Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 2 pence worth

Default My 2 pence worth

I don't trade very much but have a few thing to sell and thought why not offer them on ebid as ebay are way too expensive. Anyway there are a couple of issues with ebid listing proccess that might require improving.
    After pictures description the next stage of listing is postage. Why is this stage postage. Surely it should be the price of the item. Postage is a formality, price is a neccesity.
    The selling options / price is way understaed. You can almost miss the buying price option as it is in a line of options and doesn't really stand out. I think the selling options should be presented much bolder and clearer.
    Back to pictures. It shows the option to upload 4/5 pictures in the listing page but at the end of the listing it says pictures at 3p each. If yo are alloewd 4/5 pictures then it should say so in the pictures box that 4/5 pictures are free. After that each addition picture is 3p ( if that is the case).
    My final gripe goes back to postage. Why is the postage included in the final price?? for example I have a Laptop for sale. I would prefer collection, but have offered postage for those who cannot collect. The final price, including postage, does not reflect this so i suggest that postage be renmoved from the final selling price as peaple can suss that out for themselves. Mybe a fair postage policy can be implemented to ensure excessive postage is not an issue.
    I have been a member for years and used to post regularly but lost interest in ebd as it wasn't moving and i wasn't trading. I hope it remain and improves to be a real contender against another online auction site.

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: My 2 pence worth

Hi silverlinetools, I clicked on both your links but they don't seem to be working.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes those links are not working for me either.

OP
    Does it really matter in which order things are ?

Regarding pictures I had not noticed about the prices for them, as you say they are free!
    I wanted to change one of my pictures and it did not seem to allow me to delete one. I was able to replace it.
    But it would be nice if it said Delete ?

And if you want ebid to succeed you have to stay on here, and keep listing and buy some things as well.
    Ebid is now second on the PSU chart, so things must be picking up.

Forum Diehard
    View SherMari's Feedback (+2067)
    All-About SherMari
    View SherMari's Listings
    Forum Posts

As a seller plus you get free 4/5 pictures. the charge for pictures is for more than the free pictures I guess. I usually only use one and I have not stopped to critique the listing form, just filled in as i went with the information it required. We advertise ourselves here thus no high fees for listing and selling. Let everyone know where you are I email my customers, advertise in the forums, blog, use facebook, twitter anything to get my store out for the public to see.

The links aren't working because thaey are probably 5 years old and i need to update them, i do think it matters in which order things are quite simplybecause it makes sense to have the price after the description. Ok say you have someting to sell. Do you ask yourself what the postage is going to be or do u ask your self what price you should sell it for. It's just a bit dislocated,
    I go online to buy a product ,ohh whats the postage ?? No The price is the first thing.
    I would like ebid too succeed but its not my job to make ebid a success, its down to Gaz et al after all it's their site and they make the profits. It's not a charity, its a business.

Link fixed if you are that interested.

Cambuslang, South Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View KAYS6912's Feedback (+245)
    All-About KAYS6912
    View KAYS6912's Listings
    Forum Posts

I go online to buy a product ,ohh whats the postage ?? No The price is the first thing

Am I missing something here? When I look at any auction, in any store, the first thing staring me right in the face is the PRICE of the item - be it BID or BN. So I really don't care whether I list postage first, last or in between. The template is there for me to input the required information. That's all I need!

Nancy
    Ceud měle f?*ilte!
    ‘A hundred thousand welcomes!’

http://uk.ebid.net/stores/BARGAIN-BROWSER

GENERAL STORE

I never buy an item based on item price only, I buy based on item price plus delivery cost.

Yes you missed something. The point was about the LISTING PROCESS not the auction page.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlinetools View Post
    Yes you missed something. The point was about the LISTING PROCESS not the auction page.
    I ain't missed anything, if you enter the information, does it really matter on the order if the prices are in the buyers face when they come to buy? IMO no it doesn't matter

Thread Information