eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Idea/Suggestion

Default Re: Feedback Idea/Suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBridger View Post
    I dislike the fact that eBid seems to delete negatives on request of some sellers and it would make the feedback system more useless than it already is by increasing the positive numbers with false feedbacks not left by buyers.

Just because a buyer doesn't leave feedback does not mean they are happy with the purchase/service. Some buyers do not like leaving Negative feedback so don't leave any.
    Absolutely, Tony. Automatic feedback such as you suggest, adruml, would PERHAPS indicate that the seller has chosen not to leave feedback because they are not entirely happy. After all, a lot of newbies have no idea HOW to leave feedback - even if they are dissatisfied.

So, although it would not 'hurt' my business, it is certainly not my way of doing things.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

If Buyers knew that automatic positive feedback would be left were they to choose not to leave any then that is their choice.
    If they felt strongly enough against a Seller they would do neutral or negative.
    I feel that the suggestion is a good one. It would certainly help to portray a truer picture, I think, so it would get my vote.

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

Good one - like it.
    Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

I'm not really concerned one way or the other; while I always appreciate positive fb, I'm not nearly as concerned about fb, per se, as in a successful transaction. Whether or not a buyer leaves fb is his/her choice and, IMHO, should remain this way.

Just my 2 cents...

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Saint
    View bykimbo's Feedback (+950)
    All-About bykimbo
    View bykimbo's Listings
    Forum Posts

This is one of those suggestions that comes around regularly. I don't like the idea, several do. Several don't. Around we go.

I am totally 1,000,000% AGAINST any form of automatic feedback.

Heck I dont even like the idea that ebid send out feedback reminders on my behalf!

If the feedback system was made automatic, I would want the choice to say that this feedback was left by ebid, and that it in no way reflects my opinion of the transaction.

I am however in favour of some sort of indicator to show how many sales/purchases/transactions have been processed by sellers/buyers - but certainly not thru feedback.
    Last edited by MagnetsAndHangers; 3rd May 2011 at 05:22 PM.

It's not that I wouldn't like to get auto positives it just that its kind of odd. Feedback is like a recommendation. People might take exception to eBid leaving feedback on there behalf. It might provoke certain people to be brutal. If they only buy they aren't going to really care if you red them back. Which in my opinion would be a bad idea. It makes you look childish.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post

Heck I dont even like the idea that ebid send out feedback reminders on my behalf!

If the feedback system was made automatic, I would want the choice to say that this feedback was left by ebid, and that it in no way reflects my opinion of the transaction.

I am however in favour of some sort of indicator to show how many sales/purchases/transactions have been processed by sellers/buyers - but certainly not thru feedback.
    Sums up my views - in a nutshell.

I have to agree that feedback on here is an issue. I myself only get feedback for about 60% of sales and the reason for this is my customers come on this site to buy my moulds and most dont use it for anything else. Its not that they are unhappy as they come back time and time again and still dont leave any feedback.. mainly because they just cant be bothered. This does leave the issue of not showing a true representation of sales that are made. Yes its not such and issue on Feepay, but it does matter over here as mentioned above due to people only having confidence when they see both good and regular feedback. Ive currently got 12 outstanding feedbacks from the last 2 months and that is pretty much the situation from month to month. IM not sure if there is a positive way of reflecting true sales rather than messing with the feedback system. Yes people should have the option to leave it , and maybe some system could be put in place to show true sales rather than just using the feedback to see how much a person is actually selling. Its a tough one :/ But the lack of feedback being left does really annoy me i have to admit.

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MagnetsAndHangers View Post

This is one of the reasons I suggested (in my original post the feedback looks something like...
    "succesful sale completed buyer has elected not to leave feedback".

We have a + or - after our user ID's presently. Without changing the entire site to add another area of "total sales" per member or as not to cost a lot of money for this change receiving automatic feedback with a comment as stated above accomplishes the view of all sales and also allows buyers/visitors the opportunity to view the actual items sold through the feedback system.

Thread Information