Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: ebid and Amazon

Default ebid and Amazon

Ebid uploads are found in generic google searches and Google shopping ok

Amazon listings are only found in Google searches never have I seen them listed in Google shopping OK

Amazon doesn't like anyone undercutting their prices or thats the way it seems

Google says NO to multiple listings but from what I see it only in Google shopping that they care about anything

So why can't we list on both sites if the only thing is pricing then charge the same but offer free shipping where you are unable to on Amazon

I like to find this out before I reopen my store

Forum Lurker
    View jend's Feedback (+70)
    All-About jend
    View jend's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ebid and Amazon

Amazon's no undercutting rule only applies if your listing the same thing on amazon and elsewhere but if you're only selling off amazon marketplace you can charge what you want, overwise you can charge the same price or higher. They just want your items to be cheapest their so they have more chance of getting their cut. (Not sure how they police it but item pages on amazon uk ask visitors/buyers to let them know about lower prices, if your selling cheaper elsewhere there's a risk of amazon themselves undercutting you.)

They prefer sellers not to list things in more than one place if you only have one copy of an item but most sellers do afaik.

Shouldn't be a problem with google shopping/google as google links to amazon products in my experience go to amazon's main pages not marketplace sellers. I list the same things on several sites ok - usually the same price as mine on amazon or plus a bit to cover postage/extra fees. As long as you remember to delete your listing on amazon asap if something sells elsewhere it should be ok - otherwise there's the risk of selling the same item twice and having to refund, which can affect your account if it happens too much.
    Seen something you like but don't have an account yet? Join ebid for free.
    Geek & gamer collectables, craft stuff, cds & more
    www.ebid.net/uk/users/jend

Thread Information