items and same paying price even if is the item same….and this is the reality of any auction site….

Love this reply or hate it.

Right now on a search "eBid" is asking all which view they like the best. Gallery has a commanding 73% of 457 votes. Now if they'll poll the members for something like a view why not get there input on a best offer "OPTION"? Seller's choice whether or not to use it on a listing.

Thread Information