Thread: Feedback Idea/Suggestion

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Feedback Idea/Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Mostly_Cookbooks View Post
    I buy - and occasionally sell - on the river.

I am not in the least bit concerned with the number of feedback by a sellers name. It is the percentage of positive feedback left by buyers that I judge their selling by.

An automated feedback cannot possibly leave a true representation of a buyers satisfaction/dissatisfaction.
    Suggestion was made due to what has been stated in the forums in regards to not being able to view how many sales a particular seller had or importing feedback vs not and quite a few people trying to get started here and having a slow time due to lack of feedback being left.
    Automatic feedback (not hidden as real feedback) would especially allow newbies to gain a few +'s to their feedback thus helping them get a better jump start.
    There are several new sellers here who have come from other places and have tremendous positive feedback remarks. They struggle to sell 10 items in a few months and get 1 positive feedback comment and 0 negatives. Their competitors however have been here for a whwile or have imported their feedback and have well over 1000 positive feedbacks. Who is getting hurt by this? The newbie without importing their feedbacks, it's just not right when a seller does everything possible to complete a fair and honest sale and reaps no feedback benefit from it due to a lazy buyer.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by glamazonjan View Post
    Is there any way of importing my feeback from ebay to ebid? can anyone tell me how to do this please? Thanks.
    Hi and welcome to eBid.

You can use Repartoo to import fb, check this thread:

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...965&viewfull=1

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    If you have time to be in the forums you have time to leave feedback sorry but it's part of on line sales. I also have shipping way ahead of feedback on my list of priorities.
    unquote

Feedback is NOT part of online sales - in no way whatsoever.

I shop on dozens of websites - and never have to leave feedback.

The fact that I have time to be in the forums just now is totally irrelevant.
    You think if i was called away, or if I was ill, or extremely busy I would still be the forums?

I sell items - not feedback.
    I buy items - not feedback.

I buy an item - I pay for an item - all I want then is to receive the item.
    I dont really care what the seller thinks of me or how the transaction went - as long as I have received my item in a satisfactory condition.

If I am not happy with the item, I contact the seller, and we sort it out.

Personally I would do away with feedback altogether - it has caused more trouble and arguements on all auction sites than everything else put together.

Magnets if everyone was as honest and upstanding as most of the folks I have met through the forums here I would have to agree with you. Unfortunately that is not the case and myself I would like to know if there are sellers sugarcoating their listings or doing improper trade practices. This suggestion has nothing to do with feedback being proper, improper or if it has any relevance to a sale the suggestion was to be able to have a sale count as a sale.
    Personally I would enjoy seeing feedback systems abolished and just go with a detailed rating system for both buyers and sellers. Once a transaction is completed the seller and buyer leaves the ratings which cannot be automatically put in. Sellers ratings to buyers (how long it took to receive payment) which can be automated, Communication issues (seller would have to rate) a rating such as scamarate (scam a rate) could be incorporated for those buyers who like to whittle us down in price after they recieve the item. Seller ratings well your familiar with them but with just seller ratings and no ability to leave buyer ratings it's kind of unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Magnets if everyone was as honest and upstanding as most of the folks I have met through the forums here I would have to agree with you. Unfortunately that is not the case and myself I would like to know if there are sellers sugarcoating their listings or doing improper trade practices. This suggestion has nothing to do with feedback being proper, improper or if it has any relevance to a sale the suggestion was to be able to have a sale count as a sale.
    Personally I would enjoy seeing feedback systems abolished and just go with a detailed rating system for both buyers and sellers. Once a transaction is completed the seller and buyer leaves the ratings which cannot be automatically put in. Sellers ratings to buyers (how long it took to receive payment) which can be automated, Communication issues (seller would have to rate) a rating such as scamarate (scam a rate) could be incorporated for those buyers who like to whittle us down in price after they recieve the item. Seller ratings well your familiar with them but with just seller ratings and no ability to leave buyer ratings it's kind of unfair.
    So now you are advocating the use of DSRs on here?????

I think he meant a two-way ratings system as opposed to a one-way dsr which obviously the Bay have it set up as.

If I HAD to choose one or t'other, I would prefer a two-way rating system instead of automated feedback, I must admit,.

Viewing the Forums for the past 8 or 9 months I noticed a rather large issue regarding a majority of buyers not leaving feedback for sellers.
    Can there be such a thing as "Automatic Feedback" being left for sellers after a certain time period after shipping has been complete?
    Of course this would need to be stated in our notice to winning bidders and invoices. Maybe something along the lines of...Congratualtions you have won item xxxxxxxx once the transaction has been completed you will have x amount of days to leave appropriate feedback for the seller afterwhich eBid will leave automatic Positive feedback stating "succesful sale completed buyer has elected not to leave feedback".
    Although it appears to be the way of the auction sites now that 100% of the buyers do not leave feedback unless they have a gripe but at least the sellers would get actual amounts of sales shown for what they have acheived.
    Not sure how or if this could work as I have read a lot of sellers here do not ship with delivery confirmation but it's just a thought to help improve sales exposure and also allow sellers who have done everything properly to get their buddy points.
    In last 9 months I have gained 744 feedback, so not an issue for me

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

DSR's only if used with DBR's. DSR's by themselves are too one sided and protect the buyer and leave the sellers wide open for thrashing.
    I do not like the DSR system from...well we all know where it started, same place which won't allow a negative feedback or comment to be left for a buyer NO MATTER WHAT. You can't even view a buyers non paying record so ebays feedback system is an utter mess and this isn't ebay it is eBid and there is nothing wrong with taking bits and pieces from other sites incorporating them into things that work and getting on with it.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by raindropsies View Post
    In last 9 months I have gained 744 feedback, so not an issue for me

Fantastic, congratulations very well done. during that period how many have you sold?

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    I think he meant a two-way ratings system as opposed to a one-way dsr which obviously the Bay have it set up as.

If I HAD to choose one or t'other, I would prefer a two-way rating system instead of automated feedback, I must admit,.
    Falls on deaf ears over there and here well...to big of a change for now that would probably take a lot of programming and such and may be not too cost effective at this point but yes something I'm pretty sure everyone (at least most) could agree on.
    There is a thread now about unfair buddy points that's what sparked me to suggest this really. Sellers who pay attention to their buddy points are losing out because buyers aren't leaving feedback. It's not just eBid experiencing this feedbacks are down on the dark side as well. I only started in 2007 over there and I would get almost 100% feedback left. Now I'm lucky to get 60% no problem my end as I have already struggled and have a decent feedback quantity and rating but for folks trying to get started it's gotta be rough.

Fantastic, congratulations very well done. during that period how many have you sold?
    *edit*
    801 sold 21 purchased
    Last edited by raindropsies; 3rd May 2011 at 08:01 PM.

Thread Information