154. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I would like an optional choice of MAKE AN OFFER

117 75.97%
  • No I would not like an optional choice of MAKE AN OFFER

20 12.99%
  • I don't care either way.

17 11.04%
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

Default Re: Would you like a MAKE AN OFFER option?

It usually beats out the combined percentages of the "Don't want" and "Don't care".

If they really want to see what the true percentage they should poll all the lifetime sellers+. Or at the very least inform there is a poll in the forum. Who knows the majority of them might not want the option. I think it is a good option for sellers to have and about 55 others agree as well with it here in the forum.

I can not speak for the 55 others that voted, but if it is wrong and majority don't want it prove it to me. Send a mass email to the lifetime sellers+. Show them that you really do want there input by being ORIGINAL, and not just a feeBay alternative. You are willing to listen to the will of your members.

Who knows people may blog about it, and that might create more of a buzz for the site.

Come on fellas the Bay is sicking it's tongue out to it's sellers, and leaving there chin out for you. For Pete's sake jack them in the jaw already.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    It usually beats out the combined percentages of the "Don't want" and "Don't care".

If they really want to see what the true percentage they should poll all the lifetime sellers+. Or at the very least inform there is a poll in the forum. Who knows the majority of them might not want the option. I think it is a good option for sellers to have and about 55 others agree as well with it here in the forum.

I can not speak for the 55 others that voted, but if it is wrong and majority don't want it prove it to me. Send a mass email to the lifetime sellers+. Show them that you really do want there input by being ORIGINAL, and not just a feeBay alternative. You are willing to listen to the will of your members.

Who knows people may blog about it, and that might create more of a buzz for the site.

Come on fellas the Bay is sicking it's tongue out to it's sellers, and leaving there chin out for you. For Pete's sake jack them in the jaw already.

Deaf ears man, deaf ears.

Forum Lurker
    Swansea, The Vale of Glamorgan, United Kingdom
    View Sciworks's Feedback (+124)
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

There shouldn't be a vote at all - it should be part of an auction site. It's like polling for a 'Buy it now' option or a 'Reserve' option.

As for not being an eBay alternative - well I have just done a Google search (In UK) for 'ebay alternative' and guess what comes up second - eBid - so they are obviously advertising themselves as such and I know I that many want an eBay alternative.

The strange thing about the the Google search was that the top listing was one I have never heard of before 'ealtbay'. I looked at their site and there is a 'Best Offer' option which is obviously an integral part of the auction script they are using. If they can put a 'Best Offer' option on the site, surely eBid can do the same.

As I have said before, eBid won't ask you for a vote when they put up the final value fees :-)

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by awgydawg1313 View Post
    There shouldn't be a vote at all - it should be part of an auction site. It's like polling for a 'Buy it now' option or a 'Reserve' option.

As for not being an eBay alternative - well I have just done a Google search (In UK) for 'ebay alternative' and guess what comes up second - eBid - so they are obviously advertising themselves as such and I know I that many want an eBay alternative.

The strange thing about the the Google search was that the top listing was one I have never heard of before 'ealtbay'. I looked at their site and there is a 'Best Offer' option which is obviously an integral part of the auction script they are using. If they can put a 'Best Offer' option on the site, surely eBid can do the same.

As I have said before, eBid won't ask you for a vote when they put up the final value fees :-)
    I just did a Google on USA ebay alternative.... 11 sites came up, no eBid.

Forum Lurker
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    I just did a Google on USA ebay alternative.... 11 sites came up, no eBid.

eBid is a UK Company

View FBNeNotes's Feedback (+1108)
    All-About FBNeNotes
    View FBNeNotes's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBid is a UK Company
    Of course... But they do have a USA mailing address in Florida
    and they do have us.ebid.net

Forum Lurker
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

Show them that you really do want there input by being ORIGINAL, and not just a feeBay alternative. You are willing to listen to the will of your members.
    http://www.ukebid.co.uk/

Forum Lurker
    All-About Sciworks
    View Sciworks's Listings
    Forum Posts

I love this bit: "eBid listens to it's members and are always open to new ideas and suggestions for new categories and/or site features and are quick to sort any problems you may have,"

Do a search of the forum top right for Best Offer - it has been requested constantly from 2006, there have even been previous polls to no avail. eBid listens to the membership - huh!

ealtbay is not only marketing themselves as an alt, but one that will let items that been banned on eBay in. I really don't think they are going to last very long. Items that have been banned were banned for a reason. Someone is going to eventually sue them. They are letting people sell firearms, which is not a very good idea. The ATF is going to rip them apart on the first complaint. They can say that the seller is responsible all they like, but that is not going to be the case. If you were renting an apartment to someone and they were doing something illegal whether you knew or not you'd be held responsible as the property owner.

I love this bit: "eBid listens to it's members and are always open to new ideas and suggestions for new categories and/or site features and are quick to sort any problems you may have,"

Do a search of the forum top right for Best Offer - it has been requested constantly from 2006, there have even been previous polls to no avail. eBid listens to the membership - huh!
    So I'm not the only one that noticed that. Frankly I don't see why anyone would get in the way of others using it as an OPTION if they wish to.

It not an tease like reserve(which is allowed), and not a waste of time like having an openning bid at $8.99 and the BuyNow at $9.99. People don't like having to wait a week to save a buck.

Thread Information