154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I would like an optional choice of MAKE AN OFFER

117 75.97%
  • No I would not like an optional choice of MAKE AN OFFER

20 12.99%
  • I don't care either way.

17 11.04%
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

Default Re: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

Voted not bothered but you never know one day it might be handy.

Responded to a similar thread not too long ago.

THis is not something I would use, although some may find it useful.

However, I dont think it would do the site a lot of good.
    Buyers appear, find something they may be interested in, so they make an offer.
    While waiting for a response from the seller, the buyer wanders off, and finds the item elsewhere.

This does happen - I have done it myself elsewhere!

So no objection here - as long is it is only an option.

Just my opinion.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 19th May 2011 at 07:48 PM.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Smile Re: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

So far so good….I hope we going to have ‘’best offer options’’…but like I say only voluntary if some seller like it just check box if don’t like uncheck box…and I like to see with best offer options only 3 chances for same buyer I mean one buyer can offer you own price only three times which is willing to pay no more from that…in that way is going to cut (i.e. joke) and is going to cut much time with bothering seller….and in the end I am not worry much for the buyers who is going to go off and go quick and find similar or exactly same item elsewhere because eBid is not have much traffic and most of buyers will wait for response…for me personally I not going to use best offer options for most of my items because I already selling for very low price and for very low shipping but still I can use best offer for my DVDs and some of my items and for my future items which I going to list in here…but I am for YES because this stuff can help other sellers and can lift up sales for many who selling much more expensive or higher price items from price of my items…best offer option can’t hurt any seller who like to use it because if is price of offer low just decline and for sellers who don’t like to use this options is not going to hurt either just uncheck box simple as that…O yes I forgot to write …AMEN…....

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    So far so good….I hope we going to have ‘’best offer options’’…but like I say only voluntary if some seller like it just check box if don’t like uncheck box...
    Great, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    …and I like to see with best offer options only 3 chances for same buyer I mean one buyer can offer you own price only three times which is willing to pay no more from that…in that way is going to cut (i.e. joke) and is going to cut much time with bothering seller….
    Ah, maybe it's not so simple as a 'Best Offer' option after all?

Rock, Pop, Indie, Dance and more CDs

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hypn0t0ad View Post
    Great, that makes sense.

It’s very simple because I know exactly where I put best offer options for my items…items which auction site don’t have same exactly items or not at all (in that way I not going to say I am only one who have this item or similar stuff I just like to give chance any buyer and without best offer options any buyer is stuck with very high price)…and this stuff just works fine for me on other auction site because some buyers offer me price even three times and if I am not happy I decline but I give chance and this not mean I can sell you very cheap but I can sell you a less from selling price…best offer options works a 100% for items which auction site don’t have or very small amount of exactly same items…and works very good for some of items which any seller can sell to you cheaper from listing price and still can make profit especially on eBid where fees is very low…In the end if any seller don’t like to offer this options for own items just uncheck box…...

P.S. Like always is just my personal opinion...God bless you all doesn't matter who is vote for YES and who is vote NO....I wish everybody good selling on eBid...AMEN.....

Quote Originally Posted by hypn0t0ad View Post
    Great, that makes sense.

Not sure if it will be simple.

A question which should be asked, (IF this option were to appear), is, should it appear as default, or should it have to be ticked for it to appear.
    Some may want it all their listings, some may not want it at all, - those are no problem.
    But some may also want it for just some of their listings.
    For the latter, if they have thousands of listings, it could be heck of a job going thru them one by one to decide which ones they will accept offers on, and which ones they wont.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 19th May 2011 at 10:23 PM.

Forum Newbie
    View nycloseout's Feedback (+11257)
    All-About nycloseout
    View nycloseout's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wink Re: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

Yes I would love it

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post

A question which should be asked, (IF this option were to appear), is, should it appear as default, or should it have to be ticked for it to appear.
    Some may want it all their listings, some may not want it at all, - those are no problem.
    For the latter, if they have thousands of listings, it could be heck of a job going thru them one by one to decide which ones they will accept offers on, and which ones they wont.
    Any new function means a decision to be made and updates to be done, but a simple bulk edit will set things one way or the other en masse, and allow fine-tuning afterwards. So if they do add it, they'd better update bulk edit too.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post

It should be as an option TO use it if wanted and in no way be an automatic setting. Just an option as are run until sold or auto repost.

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

So far so good.....62% and only 45 members vote........

Thread Information