Thread: Feedback Idea/Suggestion

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Feedback Idea/Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    It's not that I wouldn't like to get auto positives it just that its kind of odd. Feedback is like a recommendation. People might take exception to eBid leaving feedback on there behalf. It might provoke certain people to be brutal. If they only buy they aren't going to really care if you red them back. Which in my opinion would be a bad idea. It makes you look childish.

I had always thought feedback was a factor in on line sales. We don't have charts anywhere to show how well we have performed so we leave it up to our feedback comments. Naturally the more positive feedback comments we receive the more comfortable buyers will be making a purchase.
    Since the way of the future appears to be a majority of buyers do not leave feedback sellers need something to show buyers what we have accomplished. At this point in time that something is our feedback rating. If you sell 100 items succesfully then your feedback should reflect 100 succesful items sold not 60 or 40 but 100 succesful sales.
    I still don't understand how this could possibly hurt any seller or this site.

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    We have a + or - after our user ID's presently. Without changing the entire site to add another area of "total sales" per member or as not to cost a lot of money for this change receiving automatic feedback with a comment as stated above accomplishes the view of all sales and also allows buyers/visitors the opportunity to view the actual items sold through the feedback system.
    Nor do I want ''has opted not to leave feedback''.

It could be that I am ill, or have suddenly been called away for an extended period - the last thing on my mind on those occasions is dang feedback.
    Could also be that I am too busy - which does happen at various times.
    Getting orders sent out to customers is way higher on my list of priorities than leaving feedback.

I simply dont want any feedback or comments concerning feedback left on my behalf by any 3rd party, and if it were implemented I would object most strongly.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Positive feedback stating "succesful sale completed buyer has elected not to leave feedback".
    A successful sale is only successful if the buyer is 100% happy with it. eBid cannot know the buyer is 100% happy with it

I still don't understand how this could possibly hurt any seller or this site.
    It will hurt all sellers as buyers will not believe any of the feedback on here, even the Positives left by happy buyers.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

[
    QUOTE=litttleme1969;1332174]I have to agree that feedback on here is an issue. I myself only get feedback for about 60% of sales and the reason for this is my customers come on this site to buy my moulds and most dont use it for anything else. Its not that they are unhappy as they come back time and time again and still dont leave any feedback.. mainly because they just cant be bothered.
    This is pretty much the issue I have seen in the forums for a length of time and decided to address with this suggestion today.

This does leave the issue of not showing a true representation of sales that are made. Yes its not such and issue on Feepay, but it does matter over here as mentioned above due to people only having confidence when they see both good and regular feedback. Ive currently got 12 outstanding feedbacks from the last 2 months and that is pretty much the situation from month to month. IM not sure if there is a positive way of reflecting true sales rather than messing with the feedback system. Yes people should have the option to leave it , and maybe some system could be put in place to show true sales rather than just using the feedback to see how much a person is actually selling. Its a tough one :/ But the lack of feedback being left does really annoy me i have to admit.[/QUOTE]

There has been talk about a seperate view for "amount of sales made" but turned out to be to big of a site change to accomplish so that is where the automatic feedback idea comes in. Buyers would be well aware that if they do not leave feedback within a certain time period then eBid will leave it for them. How does the old saying go...if a buyer is happy they will tell a friend, if they are unhappy they will tell 10 friends. I'm just guessing at this but if a buyer is disgruntled chances are they will leave negative feedback if the seller hasn't done anything to fix the disgruntledness (new word). I firmly believe it is the buyers who are either happy or just satisfied with their purchase and just don't take the time to leave feedback for sellers. Again I could be wrong but reading through the forums quite a few members openly admit most of their sales come from Google views and they are one time buyers never to be seen or heard from again so I see absolutely no reason sellers should not receive acknowledgment of a sale for this.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

[
    QUOTE=TonyBridger;1332185]A successful sale is only successful if the buyer is 100% happy with it. eBid cannot know the buyer is 100% happy with it
    If a buyer is not happy with the purchase I would certainly hope they would contact seller to either return the item or look for a little discount. Why wouldn't a buyer be happy with his purchase? Did they not read what they were buying? Did the seller sugar coat the listing? Did the seller not ship what was pictured or described? If you buy from a brick and mortar store and your unhappy what do you do?

It will hurt all sellers as buyers will not believe any of the feedback on here, even the Positives left by happy buyers.
    [/QUOTE]

If the feedback clearly states feedback left by eBid buyer elected not to leave feedback why would that effect the real feedback comments, sorry I don't get that theory.

I buy - and occasionally sell - on the river.

I am not in the least bit concerned with the number of feedback by a sellers name. It is the percentage of positive feedback left by buyers that I judge their selling by.

An automated feedback cannot possibly leave a true representation of a buyers satisfaction/dissatisfaction.

Is there any way of importing my feeback from ebay to ebid? can anyone tell me how to do this please? Thanks.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post
    Nor do I want ''has opted not to leave feedback''.
    Merely a suggestion and was only my first thoughts as far as wording.

It could be that I am ill, or have suddenly been called away for an extended period - the last thing on my mind on those occasions is dang feedback.
    The suggestion was for buyer to seller feedback so our true amount of sales shows in our feedback ratings instead of our feedback ratings only reflecting buyers who take the time to leave feedback.

Could also be that I am too busy - which does happen at various times.
    Getting orders sent out to customers is way higher on my list of priorities than leaving feedback.
    If you have time to be in the forums you have time to leave feedback sorry but it's part of on line sales. I also have shipping way ahead of feedback on my list of priorities. Feedback is what we have to reflect what we as sellers have accomplished and for our accomplishments to be reflected in our feedback ratings as 40 to 60% lower then actual is wrong and somehow needs to be fixed. The suggestion allows for a reasonable time limit to leave appropriate feedback and is not meant to hurry people along. If after 2 months of the reciept of an item a buyer hasn't left feedback for the seller chances are they are not going to. The seller did what he was supposed to and honored his/her commitment and most likely has already left feedback for the buyer but get's stiffed out of a feedback (sale result) due to someone not taking the time to make a comment. How long does it take to click on "Positive" and write the word "Good".

I simply dont want any feedback or comments concerning feedback left on my behalf by any 3rd party, and if it were implemented I would object most strongly.
    Just can't understand why.

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

[

If the feedback clearly states feedback left by eBid buyer elected not to leave feedback why would that effect the real feedback comments, sorry I don't get that theory.
    If eBid starts leaving false postive feedback, buyers will start suspecting all the other feedback might also be false

Also it will give a false percentage

A seller with 4 genuine positives and one negative has a score of 80% positive feedback

A seller with 4 genuine and 5 false eBid positives and one negative has a score of 90% positive feedback
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

If you have time to be in the forums you have time to leave feedback sorry but it's part of on line sales. I also have shipping way ahead of feedback on my list of priorities.
    unquote

Feedback is NOT part of online sales - in no way whatsoever.

I shop on dozens of websites - and never have to leave feedback.

The fact that I have time to be in the forums just now is totally irrelevant.
    You think if i was called away, or if I was ill, or extremely busy I would still be the forums?

I sell items - not feedback.
    I buy items - not feedback.

I buy an item - I pay for an item - all I want then is to receive the item.
    I dont really care what the seller thinks of me or how the transaction went - as long as I have received my item in a satisfactory condition.

If I am not happy with the item, I contact the seller, and we sort it out.

Personally I would do away with feedback altogether - it has caused more trouble and arguements on all auction sites than everything else put together.

Thread Information