Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feedback Idea/Suggestion

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Feedback Idea/Suggestion

Viewing the Forums for the past 8 or 9 months I noticed a rather large issue regarding a majority of buyers not leaving feedback for sellers.
    Can there be such a thing as "Automatic Feedback" being left for sellers after a certain time period after shipping has been complete?
    Of course this would need to be stated in our notice to winning bidders and invoices. Maybe something along the lines of...Congratualtions you have won item xxxxxxxx once the transaction has been completed you will have x amount of days to leave appropriate feedback for the seller afterwhich eBid will leave automatic Positive feedback stating "succesful sale completed buyer has elected not to leave feedback".
    Although it appears to be the way of the auction sites now that 100% of the buyers do not leave feedback unless they have a gripe but at least the sellers would get actual amounts of sales shown for what they have acheived.
    Not sure how or if this could work as I have read a lot of sellers here do not ship with delivery confirmation but it's just a thought to help improve sales exposure and also allow sellers who have done everything properly to get their buddy points.

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Feedback Idea/Suggestion

I LIKE your thinking! I'd vote for that anyday...I average 4 feedbacks for every 10 sales....while feedback is just an "afterthought" for a vast amount of buyers, it means a LOT to me...even if I'm the only one noticing that my feedback score has just been bumped up...I'll say my "hip-hip-hooray's" to myself...aaaaack!!

Why don't you start a poll?

Am I the only one on here not bothered by feedback? As long as the buyer hasn't complained, then I KNOW they are happy with the transaction. Finito.

Feedback is entirely voluntary and, IMHO, it should remain so. Even a very polite note from a seller reminding me to leave feedback gets my hackles up.

Just my opinion - not meant to cause a war

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iwiw60 View Post
    I LIKE your thinking! I'd vote for that anyday...I average 4 feedbacks for every 10 sales....while feedback is just an "afterthought" for a vast amount of buyers, it means a LOT to me...even if I'm the only one noticing that my feedback score has just been bumped up...I'll say my "hip-hip-hooray's" to myself...aaaaack!!

Why don't you start a poll?

It's been stated in the forums nothing ever becomes of polls so I'll wait until we get some feedback to this feedback suggestion then send it to support unless in the meentime support steps in but a few more approvals/opinions would certainly be helpful.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mostly_Cookbooks View Post
    Am I the only one on here not bothered by feedback? As long as the buyer hasn't complained, then I KNOW they are happy with the transaction. Finito.

Feedback is entirely voluntary and, IMHO, it should remain so. Even a very polite note from a seller reminding me to leave feedback gets my hackles up.

Just my opinion - not meant to cause a war

No wars, it's a forum we all have the right to our own opinions and suggestions. Reading your comment; would it be a true assumption that it would not matter to you if a change such as this took place or could this possibly hurt your or others business or way of doing things?

This is more along the lines of having our true sales reflected somewhere rather then only feedback that has been left.

Forum Diehard
    View islandbuckman's Feedback (+192)
    All-About islandbuckman
    View islandbuckman's Listings
    Forum Posts

Feedback is important to new sellers. Many people don't like to buy from a seller that has no feedback. Could your suggestion be implemented? Could a program be made to do such a thing? I know nothing about programing so I don't have any idea if it could be done or how easy it would be to do. I would vote for your suggestion if it could be easily implemented with out a lot of expense to eBid. The last 10 sales I have had, I didn't receive any feedback from the buyers and they all were new buyers that had registered with ebid minutes before buying from me. I have read on other forum discussions that ebid people believe that many of these newbie sales are from people that have found the item on google search or something. They really have no interest in joining ebid but have to to buy. I would bet that after the transaction finishes, they don't ever think about ebid again.

Just my opinion...... for all that it is worth.

I think feedback should remain voluntary, but maybe eBid could send out a news letter once in awhile informing them why it is important. Some might just not know.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by islandbuckman View Post
    Feedback is important to new sellers. Many people don't like to buy from a seller that has no feedback. Could your suggestion be implemented? Could a program be made to do such a thing? I know nothing about programing so I don't have any idea if it could be done or how easy it would be to do. I would vote for your suggestion if it could be easily implemented with out a lot of expense to eBid. The last 10 sales I have had, I didn't receive any feedback from the buyers and they all were new buyers that had registered with ebid minutes before buying from me. I have read on other forum discussions that ebid people believe that many of these newbie sales are from people that have found the item on google search or something. They really have no interest in joining ebid but have to to buy. I would bet that after the transaction finishes, they don't ever think about ebid again.

Just my opinion...... for all that it is worth.

All opinions whether for or against are worthwhile. Always good to get everyones take on an idea. In answer to your question about whether or not it could be implemented is something I don't know but if enough members agree then it will be suggested to support and they will decide if it's cost effective and something they would be interested in implementing.
    Unfortunatley my feedback is imported. On eBid I have 4 transactions 2 buys and 2 sales both of my eBid feedbacks are from sellers, buyers never left feedback so without the imported feedback it would appear to visitors I am a buyer and have no sales experience online. With automatic feedback at least they would see I did in fact have 2 succesful sales and I would get my buddy points.

Forum Saint
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by theweaverboy View Post
    I think feedback should remain voluntary, but maybe eBid could send out a news letter once in awhile informing them why it is important. Some might just not know.

Would it hurt your sales or business in anyway if this was implemented?

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

I dislike the fact that eBid seems to delete negatives on request of some sellers and it would make the feedback system more useless than it already is by increasing the positive numbers with false feedbacks not left by buyers.

Just because a buyer doesn't leave feedback does not mean they are happy with the purchase/service. Some buyers do not like leaving Negative feedback so don't leave any.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

Thread Information